The Manchester United Thread

Arsenal and Chelsea are much bigger clubs than Liverpool. Take away a few trophies decades ago and Liverpool are barely one of the top 4 biggest in Europe this season.

And here is where I die laughing .....

Arsenal and Chelsea are much bigger clubs than Liverpool. Take away a few trophies decades ago and Liverpool are barely one of the top 4 biggest in Europe this season.

Well, after I remind you Arsenal have won less than Liverpool this Century. As well as the last.

Now I shall go back dying laughing. Nice way to go out.

Last edited:

And here is where I die laughing .....
Well, after I remind you Arsenal have won less than Liverpool this Century. As well as the last.

Now I shall go back dining laughing. Nice way to go out.

Ugh, take that conversation to either Liverpool or Arsenal thread.

Reminds me how **** our defence was at times last season, if we don't get a CB this window we can kiss goodbye to any hope of challenging for the league, regardless of signings in other positions.

How serious do you think the Otamendi rumours are? Just seems a lot of speculation with nothing concrete coming out of either club or the player.

How serious do you think the Otamendi rumours are? Just seems a lot of speculation with nothing concrete coming out of either club or the player.

I think we're interested but won't find out anything until he's back from his holiday July 26th. If we're not I'm seriously worried because he looks like the only option.

I think we're interested but won't find out anything until he's back from his holiday July 26th. If we're not I'm seriously worried because he looks like the only option.

Thank you. Things should hot up or not after next weekend then huh?

You'll forgive me for hoping you aren't interested as you know, like yourself, just how highly I both rate him and what a difference I feel he'd make to that Utd backline.

Thank you. Things should hot up or not after next weekend then huh?

You'll forgive me for hoping you aren't interested as you know, like yourself, just how highly I both rate him and what a difference I feel he'd make to that Utd backline.

One would think so, as well as the Di Maria fiasco.

One would think so, as well as the Di Maria fiasco.
I honestly think that the United squad is good enough to challenge as it is. A WC defender would improve United, however more coordination there would improve United above all else. Rojo is a solid defender. Phil Jones can still become a top quality defender. Smalling and Evans aren't bad for 3rd and 4th choices. United need to settle on a style of play, balance all areas of the pitch and play better as a Unit to challenge. Remember that 300 million has been spent to improve Fergie's title winners.

If everyone stays healthy, De Gea stays and Di Maria clicks, they will definitely challenge. They weren't that far off last year either, and with new signings they went from cardboard midfield to by far and large best midfield in the league. They have goal threat all over the pitch, 40 goals a season from midfield alone wouldn't suprise me in a slightest. Add strikers, some set pieces, best goalkeeper in the league, and you've got yourself a title challenge.

Last edited:
Disagree with both, CB is the most important signing this summer. Can't rely on Jones/Smalling/Rojo/McNair/Blackett and then expect a title challenge, without even thinking about Champions League. De Gea won't always perform the heroics to save us all them points.

Funny you should say that, because Jones/Smalling/Rojo/McNair/Blackett somehow allowed 4th least goals in the league, only 5 more then the best defense in Chelsea.

These are all solid players, playing in front of godlike goalkeeper. You now also have a right back who can actually defend, instead of failed winger, and you have midfielders who can actually tackle. It should be on completely new level defensively from that alone.

You really don't need 4 Maldinis forr a trophy challenge when defense is properly shielded for a change. One Smalldini is enough.

Arsenal and Manchester United will challenge Chelsea next season on current squads. There are no gaping holes in the top 3. In my opinion, United, Arsenal and Chelsea are at the stage where neither squad has weaknesses, however players should only be added for a big improvement in the squad. The team with the best balance, tactical planning and consistency will win at this stage.

It's rediculous to say that Wenger has been gutless to make those decisions. Have you been under a rock for the past 18 years? Half of our squad has changed in the past 3 due to many players not making the grade. One example is Lucas Podolski who wasn't doing much for 100k a week. Fergie and Mourinho didn't let their egos take over the job. Van Gaal has a reputation for being patronising, this I personally don't like his management style.

Yeah, all fulfilled their contracts and left on free transfers. He couldn't even offload them. Also tbf Wenger rarely had to deal with those situations though as better players just left Arsenal on their own to win trophies.

So it was Wenger's EGO that made to sell Podolski?

Van Gaal is open and honest, the way it worked for him in the past.

It's really simple on De Gea, he wants to go but he is also enjoying life at United and has been completely professional. It's because of that, that United have been able to maintain their position. Uniteds position is working because of him, not in spite

It's really simple on De Gea, he wants to go but he is also enjoying life at United and has been completely professional. It's because of that, that United have been able to maintain their position. Uniteds position is working because of him, not in spite

De Gea not giving his best is just a wishful thinking from few.

De Gea not giving his best is just a wishful thinking from few.
Yeah it shows an under appreciation of De Gea and of United in general. If they didn't think he could carry on he wouldn't be here. Valdes is going because he didn't play a reserve game and people think we haven't thought about the mental state of our main keeper? Really? That's ignoring everything about the fact that while he wants to go he would be happy to stay. What he doesn't want is something drawn out

Last edited:
Just learned a valuable lesson today...

Well Im sorry to say that its true. Lfc have been living on past glories for too long and he did mention that he was talking about THIS SEASON.

Also the marquee players all know this and none want to go there (and for a few seasons now), whereas even their own players know they have much better chance of winning stuff away from them (see Sterling).

In the modern era of big money, Premier League football, any football fan who claims Liverpool are a bigger or better club than Manchester United should really think about returning to full time education.

It's like standing in a garage forecourt insisting that your Fiat Uno is a better car than a Toyota Celica.

Back