The Manchester United Thread

Not very from the research I did earlier. Not played there a whole bunch, and when he has he has more assists than goals.
It's very different playing up top than on the wing. Pedro will never play there. the movement and positional awareness is in a league of its own compared to the wing. You also need to learn the technical skill of holding the ball up, allowing midfielders to catch up and the ability to control the tempo of counter attacks. Schurrle, who is more qualified to play up there had no clue when Chelsea lost 3-1 against PSG 2 seasons ago and Mourinho had to practically tell him when to make runs.

In my opinion, Schweinstiger was an unnecessary signing, when you have Schneiderlin. United need to focus on team cohesiveness and finding a set formation and style of play. One thing that worked well for us (Arsenal) in the second half of last season, is that after signing CB Gabriel to plug a gap, players like Coquelin and Bellerin were able to emerge and we looked a much better team with the same players due to the team working much better as a unit. Last season, 7 came into the first team off the back of a world cup year, which all went **** up, as the first half of the season was a disaster.

Your opinion so you can stick by it but Schweinsteiger in no way or form was an unnecessary signings for us, not only what he'll bring on the pitch but off it as well, we badly need that experience back in the team considering how many leaders we've lost over the last few years.

Also I don't really get your point, if LVG plays 4-3-3, we need 3 quality midfielders and good depth as well, without Schweinsteiger we would just of had Schneiderlin, Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick?

Well we're on that subject, the emergence of Coquelin has probably blinkered Wenger again into not thinking he needs to make a signing in that position, which he's done repeatedly throughout the years in various positions and it has cost you because your depth is thin or badly lacking quality which you end up relying on, not bidding for Schneiderlin is laughable considering the depth you have there relies on Arteta and Flamini - not the quality to challenge for major competitions. Very bad move by you guys IMO.

Last edited:
It's very different playing up top than on the wing. Pedro will never play there. the movement and positional awareness is in a league of its own compared to the wing. You also need to learn the technical skill of holding the ball up, allowing midfielders to catch up and the ability to control the tempo of counter attacks. Schurrle, who is more qualified to play up there had no clue when Chelsea lost 3-1 against PSG 2 seasons ago and Mourinho had to practically tell him when to make runs.
That's why I said did not want. Has been poor when played there and we are stacked for width.

We really did need him TBH yes we signed Schneiderlin but Carrick is getting on and not sure how many games he is going to play and Blind struggled for us in that role against good opposition. We really did struggle for holding CM last season and with more games and the doubts over Carrick, was the perfect signing. Still think Arsenal need a couple of players to really challenge also next season, as do we.
Schweinstiger isn't suited to the holding midfield role compared to Carrick, let alone Schneiderlin. He isn't good enough at tackling and he lacks speed, as well as stamina that he had at the start of his career.

Schweinstiger isn't suited to the holding midfield role compared to Carrick, let alone Schneiderlin. He isn't good enough at tackling and he lacks speed, as well as stamina that he had at the start of his career.
I disagree he can play that role and the 8 role perfectly. I trust LVG on this one and my own eyes of coarse :)

Not sure if serious, Schweinsteiger is just 30 and will be 31 at the start of the season, not 40.

Wait what your relying on schweni to be cover for carrick and vice versa. I swear bastian is injury prone as ****.

Wait what your relying on schweni to be cover for carrick and vice versa. I swear bastian is injury prone as ****.
Injury history Share

Injury history To the correction form

[TABLE="class: items"]
[TR]
[TH="class: zentriert"]Season[/TH]
[TH]injury[/TH]
[TH="class: zentriert"]from[/TH]
[TH="class: zentriert"]until[/TH]
[TH="class: rechts"]Days[/TH]
[TH="class: rechts"]Games missed[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: zentriert"]14/15[/TD]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]tear in a joint capsule[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Apr 6, 2015[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Apr 20, 2015[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]14 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="class: zentriert"]14/15[/TD]
[TD="class: hauptlink"][/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Aug 11, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Nov 17, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]98 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: zentriert"]13/14[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]May 15, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]May 19, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]4 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]tendon irritation[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Jan 22, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Feb 10, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]19 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Nov 8, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Jan 8, 2014[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]61 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]tear in a joint capsule[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Aug 28, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Sep 12, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]15 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: zentriert"]12/13[/TD]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]Malleolar injury[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]May 2, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]May 6, 2013[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Apr 19, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Apr 22, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]3 days[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Feb 3, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Feb 8, 2013[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]5 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Nov 11, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Nov 13, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]2 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]muscular problems[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Aug 5, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Aug 20, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]15 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: zentriert"]11/12[/TD]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]Malleolar injury[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Mar 16, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Mar 25, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]9 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]Torn Ankle Ligament[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Feb 8, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Mar 6, 2012[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]27 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]Collarbone Fracture[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Nov 3, 2011[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Dec 15, 2011[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts"]42 days[/TD]
[TD="class: rechts hauptlink wappen_verletzung"]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: hauptlink"]Abdominal Influenza[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Oct 24, 2011[/TD]
[TD="class: zentriert"]Oct 28, 2011[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Hardly injury prone!

Hardly misses many games TBH and his last major one is because they rushed him back to early and did not have a rest after the world cup. He and the Beyern physio admitted this.

Pedro a guy who's made 51 caps for Spain and 204 for Barcelona can't dribble? Wow, I'm outta here.

I swear there's always one fan from another club who just comes in here to stir some shizz up every day.

Your opinion so you can stick by it but Schweinsteiger in no way or form was an unnecessary signings for us, not only what he'll bring on the pitch but off it as well, we badly need that experience back in the team considering how many leaders we've lost over the last few years.

Also I don't really get your point, if LVG plays 4-3-3, we need 3 quality midfielders and good depth as well, without Schweinsteiger we would just of had Schneiderlin, Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick?

Well we're on that subject, the emergence of Coquelin has probably blinkered Wenger again into not thinking he needs to make a signing in that position, which he's done repeatedly throughout the years and it has cost you bcause your depth is thin or badly lacking quality which you end up relying on, not bidding for Schneiderlin is laughable considering the depth you have there relies on Arteta and Flamini - not the quality to challenge for major competitions. Very bad move by you guys IMO.
Blind, Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera and Mata all played there. Schneiderlin would have made it 6. There are no gaping holes or weaknesses in our squad. Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arteta and Flamini all fight for 2 central midfield places. The telegraph have an excellent article on this: Arsenal fans might not like it - but Arsene Wenger is right about not needing more signings - Telegraph

Pedro a guy who's made 51 caps for Spain and 204 for Barcelona can't dribble? Wow, I'm outta here.

I swear there's always one fan from another club who just comes in here to stir some shizz up every day.
I never said that he can't dribble, however his dribbling ability is nothing to shout about relative to his position. Last season, Pedro made 0.6 successful take-ons per game, while Di Maria averaged 1.67. Santi Cazorla who played in central midfield, made 2.35 take ons per game! 0.6 successful take ons per game isn't good enough. It means that he's beating a player approximately every two games. Even the 'terrible dribbler' Danny Welbeck averaged 1.52 take ons per game, which blows Pedro's out of the water and is more in line with Di Maria.

He missed 44 games in 2014.

Edit: He's missed 71 games in 4 seasons. That's at least 1.5 seasons worth of football. To make things worse, in that period, it would have taken a few games to become match fit.
just stop trolling

Back