The Manchester United Thread

We've had good keepers come and go, are they hard to replace? Yes. Will it be a smooth transition? No. But having a better defence which.... hopefully... we will...... should help the settling in period.

De Gea has many good things about his game, but he lacks some that ones before him had, commanding of box has improved but still not as good as VDS or Schmeichel for example. As well as communication and that can be crucial as well in help organising defence, so we'll lose a lot with De Gea but maybe the next keeper shall have some of these traits that he lacked.

I'd rather talk about potential CB's incoming than Liverpool's history or SteveRobbo's obsession how United don't use any youth.
Obsession? Hardly. Brought it up for one day trying to have a proper conversion about something relevant to our club instead on constant ***** about the same rumours 100 times a day.

I told u all straight away that LVG was taking the **** with the media about the striker thing. But no, you all go on for a 100 pages talking about bollocks rumours and signings that are never gonna happen.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Obsession? Hardly. Brought it up for one day trying to have a proper conversion about something relevant to our club instead on constant ***** about the same rumours 100 times a day.

I told u all straight away that LVG was taking the **** with the media about the striker thing. But no, you all go on for a 100 pages talking about bollocks rumours and signings that are never gonna happen.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Your whole point didn't make much sense because it isn't true, it may of only been for one day but it seemed like longer the way you went on about it endlessly for 3 hours straight at one point.

Didn't you also say something similar when we were discussing Schweinsteiger? That didn't really turn out to be bollocks now did it....

Your whole point didn't make much sense because it isn't true, it may of only been for one day but it seemed like longer the way you went on about it endlessly for 3 hours straight.

Didn't you also say something similar when we were discussing Schweinsteiger? That didn't really turn out to be bollocks now did it....
Why what did I say about Schweinsteiger?. I don't remember saying anything about him.

And why isn't my point true? That's my opinion. And I explained my reasoning behind my opinion instead of just stating something and then not backing it up like most do

Oh god.... Not again guys haha.

Can we discuss some new things?

Who do you guys rate better, Smalling or Rojo?

Why what did I say about Schweinsteiger?. I don't remember saying anything about him.

And why isn't my point true? That's my opinion. And I explained my reasoning behind my opinion instead of just stating something and then not backing it up like most do

It isn't true because you asked what youngsters LVG had really given a chance to last season right? Then when someone replied saying about Blackett/McNair/Wilson etc you suddenly said they don't count because they only had a chance in first team because of injuries. What kind of logic is that?

For me atm Smalling but Its hard to judge Rojo just yet. I do rate Rojo though tbh and think he will turn out better than some Utd fans.

Smalling, he was our best CB second half of the season by quite a distance. Still not sure what Rojo's best position even is?

It isn't true because you asked what youngsters LVG had really given a chance to last season right? Then when someone replied saying about Blackett/McNair/Wilson etc you suddenly said they don't count because they only had a chance in first team because of injuries. What kind of logic is that?
Look, I explained my reasoning behind that. We had NOBODY LEFT because of injuries. Who else was he supposed to use? If we had a fully fit defence and he gave them a game then yes fair enough but he didn't. Not one player got a game on merit without being the last option.

You can argue about Wilson all you want but it was on the cards that he was going into the squad anyway regardless. Giggs would have made sure of that.

Really can't be arsed with all this again. I made an opinion and then explained the thinking being that opinion. It's done and dusted so why carry on with your ******* snide comments. If you don't like my comments or opinions then ignore them. Dont reply to my messages and don't use my name in your snide remarks

Even though, Mike is our 3rd captain...I would prefer Rojo as a CB.

Haha (H), How could you say that, thought you and Mike were good pals!

For me atm Smalling but Its hard to judge Rojo just yet. I do rate Rojo though tbh and think he will turn out better than some Utd fans.

Smalling, he was our best CB second half of the season by quite a distance. Still not sure what Rojo's best position even is?

Yeah Smalling did improve as the season went on. I think Rojo will be better this year too. I'd call him a centre back but I think he played about the same amount at left back last season. Lets see when Shaw isn't injured

CB he confirmed this in an interview and said he had been playing LB due to injuries and LVG has told him he signed him to play as a CB.

Look, I explained my reasoning behind that. We had NOBODY LEFT because of injuries. Who else was he supposed to use? If we had a fully fit defence and he gave them a game then yes fair enough but he didn't. Not one player got a game on merit without being the last option.

You can argue about Wilson all you want but it was on the cards that he was going into the squad anyway regardless. Giggs would have made sure of that.

Really can't be arsed with all this again. I made an opinion and then explained the thinking being that opinion. It's done and dusted so why carry on with your ******* snide comments. If you don't like my comments or opinions then ignore them. Dont reply to my messages and don't use my name in your snide remarks

Aaaaannnnnndddd, you've just explained perfectly why you totally contradict the point you make with youth to suit your own argument. On one hand if it's them getting a chance because of injury ir doesn't count. Then the next with Wilson doesn't count either because he was already given a chance under Giggs? Ok then........ great logic.

Please put your handbag away, they were not snide remarks at all, me questioning the logic in your point is more than reasonable.

Last edited:
Aaaaannnnnndddd, you've just explained perfectly why you totally contradict the point you make with youth to suit your own argument. On one hand if it's them getting a chance because of injury ir doesn't count. Then the next with Wilson doesn't count either because he was already given a chance under Giggs? Ok then........ great logic.

Please put your handbag away, they were not snide remarks at all, me questioning the logic in your point is more than reasonable.
If its boring why are you dragging it up again? Do one and move on

So, Sell ADM to PSG, trade DDG for Ramos, Buy Cristiano Ronaldo. Sounds good? Get to it Woodward :@

Busquets: “Pedro? I’ve spoken with him but I’m not going to say what he told me. I understand because he wants to play”

Looks like Pedro will be the next signing.

As much as I don't personally think he's right for the English game, I can't believe Utd are giving up, as seems pretty certain now, on Di Maria after a season and ALL that money.

WTF has gone wrong there between him and the manager?

As much as I don't personally think he's right for the English game, I can't believe Utd are giving up, as seems pretty certain now, on Di Maria after a season and ALL that money.

WTF has gone wrong there between him and the manager?
Nothing is certain. Its the same story being regurgitated by all the Media saying that he is close to signing, which was printed weeks ago but just keep running it. Then the fact that the French Media saying he will sign on Friday the 25th is absolute bollocks as LVG has confirmed he will fly out and meet up and train with the squad that day. Just goes to show how much the French Media are pushing/reaching here. Let alone the obsurd fee being mentioned between 40-45m lol no chance. He might go but not for that price and if he goes for a good fee, we will replace him anyway. We already have Pedro coming in if ADM does leave, then his replacement will be signed.

Back