The Manchester United Thread

You still cant discount those!

Well it's a pretty misleading basis to an argument when most every Coach working in Holland has most of his squad gutted every year down to the need to sell and has to promote their own youth products.

He had an exceptional crop at Ajax all in one go but that by no means makes him special at that club in playing them.

Well it's a pretty misleading basis to an argument when most every Coach working in Holland has most of his squad gutted every year down to the need to sell and has to promote their own youth products.

He had an exceptional crop at Ajax all in one go but that by no means makes him special at that club in playing them.
Not really. Anyway he has shown this season he will give youth a chance no matter how anyone wants to spin it or argue otherwise.

Not really. Anyway he has shown this season he will give youth a chance no matter how anyone wants to spin it or argue otherwise.
Do you not think he was forced last season into giving a chance to McNair and Blackett given all the injuries? You say we could have just gone out and bought someone but who knows if there was any budget left after buying di Maria and the money for falcao.

Those two were put in out of desperation, not because he thought they deserved a place in a fully fit defense. There's a big difference.

Who else did he give a chance to really? Wilson had already broken through as had januzaj.

Do you not think he was forced last season into giving a chance to McNair and Blackett given all the injuries? You say we could have just gone out and bought someone but who knows if there was any budget left after buying di Maria and the money for falcao.

Those two were put in out of desperation, not because he thought they deserved a place in a fully fit defense. There's a big difference.

Who else did he give a chance to really? Wilson had already broken through as had januzaj.
I have already said yes I think he would have given them a chance. And lol at not having no more money to spend despite signing Di Maria and Falcao. They went on tour because LVG and the coaches deemed them good enough for a chance. They impressed on tour and LVG praised them and gave them a chance last season. Its really not that hard to grasp FFS!

I have already said yes I think he would have given them a chance. And lol at not having no more money to spend despite signing Di Maria and Falcao. They went on tour because LVG and the coaches deemed them good enough for a chance. They impressed on tour and LVG praised them and gave them a chance last season. Its really not that hard to grasp FFS!

We have always taken kids on tour. Even Moyes. That's a gimme. Hardly a statement of intent.

Who did he actually give a chance to youth wise, in meaningful games, that he wasnt forced into selecting through injuries and put them in becuase they have actually earned a spot over another fully fit player?

How do you know there was more money to spend? Considering we was out of the champions league and had no guarantee of getting back in. Our faults were there for all to see. Where was this extra money in January to sort out the team? If we was flying high then I'm sure money would have been made available but even in January we was hardly guaranteed champions league football.

Last edited:
We have always taken kids on tour. Even Moyes. That's a gimme. Hardly a statement of intent.

How do you know there was more money to spend? Considering we was out of the champions league and had no guarantee of getting back in. Our faults were there for all to see. Where was this extra money in January to sort out the team? If we was flying high then I'm sure money would have been made available but even in January we was hardly guaranteed champions league football.
How about we did not spend the money because LVG was happy with how the youngsters were doing. We had plenty of money to spend being out of the CL for a season or even 2 would have not stopped that. This is boring as **** now, going round in circles. LVG came in took youth on tour, played youth throughout the season and praised them for the performances.

How about we did not spend the money because LVG was happy with how the youngsters were doing. We had plenty of money to spend being out of the CL for a season or even 2 would have not stopped that. This is boring as **** now, going round in circles. LVG came in took youth on tour, played youth throughout the season and praised them for the performances.

Or..........LVG came in, took youth on tour (as did Fergie and Moyes. As I said, thats a gimme, not a statement of intent), played 2 youth defenders because there was literally nobody else available, not one other youth player got a chance simply because they were deemed good enough and wanted to give them a game, just the 2 defenders he was forced into playing.

LVG didnt spend because he was happy? What a load of bollocks. We spent enough pre-season. Injuries hit badly and by January we was nowhere near where we expected to be. We had no guarentee of Champions League football. If we spent another **** load and failed to get Champions League again it would have hit, no matter how much money you think was available.

This conversation has been a snooze fest and sent me almost to sleep.... please talk about something a bit more interesting.

I'll even start a topic, who will our next signing be? (If there is another).

I'm going to take a punt on Pedro, got a feeling he may be someone LVG wants for his versatility and composure he can certainly be clinical when given a chance. Can play as a forward and whilst not ideal, he is one of the better options out there. For the price it would be a good buy IMO.

Sergio Romero may happen but he's average and just going to be backup so no one cares about him, so he doesn't count as a signing ;)

Who did he actually give a chance to youth wise, in meaningful games, that he wasnt forced into selecting through injuries and put them in becuase they have actually earned a spot over another fully fit player?

This conversation has been a snooze fest and sent me almost to sleep.... please talk about something a bit more interesting.

I'll even start a topic, who will our next signing be? (If there is another).

I'm going to take a punt on Pedro, got a feeling he may be someone LVG wants for his versatility and composure he can certainly be clinical when given a chance. Can play as a forward and whilst not ideal, he is one of the better options out there. For the price it would be a good buy IMO.

Sergio Romero may happen but he's average and just going to be backup so no one cares about him, so he doesn't count as a signing ;)
Good idea, because im board as **** talking about that other ****! Yeah will agree with ya there mate Pedro would be my shout, but got a feeling Hernandez will be sold if does not show LVG his worth. Its sounding like him and Romero is pretty much done. Can see Romero replacing Lindergaard and Johnstone being promoted to 3rd choice. Not sure after that, im sure LVG and Woodie are weighing up all options.

Good idea, because im board as **** talking about that other ****! Yeah will agree with ya there mate Pedro would be my shout, but got a feeling Hernandez will be sold if does not show LVG his worth. Its sounding like him and Romero is pretty much done. Can see Romero replacing Lindergaard and Johnstone being promoted to 3rd choice. Not sure after that, im sure LVG and Woodie are weighing up all options.

We need Otamendi for his beard... ignoring everything else.

Coming from the person who thinks half a premiership game and 4 league cup games is getting a chance? No wonder you nearly fell asleep. You havent got a clue what your talking about.

If you find talking about our own club and our players getting chances boring, but find talking about garbabe twitter rumours interesting then great.

We need Otamendi for his beard... ignoring everything else.
LOL and his Tattoos. Whats your expectations for next season and deem a success. I would go with-

A good Title challenge
A good run in both Cups, hopefully winning one
And Quarters of the CL

Coming from the person who thinks half a premiership game and 4 league cup games is getting a chance? No wonder you nearly fell asleep. You havent got a clue what your talking about.

If you find talking about our own club and our players getting chances boring, but find talking about garbabe twitter rumours interesting then great.

Sod off with the patronising post, it's my opinion that he had a chance and he wasn't good enough. Just because you've been blabbing on for the last two hours about youth not getting a chance at a club like United doesn't make me start insulting your opinion.

The fact you can't even accept we give youth chance is just stupid because you must of been in some hypnotised trance for last 100 years. That's what this club has been built from and will continue to do. We're doing it now, we done it last season and we'll continue to do it so why not just let it go.

LOL and his Tattoos. Whats your expectations for next season and deem a success. I would go with-

A good Title challenge
And Quarters of the CL

I'd say that's pretty much spot on man - only thing I'd say is that winning a cup should be a definite goal, it's been ages since we won FA Cup. Wouldn't care about it if we won the league though ;)

A good Title challenge
And Quarters of the CL
your aiming too low mate we will win the lot

A good Title challenge
And Quarters of the CL

Hmmm, it's a tough one but I'd say...

Get relegated.
Be eliminated from both cups.
And get knocked out in the CL qualifying rounds.

Sound alright? ;)

Back