The Manchester United Thread

Blind, Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera and Mata all played there. Schneiderlin would have made it 6. There are no gaping holes or weaknesses in our squad. Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arteta and Flamini all fight for 2 central midfield places. The telegraph have an excellent article on this: Arsenal fans might not like it - but Arsene Wenger is right about not needing more signings - Telegraph
Fellaini,Mata,Herrera are not holding CMs tbh. I still think Arsenal are short a couple of players.

He missed 22 last season 28 season before that. Not bad out of 50+ games. And his last bad injury could have been avoided. At the price we paid absolute bargain.

He's not injury prone in my opinion but it'll be interesting to see how he copes at United, especially given how LvG is known for his intense training schedules. Also if the injury chart you provided is accurate he missed 28 games out of a possible 56 in the 2013/2014 season and in 2014/2015 he missed 22 games out of a possible 52.

He's not injury prone in my opinion but it'll be interesting to see how he copes at United, especially given how LvG is known for his intense training schedules. Also if the injury chart you provided is accurate he missed 28 games out of a possible 56 in the 2013/2014 season and in 2014/2015 he missed 22 games out of a possible 52.
Yeah I agree. But I don't think LVG signed him to play every game just give us better options and better quality.

Is that list of games missed all as a result of injury or does that include games rested and other non-injury related reasons?

He missed 22 last season 28 season before that. Not bad out of 50+ games. And his last bad injury could have been avoided. At the price we paid absolute bargain.
He has missed a seasons worth of football in the past 2 years. There's no doubt that he's injury prone. In the past 4 seasons, he's only had one that hasn't been injury ravaged. Missing 1.5 seasons worth of games in 4 seasons is a shocking fitness record, especially when a bit extra would be needed for match fitness. With all of his fitness issues, injuries and age, Schweinstiger doesn't have the stamina to play as a no 8 like Schneiderlin does.
just stop trolling
You can't say i'm, trolling when everything i've said is logical.
Fellaini,Mata,Herrera are not holding CMs tbh. I still think Arsenal are short a couple of players.
Fellaini and Herrera are more qualified as holding midfielders than Schweinstiger. At least Fellaini has been proven there, he's more adept at getting around the pitch and is a much better tackler.

Jesus Christ people. 12 pages in as many hours and there isn't even any new news.

Trust lvg?. Wingback it is then

I think you are confused this with Liverpool thread. It's the joke about Rodgers, shoehorning everyone to wingback role, like Sterling, Ibe, Markovic.

Jesus Christ people. 12 pages in as many hours and there isn't even any new news.

You need to edit your settings man. Increase the post count.

He has missed a seasons worth of football in the past 2 years. There's no doubt that he's injury prone. In the past 4 seasons, he's only had one that hasn't been injury ravaged. Missing 1.5 seasons worth of games in 4 seasons is a shocking fitness record, especially when a bit extra would be needed for match fitness. With all of his fitness issues, injuries and age, Schweinstiger doesn't have the stamina to play as a no 8 like Schneiderlin does.

You can't say i'm, trolling when everything i've said is logical.

Fellaini and Herrera are more qualified as holding midfielders than Schweinstiger. At least Fellaini has been proven there, he's more adept at getting around the pitch and is a much better tackler.
There are not Holding midfielders by any means! More qualified than Schweinstiger ok :O

Fellaini has played the majority of his career as a holding midfielder, while Schweinstiger is a playmaker.

He hasn't at all. He played about 2 seasons at Everton as a defensive midfielder but often played off a striker for the last half hour or so if they was behind. He plays box to box generally. Even for Belgium he plays up the pitch and often just behind the strikers. Under Moyes here he got played wherever just because he wanted him in the team. Under LVG he played most as a second striker to Rooney once we sorted our formation out, and even when he was in midfield he was more box to box or with more emphasis on supporting the attack.

He's too gangly and all elbows to be relied upon as a defensive midfielder in my opinion. As an attacker, you seem to get more leeway off ref's when jostling with defenders. He still gives away free kicks because of his elbows but refs generally let it slide, but if he does all that defending the ball and constantly giving fouls away he just gets constantly booked. He should stay as far away from defensive midfield as possible.

Nah...Schweinsteiger is far more capable of being a holding mid than Herrera and fellaini...especially fellaini...

Fellaini is awful in that role..he's passing isn't good enough...he reads the game quite poorly and is a sponge for yellow cards...

Schweinstiger isn't suited to the holding midfield role compared to Carrick, let alone Schneiderlin. He isn't good enough at tackling and he lacks speed, as well as stamina that he had at the start of his career.

Well...Schweinsteiger is a much better tackler than carrick...

Is faster than carrick...although he's lost a yard of pace and he's still got some stamina in him...

What did you guyz think of Schweinsteiger's performance yesterday?..

He played carrick role beautifully even getting forward occasionally...he's like carrick 2.0

Basically carrick+ physicality and mobility...

Just running through the fixtures again of the first half of the year and it still blows my mind that GMP could sanction Utd-L'pool for half 5 Saturday tea-time.

WTF where the bizzes thinking there? That has utter carnage written all over it.

Last edited:
What did you guyz think of Schweinsteiger's performance yesterday?..

He played carrick role beautifully even getting forward occasionally...he's like carrick 2.0

Basically carrick+ physicality and mobility...
Looked a class above TBH seemed to have ages of time on the ball and his movement was good. Gave away a few sloppy balls and looked short of Fitness which is to be expected. Once hes in full flow again, will easily be one of the best CMs in the league!

Looked a class above TBH seemed to have ages of time on the ball and his movement was good. Gave away a few sloppy balls and looked short of Fitness which is to be expected. Once hes in full flow again, will easily be one of the best CMs in the league!
That's exactly what I was gonna say. When he was on the ball it looked like everyone else in slow motion. Just made it look easy. As the half went on he started getting a bit sloppy with his passes and being caught on the ball but like you say, I put that down to fitness more than anything. And I'm wondering if LVG might have had a word to the players about the pitch and told them just to keep it steady and not get injured. He didn't seem happy at all with it

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Back