The Manchester United Thread

Sunil, Steve, Scouse - play nice or you won't play at all. I'm on holiday, which makes me twice as likely to remove you all because it's less effort for me to come and check

Müller is a similar player to Dirk Kuyt. Welbeck is physically superior and more technically gifted. Müller is world class due to his mental strength and composure. He isn't the greatest finisher, however he scores many due to great off the ball movement and positioning. Welbeck is a good precise dribbler, with very decent ball control, however he isn't the most composed in front of goal.

Exactly. Welbeck is good dribbler but **** finisher. All you see here is "lolz garbage player, can't finish".

Sunil, Steve, Scouse - play nice or you won't play at all. I'm on holiday, which makes me twice as likely to remove you all because it's less effort for me to come and check

You see when all the posts includes "take off your blinkers" and other smart **** comments it's hard to play nice ;)

Had so many arguments in this site but those were enjoyable as it included discussion and some thoughts behind the posts.

I did and STFU about blinkers thing. It's embarrassing. Anyone with blinkers on wouldn't defend Arsenal player and you are thick as pig **** to even understand that. Not surprising going by your posts too.

Also anyone with blinkers on would post like a certain scouseguy who just thinks every Liverpool player who won **** all is one of the best in PL.

You are wrong about his dribbling ability and that's exactly what I argued. I even provided the proof for that.

I don't defend any player for the sake of it, certainly not Arsenal fan. So don't be a **** with all the "blinkers, bla bla cap" thing.

I said he lacks final pass, that has nothing to do with dribbling ability. He picks wrong passes in the final third but outside the box he does well.

Whats that supposed to mean? Because I dont agree with you im thick as pig ****? Yeh ok.

So in all these times you have watched him you dont think he trips over the ball or gets it caught in his feet more than your average player? And what has him being an Arsenal player NOW got to do with anything? He was still a United player. And im basing my opinion on his dribbling as a United player.

Its my opinion that when he was dribbling with the ball, when he looked up to pick a pass or a shot he lost control of the ball a lot of the time, and either toe poked it out or got it muddled up in his feet before being closed down. I even remember watching a game, I think for England, where the commentator picked up on that very thing. He said something along the lines of him knowing what he wants to do in his head but gets completely ahead of himself and forgets where the ball is at times.

So again the point about him not having that final pass is linked to him stumbling over the ball in the first place. If he could take his eye off the ball to look for the pass without losing control of it then he would be in a much better position to play the pass or have a shot.

Obviously we arent going to agree on this, and cant even be arsed talking to you when you spit your dummy out calling people thick as pig **** because I can pick out an ex-uniteds players faults and admit them. But yeh your youtube video proves he can dribble so your right, he can dribble, silly me.

Welbeck is an accurate dribbler, he just doesn't do it very often. He much prefers to use off the ball movement to beat a player and again, doing that is not a bad thing. Given some the reasoning being put forward here against Welbeck, I'm amazed anyone rates Muller. After all he isn't very quick, isn't very technical, but can run all day.....

Müller is a similar player to Dirk Kuyt. Welbeck is physically superior and more technically gifted. Müller is world class due to his mental strength and composure. He isn't the greatest finisher, however he scores many due to great off the ball movement and positioning. Welbeck is a good precise dribbler, with very decent ball control, however he isn't the most composed in front of goal.

Whats that supposed to mean? Because I dont agree with you im thick as pig ****? Yeh ok.

So in all these times you have watched him you dont think he trips over the ball or gets it caught in his feet more than your average player? And what has him being an Arsenal player NOW got to do with anything? He was still a United player. And im basing my opinion on his dribbling as a United player.

2 other members with exact same view, so those 2 are also blinkered and just defending ex player?

Obviously we arent going to agree on this, and cant even be arsed talking to you when you spit your dummy out calling people thick as pig **** because I can pick out an ex-uniteds players faults and admit them. But yeh your youtube video proves he can dribble so your right, he can dribble, silly me.

When all your posts ends with smart **** comments then don't expect me to just ignore it. You said I'm just defending ex player for the sake of it along with some smart **** comments but there are at least 3 people in last few pages who share the same view as mine. So even those are blinkered?

Exactly. Welbeck is good dribbler but **** finisher. All you see here is "lolz garbage player, can't finish".

You see when all the posts includes "take off your blinkers" and other smart **** comments it's hard to play nice ;)

Had so many arguments in this site but those were enjoyable as it included discussion and some thoughts behind the posts.

