The Manchester United Thread

Youtube shows his dribbling ability. You can get videos of all players falling over.

Not sure why "Youtube lol" defense is used. It looks so silly. It's not compilation of Messi with Welbeck face adjusted. It's what Welbeck did. It's his dribbling and close control.

I know you love man utd and any player that comes from the youth system. But dude, come on welbeck is garbage beyond garbage. You can put as many youtube videos as you like showing his dribbling ability heck carroll looked like john toshack reborn on youtube yet he is awful. The majority of england games are against minnows of course he is going to dominate against the like of slovenia, estonia etc... Club record is were its at, and it is abysmal. Telling me welbeck can dribble pass and has good understanding of the game. Your manager telling you to sit on alonso and pressure him is not good understanding of the game. That is called tactical instructions. You have a better chance of convincing me the moon is the sun and vice versa than welbeck not impersonating a pro footballer.

Exactly. Players like Carragher who were nothing but hacks made the life out of it.

hahaha, now your trolling. Carra was never blessed with pace but had an excellent understanding of the game defensively, knew were to position himself. He may not be your ferdinand,terry,hyppia etc... but he was a good player.

[video=youtube;IvZZoyGzENs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvZZoyGzENs[/video]
[video=youtube;fn2EailXuQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn2EailXuQ8[/video]
[video=youtube;9gG-YzfKDMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gG-YzfKDMI[/video]

And theres my point. Only the biggest names have fail compilations because people take the time to make them. A player that good ******* up now and again makes us chuckle. If I had footage of all Welbecks games, for every video you produce showing goals, good touches and nice runs, I could make one showing him kicking the air, falling on his **** or putting the ball out for a throwing while trying to control the ball. Welbeck is very hit and miss with the ball at his feet.

What I mean is its very easy for somebody to make a youtube video highlighting all the good stuff a player does. Its very rare videos are made showing the complete utter ***** they produce week after week in the other 90% of their game time. Anybody thats watched Welbeck on a consistent basis knows its 50/50 whether or not he'll actually beat the man and get a decent shot off, or either take too many touches and be tackled or try to dribble past the player and practically fall over the ball.

You are talking to somebody who watched him all the way from reserves till he left for Arsenal. Dribbling was not a problem for him, it was composure and finishing. That's was the weak link which is obviously decision making in the final third.

hahaha, now your trolling. Carra was never blessed with pace but had an excellent understanding of the game defensively, knew were to position himself. He may not be your ferdinand,terry,hyppia etc... but he was a good player.

He knew where to position himself? Is that to score all his own goals? I dont know who was worse, him or Richard Dunne haha

Terry's ironically your ideal comparison there.

Neither can/ could play, but boy could/ can they both defend. Put a ball playing centre half like the other two alongside them and you have one heck of a good combination.

You are talking to somebody who watched him all the way from reserves till he left for Arsenal. Dribbling was not a problem for him, it was composure and finishing. That's was the weak link which is obviously decision making in the final third.

As did I. I obviously wasnt wearing your glasses. Are you seriously trying to tell us that Welbeck was good with the ball at his feet? Had close control while dribbling with the ball? Not a chance. The only time he beat a man was if he booted it and ran. If he tried to dribble past a player he tripped up.

He knew where to position himself? Is that to score all his own goals? I dont know who was worse, him or Richard Dunne haha

loool good one, like i said carra has a high opinion of himself. However he was a good player nothing more nothing else. Man some of his o.g were comical though im not gonna lie.

I know you love man utd and any player that comes from the youth system. But dude, come on welbeck is garbage beyond garbage. You can put as many youtube videos as you like showing his dribbling ability heck carroll looked like john toshack reborn on youtube yet he is awful. The majority of england games are against minnows of course he is going to dominate against the like of slovenia, estonia etc... Club record is were its at, and it is abysmal. Telling me welbeck can dribble pass and has good understanding of the game. Your manager telling you to sit on alonso and pressure him is not good understanding of the game. That is called tactical instructions. You have a better chance of convincing me the moon is the sun and vice versa than welbeck not impersonating a pro footballer.

Yeah we just have to ignore he was used as defensive winger because of his work rate and concentrate on his goal scoring stats. Non sense.

Manager trusting him to sit on Alonso proves he has better understanding of the game and can carry out the instructions set by manager.

Posts like Welbeck is garbage proves the point though. You know absolutely nothing about him. There is middle ground apart form world class and ****. Welbeck is a good PL player and his weakness is finishing. Outside the box his game is very good.

I don't have to prove anything about his ability, I said he can dribble and backed it up.

If the player is not Ferdinand, Terry class then he is garbage.

And theres my point. Only the biggest names have fail compilations because people take the time to make them. A player that good ******* up now and again makes us chuckle. If I had footage of all Welbecks games, for every video you produce showing goals, good touches and nice runs, I could make one showing him kicking the air, falling on his **** or putting the ball out for a throwing while trying to control the ball. Welbeck is very hit and miss with the ball at his feet.

So only biggest names have fail compilation and along with that we have Welbeck's also. Nice try.

