The Manchester United Thread

Park man marked Pirlo out of the game and that has nothing to do with ATHLETICISM. It's following your player.

Re Carragher, going by your posts, if player is not Messi, Ronaldo or even Hazard level then he is garbage. I just used that pathetic logic.

Your last point is exactly what I'm saying. Welbeck can be good player without being best of the best.

Your the one banging on about his workrate and defensive capability then put up a ***** youtube video of his goals and assists. How does that work then? How many kids have youtube videos highlighting the good they do? How many have videos highlighting their failures? As soon as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo ect make a mistake, there is hundreds if not tousands of people waiting to make a video. Because its not very often they do make mistakes. So when they do, and actually look normal, its funny.

Not many videos of mistakes from your average player gets made. Because people arent arsed. Unless its a cult figure like Bendtner and the like. Apart from that you'll only get videos of one bit of skill that goes wrong like David Dunn going on his ****.

So I'll say it again, and not I am in no way slagging or his work rate, defensive ability, athleticism or ability to follow out instructions (defensively). When he has the ball, its 50/50 whether he will actually do something with it or just fall on his ****. And if you watched Welbeck as much as you say you have then I cant understand how you fail to see this. Unless your a typical blinkered fan to anybody wearing the shirt.

Your the one banging on about his workrate and defensive capability then put up a ***** youtube video of his goals and assists. How does that work then? How many kids have youtube videos highlighting the good they do? How many have videos highlighting their failures? As soon as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo ect make a mistake, there is hundreds if not tousands of people waiting to make a video. Because its not very often they do make mistakes. So when they do, and actually look normal, its funny.

Not many videos of mistakes from your average player gets made. Because people arent arsed. Unless its a cult figure like Bendtner and the like. Apart from that you'll only get videos of one bit of skill that goes wrong like David Dunn going on his ****.

So I'll say it again, and not I am in no way slagging or his work rate, defensive ability, athleticism or ability to follow out instructions (defensively). When he has the ball, its 50/50 whether he will actually do something with it or just fall on his ****. And if you watched Welbeck as much as you say you have then I cant understand how you fail to see this. Unless your a typical blinkered fan to anybody wearing the shirt.

I don't give a **** about goals and assists. You said he can't dribble and I posted video proving he can.

I didn't use his work rate and defensive capability as something to defend him, I said that's the reason why he was used as winger more often. Your reading problem is not my problem. I posted video when I said he can dribble. I said something to other Liverpool fan who said he is not tactically good, for which I replied with his defensive ability on Alonso.

You see Welbeck videos because he plays for ManUtd and when any mistake happens many will be all over it.

Yeah blinkered fan who is defending Arsenal player *facepalm* I know it's hard and useless to argue with people who think players who don't score or assist is ****, typical stat fans.

Welbeck finishing is **** but his dribbling, passing is not. You can get proof of dribbling just with a click on button but for some reason you chose not to.

How can Welbeck video of his dribbling don't prove his dribbling ability is beyond me. If you watched his game then you would know Welbeck used to dribble and then **** up final pass.

Last edited:
Yeah because I said Bruce is up there with Terry isn't it.

It was more completely being disingenuous to a player widely regarded as one of the premier leagues best ever out and out defenders to the point you completely dismissed him as nothing more than a 'hack.'

Bruce came to mind.

Saying Welbeck is just an athlete is nonsense. He has his flaws, but he's certainly not just an athlete. That's bog rot

It was more completely being disingenuous to a player widely regarded as one of the premier leagues best ever out and out defenders to the point you completely dismissed him as nothing more than a 'hack.'

Bruce came to mind.

One of the best ever? lol. Yeah maybe in scouseworld every player is one of the best in PL.

If Welbeck is stealing living then it's exactly what Carra did for not being absolute best in his position.

Saying Welbeck is just an athlete is nonsense. He has his flaws, but he's certainly not just an athlete. That's bog rot

Exactly. People confuse with lack of finishing as lack of ability.

Carragher was good, but never as good at CB as Terry, or better at RB than Neville

Exactly. People confuse with lack of finishing as lack of ability.
If people are doing that, then they don't know how to analyse a player. Finishing doesn't define your technically ability at all. Take a look at Muller

If people are doing that, then they don't know how to analyse a player. Finishing doesn't define your technically ability at all. Take a look at Muller

But apparently defending Arsenal player means we are wearing glasses and blinkered fans.

Can't blame few though, they just follow the herd.

I don't give a **** about goals and assists. You said he can't dribble and I posted video proving he can.

You see Welbeck videos because he plays for ManUtd and when any mistake happens many will be all over it.

Yeah blinkered fan who is defending Arsenal player *facepalm* I know it's argue with people who think players who don't score or assist is ****, typical stat fans.

Welbeck finishing is **** but his dribbling, passing is not. You can get proof of dribbling just with a click on button but for some reason you chose not to.