Well in your posts you just come across as blinkered because you havent accepted one bit of criticism aimed at welbeck. If you didnt see all the times he fell over the ball, got it tangled in his feet or miscontrolled an easy ball because he was too busy looking around while the ball is arriving, instead of having the awareness to already know whats around him, then theres not a lot I can do about that. Plenty of other people have. Just a shame some little kid hasnt made a youtube video for me to prove that. A lot of fans are blinkered and wont accept any kind of criticism of their players old or new and blindly defend them. You must have come across them in your time. In this exchange you have come across as one of those. I raised two valid points about his game and you decided to take that as an attack on his entire game and start banging on about work rate and a load of other stuff I didnt even mention. If your offended by what I said I apologise, but calling people thick as pig **** because they dont agree with you just makes you look like a child that took his ball in.

Well in your posts you just come across as blinkered because you havent accepted one bit of criticism aimed at welbeck..

I don't even care about rest of that. You are just assuming something in your head and just posting nonsense. I said Welbeck is a **** finisher and lacks final pass. I said his decision making in box lets him down. How is that not accepting criticism?

Re work rate thing, I don't even know what you are saying. I said because of his work rate he was used as defensive winger so using stats to prove something is not right.

If I was like fans you said, I would be against Welbeck because he moved from ManUtd to Arsenal. So are all ManUtd fans who said he is good dribbler are same kind of fans?

Last edited:
And the likes on my posts suggest people on this forum agree with me aswell so whats your point? Its a forum. Everyone has different opinions.

I raised two valid points about his game and you decided to take that as an attack on his entire game and start banging on about work rate and a load of other stuff I didnt even mention.

This is the second time you posted this nonsense. I will ask you once again, where did I use work rate and defensive contribution when arguing with YOU?

You love to make things up and argue just for the sake of it.

And the likes on my posts suggest people on this forum agree with me aswell so whats your point? Its a forum. Everyone has different opinions.

The one who is doing is the one I was talking about in last few posts. Everything relate to ManUtd is **** and everything related to Liverpool is one of the best.

That was not even my opinion, so are all the fans who think Welbeck was good dribbler are blinkered?

I don't even care about rest of that. You are just assuming something in your head and just posting nonsense. I said Welbeck is a **** finisher and lacks final pass. I said his decision making in box lets him down. How is that not accepting criticism?

And I agree with all that. I also believe a big part of his **** finishing and final pass is because when he looks up to pick his shot or pass, he loses track of the ball. Unfortunately there isnt a youtube video of all them times to prove it. Like I said, ive seen this with my own eyes, and im sure quite a few others have too. And ive noticed it enough times to put that down to a lack of ability in certain parts of his game, on a consistent basis. I was watching Welbeck before most fans even knew who he was.

I mentioned two parts of his game, which isnt that far from points you have made yourself. I just went into a bit more detail on why I think he's lacking in them parts and I put it down to his lack of ability to dribble with his head up and keep close control of the ball. But then you started going on about his work rate and defensive ability (something which I never questioned) like ive just come out and said Welbeck is ***** and that was that. I made a short statement on Welbeck on ONE part of his game I think he could improve on, and what I think the base of that problem is, and you have taken it like an attack on Welbeck as a player in general. Never once did I do that, and ive told you that time and again.

If you think he can dribble and keep close control of the ball while hes looking up then fine, thats your opinion. I dont think he can. Simple as that.

G7D96lDN_normal.jpg
Graham Hunter @BumperGraham .@luke47a Lvg has asked ADM to stay & told him he'll start more. #Cavani demanded to be guaranteed starter last time Utd negotiated with him, was never going to happen.

And I agree with all that. I also believe a big part of his **** finishing and final pass is because when he looks up to pick his shot or pass, he loses track of the ball. Unfortunately there isnt a youtube video of all them times to prove it. Like I said, ive seen this with my own eyes, and im sure quite a few others have too. And ive noticed it enough times to put that down to a lack of ability in certain parts of his game, on a consistent basis. I was watching Welbeck before most fans even knew who he was.

Dribbling is not done only in final third, it's done all over the pitch and that's what I said. Welbeck is good in the tight spaces and retains possession with his dribbling ability and that's it. He won't do anything to hurt the opposition.

There are plenty of examples in the videos like how he retained possession in the midfield with his ability. It's also called dribbling.

The one who is doing is the one I was talking about in last few posts. Everything relate to ManUtd is **** and everything related to Liverpool is one of the best. ....

Beyond embellishing to outright lying now.

Yeah, I'll leave it at that Mike to save you the trouble but he's getting beyond the pale.

zWLoV6CF_normal.jpeg
The MUFC Academy @mrmujac ACADEMY NEWS: United defeated Rotherham 3-0 and drew 0-0 with Bury in triangular tournament at Carrington this morning...Gribbin two pens and best player of tournament.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Boss confirms Javier Hernandez will rejoin squad on 25 July. "He can prove himself again. His chances are better now." #MUtour

Little Pea :)

Looks like we have very good partnership with Barnsley. Loaned 2 players and signed 2 players on trial. One of them is highly rated defender.
Yes looks like it. Think we are close to finalising that defender, not sure about the other lad. Pearson scored for Barnsley today apparently.

Back