You tried to prove as if Welbeck is the only player who falls on his ****, I said even the best do and I proved it with videos.

With the current team we have, I would much prefer Hernandez rather than Welbeck. Having someone that can dribble and hold the ball up well is nice, but Rooney can do that. Someone that can play on the shoulder of the defense and make runs behind them for through balls would be better. And Hernandez does that better than Welbeck.

Terry's ironically your ideal comparison there.

Neither can/ could play, but boy could/ can they both defend. Put a ball playing centre half like the other two alongside them and you have one heck of a good combination.

Non sense. Terry is very good passer of the ball, his one attribute that is overlooked always. His passes from deep many times were inch perfect and I have seen him doing with his weaker foot.

Nice try though trying to put Carragher somewhere near Terry when the gap between them is as big as Chelsea and QPR.

As did I. I obviously wasnt wearing your glasses. Are you seriously trying to tell us that Welbeck was good with the ball at his feet? Had close control while dribbling with the ball? Not a chance. The only time he beat a man was if he booted it and ran. If he tried to dribble past a player he tripped up.

Yeah, I'm wearing glasses and somehow defending Arsenal player. Makes sense.
You can check in the video how many times he retained possession when under pressure without kick and run. Like I said, there is some ridiculous opinion on Welbeck just because he lacks finishing, so that means his game must be ****.

Yeah we just have to ignore he was used as defensive winger because of his work rate and concentrate on his goal scoring stats. Non sense.

Manager trusting him to sit on Alonso proves he has better understanding of the game and can carry out the instructions set by manager.

Posts like Welbeck is garbage proves the point though. You know absolutely nothing about him. There is middle ground apart form world class and ****. Welbeck is a good PL player and his weakness is finishing. Outside the box his game is very good.

I don't have to prove anything about his ability, I said he can dribble and backed it up.

If the player is not Ferdinand, Terry class then he is garbage.

So only biggest names have fail compilation and along with that we have Welbeck's also. Nice try.

You tried to prove as if Welbeck is the only player who falls on his ****, I said even the best do and I proved it with videos.

I tell the fat guy in my sunday league to boot the ball anytime it comes near him. SEE i gave him instructions, doesnt meen he has a good understanding of the game. Same with fergie telling welbeck to use his best attribute ATHLETICISM to pressure alonso. You clearly know **** all about football if your saying if your not terry ferdinand level then your garbage. you dont have to be the best of the best to still be good.

Yeah, I'm wearing glasses and somehow defending Arsenal player. Makes sense.
You can check in the video how many times he retained possession when under pressure without kick and run. Like I said, there is some ridiculous opinion on Welbeck just because he lacks finishing, so that means his game must be ****

I never once slagged off his work rate or his defensive capability. Those glasses must affect your reading aswell.

Non sense. Terry is very good passer of the ball, his one attribute that is overlooked always. His passes from deep many times were inch perfect and I have seen him doing with his weaker foot.

Nice try though trying to put Carragher somewhere near Terry when the gap between them is as big as Chelsea and QPR.

Of course it's nonsense. He played for Liverpool.

Again, as predictable as night following day.

I tell the fat guy in my sunday league to boot the ball anytime it comes near him. SEE i gave him instructions, doesnt meen he has a good understanding of the game. Same with fergie telling welbeck to use his best attribute ATHLETICISM to pressure alonso. You clearly know **** all about football if your saying if your not terry ferdinand level then your garbage. you dont have to be the best of the best to still be good.

Park man marked Pirlo out of the game and that has nothing to do with ATHLETICISM. It's following your player.

Re Carragher, going by your posts, if player is not Messi, Ronaldo or even Hazard level then he is garbage. I just used that pathetic logic.

Your last point is exactly what I'm saying. Welbeck can be good player without being best of the best.

I never once slagged off his work rate or his defensive capability. Those glasses must affect your reading aswell.

Not sure where you are going with this. You said I'm wearing glasses, if so not sure why I would defend Arsenal player.

Of course it's nonsense. He played for Liverpool.

Again, as predictable as night following day.

Obviously he played for Liverpool, so he must be up there with one of the best league has seen.

As predictable as it gets.

Pressuring a player is about much more than athleticism, there's awareness of ones position, when to pressure when to sit back and hold the line and then not to mention tackling the player with the ball etc. if pressuring was that easy ******* man and his dog would play Barcelona style high press. Whether he is following instruction from his manager is pretty much irrelevant, it's that he can do it, admittedly his athleticism makes it easier for him to do it but it is not the only he can do it so effectively, if that was the case 100m runners would be footballers stop being so close minded.

With the current team we have, I would much prefer Hernandez rather than Welbeck. Having someone that can dribble and hold the ball up well is nice, but Rooney can do that. Someone that can play on the shoulder of the defense and make runs behind them for through balls would be better. And Hernandez does that better than Welbeck.

Yeah, I said same thing week back. Van Gaal wants his striker to make runs to the channels and make room for midfielders, which is exactly what Hernandez is capable of. He can stretch defense and with the current set up he is more than good enough back up. Not to mention his goal scoring record in PL.

Back