The Manchester United Thread

Dribbling is not done only in final third, it's done all over the pitch and that's what I said. Welbeck is good in the tight spaces and retains possession with his dribbling ability and that's it. He won't do anything to hurt the opposition.

There are plenty of examples in the videos like how he retained possession in the midfield with his ability. It's also called dribbling.

AGAIN, I never questioned his ability to retain possession in midfield. He is a strong player. He can stand with his back to a player with his foot on the ball. Thats great. I also never said he couldnt run with the ball. If he's deep, and has a lot of space infront of him, and he has time to look up and know what he's going to do beforehand, he can run with the ball, he can dribble, because he just runs into the space infront of him. Because he knows he has space infront of him, and where that space is, he can keep his HEAD DOWN and dribble with the ball. As soon as it gets to near the box, and he doesnt have the luxury of acres of space to run into, and hes being closed down, and has to get his HEAD UP to look for a pass or shot, he fumbles and loses control of the ball. Especially when he has to do that while the ball is still moving.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Boss confirms Javier Hernandez will rejoin squad on 25 July. "He can prove himself again. His chances are better now." #MUtour

Little Pea :)

As I'd predicted, Van Gaal would stick with a 1 striker formation with a solid strikeforce of Rooney, Chicharito and Wilson.

Lot of rumors about Pedro to United. Not sure how to feel about it. Liked him a lot few years back when he was very clinical, now I don't know how good he is.

well after reading the last few pages when are the my dad bigger than your dad going to strart

Lot of rumors about Pedro to United. Not sure how to feel about it. Liked him a lot few years back when he was very clinical, now I don't know how good he is.
Excellent of the ball. Excellent finisher. Problem is he has spent a majority of his career coming of the bench and being secnd fiddle so how do assess if someone is good when they come on against an opposition who has spent the majority of the game chasing the ball and are tired. 50/50 for me.

He's a half decent fininsher, however he's back up quality and won't improve many prem teams. His dribbling isn't special for a player of his position, however he has decent ball control and movement. He's average like Jesus Navas.

well after reading the last few pages when are the my dad bigger than your dad going to strart
To put an end to this debate, here's the man most qualified to talk on the Welbeck matter, "Technically he’s very sound. That was a surprise. He’s technically clean and that he’s a good passer of the ball".

To put an end to this debate, here's the man most qualified to talk on the Welbeck matter, "Technically he’s very sound. That was a surprise. He’s technically clean and that he’s a good passer of the ball".
Lool no more welbeck please. Otherwise im gonma go to bed murmuring welbeck how da **** did you miss....

Not that keen tbh. Do not need IMO. Young,Januzaj,Di Maria,Mata,Valencia,Pereira,Lingard,Memphis is more than enough.

He paid £16 million for him. He's hardly going to say anything to the contrary.

As I'd predicted, Van Gaal would stick with a 1 striker formation with a solid strikeforce of Rooney, Chicharito and Wilson.
I think were still looking at STRs after LVG said there could be a surprise when asked about STRs next season, but its a process.

Also Pereira was very good as a winger. His best position is in the midfield but his pace was very surprising. Hopefully we don't make any dumb signings just for squad fillers and rely on players like Pereira.

Not that keen tbh. Do not need IMO. Young,Januzaj,Di Maria,Mata,Valencia,Pereira,Lingard,Memphis is more than enough.
In my opinion, Schweinstiger was an unnecessary signing, when you have Schneiderlin. United need to focus on team cohesiveness and finding a set formation and style of play. One thing that worked well for us (Arsenal) in the second half of last season, is that after signing CB Gabriel to plug a gap, players like Coquelin and Bellerin were able to emerge and we looked a much better team with the same players due to the team working much better as a unit. Last season, 7 came into the first team off the back of a world cup year, which all went **** up, as the first half of the season was a disaster.

In my opinion, Schweinstiger was an unnecessary signing, when you have Schneiderlin. United need to focus on team cohesiveness and finding a set formation and style of play. One thing that worked well for us (Arsenal) in the second half of last season, is that after signing CB Gabriel to plug a gap, players like Coquelin and Bellerin were able to emerge and we looked a much better team with the same players due to the team working much better as a unit. Last season, 7 came into the first team off the back of a world cup year, which all went **** up, as the first half of the season was a disaster.
I think schweinsteiger was signed purely to be a calm experienced head for the next 3 seasons in place of Carrick. For all we know LVG is planning to get rid of Carrick at the end of the season or have very limited game time after this season and schweinsteiger would still have that extra 2 years at least to seamlessly take over. With the view of schneiderlin and blind taking over as the long term replacements for both plus a new signing when schweinsteiger goes.

Schweinsteiger is very important signing. We can now not rely on Carrick and play Bastian. Blind will be back up for LB and Fellaini is attacker. So Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera is excellent options to have.

We really did need him TBH yes we signed Schneiderlin but Carrick is getting on and not sure how many games he is going to play and Blind struggled for us in that role against good opposition. We really did struggle for holding CM last season and with more games and the doubts over Carrick, was the perfect signing. Still think Arsenal need a couple of players to really challenge also next season, as do we.

Back