How can Welbeck video of his dribbling don't prove his dribbling ability is beyond me. If you watched his game then you would know Welbeck used to dribble and then **** up final pass.

No, the difference is, Manchester United is one of the most supported clubs in the world. There litteraly hundreds of thousands of people waiting to big up every united player in a shirt. How many videos was there of Darmian before he was linked with us and then signed? How many is there now showing off his skills, tackles, assists and goals? Then how many are there of him being turned inside out and falling on his ****? Or slicing a clearance, or his own goals, bad back passes or general **** ups?

Just because some 12 year old in Malaysia has made a video of Welbeck dribbling and scoring a few goals doesnt take away the fact that just as many times he miscontrols the ball, gets it caught up in his feet, kicks the air or falls over his own shadow.

Take Bendtner for example. He scores goals, he can dribble, he can assist, he can close players down and follow instructions. But he also has a cult status for being absolute *****. So because of that status all the good he does is forgotten. People concentrate on the misses, his **** passes and so on. So videos are made of him being ****. Probably a lot more than him being good. Just because there arent many videos of Welbeck ******* up in posession, doesnt mean he doesnt do it.

If you watched his game then you would know Welbeck used to dribble and then **** up final pass.

Why did he **** up the final pass? Because he took one too many touches instead of passing/shooting earlier? (I mentioned that) Is it because when he looks up for the final pass he runs over the ball and gets it caught in his feet? (I mentioned that also). Like I said, if you took your blinkers off and actually read what I said, then you would see I only pointed out 2 errors in his game. Taking too many touches instead of passing/shooting earlier, and losing control of the ball when DRIBBLING because when he looks up he loses track of the ball. Nobody could ever slag off his work rate for the team, him being played out of position on the wing for his work rate, closing down and his defensive capability.

Welbeck is an accurate dribbler, he just doesn't do it very often. He much prefers to use off the ball movement to beat a player and again, doing that is not a bad thing. Given some the reasoning being put forward here against Welbeck, I'm amazed anyone rates Muller. After all he isn't very quick, isn't very technical, but can run all day.....

Meh.. I have made my points and nothing more to add.

Heres my first post on Welbeck for you again. Please take your blinkers off and read again.

In my opinion the problem with his finishing is he always wants to take that one touch too many. If he got his shots off just that one touch earlier I think he would score a lot more. Also he cant dribble with the ball while looking up. As soon as he raises his head, even for a split second, he runs over the ball or it gets caught up in his feet. If he sorts out those two issues he wouldnt be that bad. Unfortunately for him, he lacks the ability to know exactly when to shoot and then the ability to look up and pick his spot without tripping over the **** thing.

So where exactly in any of that am I wrong? You say yourself he lacks that final pass. I address that in both the points I raised. That includes his final pass and his ability to get shots away. Never once slagged off his workrate, his defensive ability or anything else. Just two parts to his game that if he can improve he will be a much better player. I think you just got your "lets defend every united player/ex-player from criticism" cap on.

Heres my first post on Welbeck for you again. Please take your blinkers off and read again.

I did and STFU about blinkers thing. It's embarrassing. Anyone with blinkers on wouldn't defend Arsenal player and you are thick as pig **** to even understand that. Not surprising going by your posts too.

Also anyone with blinkers on would post like a certain scouseguy who just thinks every Liverpool player who won **** all is one of the best in PL.

So where exactly in any of that am I wrong? You say yourself he lacks that final pass. I address that in both the points I raised. That includes his final pass and his ability to get shots away. Never once slagged off his workrate, his defensive ability or anything else. Just two parts to his game that if he can improve he will be a much better player. I think you just got your "lets defend every united player/ex-player from criticism" cap on.

You are wrong about his dribbling ability and that's exactly what I argued. I even provided the proof for that.

I don't defend any player for the sake of it, certainly not Arsenal fan. So don't be a **** with all the "blinkers, bla bla cap" thing.

I said he lacks final pass, that has nothing to do with dribbling ability. He picks wrong passes in the final third but outside the box he does well.

Welbeck is an accurate dribbler, he just doesn't do it very often. He much prefers to use off the ball movement to beat a player and again, doing that is not a bad thing. Given some the reasoning being put forward here against Welbeck, I'm amazed anyone rates Muller. After all he isn't very quick, isn't very technical, but can run all day.....

Müller is a similar player to Dirk Kuyt. Welbeck is physically superior and more technically gifted. Müller is world class due to his mental strength and composure. He isn't the greatest finisher, however he scores many due to great off the ball movement and positioning. Welbeck is a good precise dribbler, with very decent ball control, however he isn't the most composed in front of goal.

Müller is a similar player to Dirk Kuyt. Welbeck is physically superior and more technically gifted. Müller is world class due to his mental strength and composure. He isn't the greatest finisher, however he scores many due to great off the ball movement and positioning. Welbeck is a good precise dribbler, with very decent ball control, however he isn't the most composed in front of goal.
absolutely bang on.

Back