The Manchester United Thread

£17m?????? For Draxler - One of Germany's brightest upcoming talents. Can play winger or striker.

Pedro £22-£25m - 28 years old by season start.

No brainer for me... we should go all out for Draxler at that price.

£17m?????? For Draxler - One of Germany's brightest upcoming talents. Can play winger or striker.

Pedro £22-£25m - 28 years old by season start.

No brainer for me... we should go all out for Draxler at that price.

A player who fits 4-3-3 like a glove and won everything there is not win vs a player who is just hyped and yet to achieve anything in the game.

28, still have 6-7 years at top level. We have enough potential players like Januzaj, Pereira. We need players who can make instant impact. Pedro's best years were with Pep who is not so different from Van Gaal.

Also 17 Million but none of the big teams are interested? After all Arsenal were ready to offer more than 30 Million for him last year.

Sergio Ramos not joining Manchester United, Rafa Benitez says | Football News | Sky Sports

Make of that what you will.

Knowing what a conniving, manipulative under hand so and so Benitez can be; I personally wouldn't believe a word he says but there you go.

As if manager has any say at Madrid. Perez just makes the decisions and managers have to accept that.

A player who fits 4-3-3 like a glove and won everything there is not win vs a player who is just hyped and yet to achieve anything in the game.

28, still have 6-7 years at top level. We have enough potential players like Januzaj, Pereira. We need players who can make instant impact. Pedro's best years were with Pep who is not so different from Van Gaal.

Also 17 Million but none of the big teams are interested? After all Arsenal were ready to offer more than 30 Million for him last year.

I'd class Juventus as a big team.... one of the biggest.... CL finalists last year. We have too many players who are in the 27-30 bracket in my view not younger, how will we get 6-7 years out of Pedro? I highly doubt he's going to be at his peak still at 32, let alone 35. Realistically at his best probably 3-4 seasons, if we're lucky.

Having two potential player like Pereira and Januzaj isn't exactly that many... when you consider one is a no.10, arguably both are.

Last edited:
Does arsene Wenger come on this page? I think he's been stealing my posts :-)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Does arsene Wenger come on this page? I think he's been stealing my posts :-)

What was the Ozil and Sanchez signings all about then, was he looking towards the youth when he bought them? Speaking out of his French hornet he is.

Maybe. Do they have children? :D

God knows, in this day and age you can't fully use a youth policy and be successful, Barcelona probably have one of the greatest setups but that doesn't stop them buying players who go straight in first team like Rakitic, Suarez etc. in recent years.

Have to buy players and use youth to your advantage when you can in this day and age to be truly successful. There are exceptions in smaller money leagues like Ajax of course... but that's totally different scenario.

I'd class Juventus as a big team.... one of the biggest.... CL finalists last year. We have too many players who are in the 27-30 bracket in my view not younger, how will we get 6-7 years out of Pedro? I highly doubt he's going to be at his peak still at 32, let alone 35. Realistically at his best probably 3-4 seasons, if we're lucky.

Having two potential player like Pereira and Januzaj isn't exactly that many... when you consider one is a no.10, arguably both are.

I know Juventus are big team but when a player is available for cheaper price, it's strange that no other big clubs are in for him especially from PL considering pounds vs euros.

Pedro is 28 and very quick. He won't lose his pace all of a sudden unless he gets big injury. Even if we get 4-5 years then for the price we are paying that's a good deal.

Also it's not 22 Million pounds, it's 18 Million pounds for Pedro.

God knows, in this day and age you can't fully use a youth policy and be successful, Barcelona probably have one of the greatest setups but that doesn't stop them buying players who go straight in first team like Rakitic, Suarez etc. in recent years.

Have to buy players and use youth to your advantage when you can in this day and age to be truly successful. There are exceptions in smaller money leagues like Ajax of course... but that's totally different scenario.
I think he's got a point though about not having the patience to properly use them and give them a fair go. It's what I was trying to say about giving them a proper run of games instead of a run out when a win is already guaranteed.

Even with fergie it seemed the youth players coming through year or on tear was going down. I domt think it was the quality of the youth thats the problem. It was not having the time to give them a go in thia day and age. At one point we was giving players like Phil bardsley and kieran Richardson game time. And proper game time at that. Now it's a run out in a league cup if your lucky almost just to get them in the shop window to move them on. I'm hoping LVG improve on that though especially with Pereira and McNair this season and then eventually the likes of fosu-mensah, tuenzebe and gribbin.

I know Juventus are big team but when a player is available for cheaper price, it's strange that no other big clubs are in for him especially from PL considering pounds vs euros.

Pedro is 28 and very quick. He won't lose his pace all of a sudden unless he gets big injury. Even if we get 4-5 years then for the price we are paying that's a good deal.

Each to their own, not saying Pedro would be bad buy of course good player, but Draxler for 17million could be great deal for us considering he can fulfill different positons, is going to get better and when I seen him in CL last season he looked like a player who can create something out of nothing. Definitely not the worst shout to try and convert him fully to a striker, if you didn't like him as a winger/out wide (LVG could definitely do something like that, similar with Schweinsteiger but converted to CM obviously not striker).

I'd say what may turn away clubs is perhaps his injuries which have slowed his progression down a bit, but in this market seems **** of a good deal/price for a player like him.

I think he's got a point though about not having the patience to properly use them and give them a fair go. It's what I was trying to say about giving them a proper run of games instead of a run out when a win is already guaranteed.

Even with fergie it seemed the youth players coming through year or on tear was going down. I domt think it was the quality of the youth thats the problem. It was not having the time to give them a go in thia day and age. At one point we was giving players like Phil bardsley and kieran Richardson game time. And proper game time at that. Now it's a run out in a league cup if your lucky almost just to get them in the shop window to move them on. I'm hoping LVG improve on that though especially with Pereira and McNair this season and then eventually the likes of fosu-mensah, tuenzebe and gribbin.

Fergie gave chances to Evans, Cleverley, Welbeck and few other young players before he retired. Also few chances to Pogba, Morrison but both left for various reasons.

Also 2 examples you gave, Bardsley played just 18 games and RIchardson around 70 games.

Young players we have:
Januzaj - 56 games
McNair - 18 games and already equaled Bardsley's appearance record (he played for 4-5 years and McNair just 1 year)
Blackett - 12
James Wilson - 18 games.

Like i said before signing pedro is a risk for me. The guy hasnt played first team football for a number of years now. The guy has been an impact sub for some time now.

Each to their own, not saying Pedro would be bad buy of course good player, but Draxler for 17million could be great deal for us considering he can fulfill different positons, is going to get better and when I seen him in CL last season he looked like a player who can create something out of nothing. Definitely not the worst shout to try and convert him fully to a striker, if you didn't like him as a winger/out wide (LVG could definitely do something like that, similar with Schweinsteiger but converted to CM obviously not striker).

I'd say what may turn away clubs is perhaps his injuries which have slowed his progression down a bit, but in this market seems **** of a good deal/price for a player like him.

Not everyone can switch positions and become world class player.

Also from what I remember he is not even pacey player. We have enough players who aren't quick. We need pace on the wings for sure.

Like i said before signing pedro is a risk for me. The guy hasnt played first team football for a number of years now. The guy has been an impact sub for some time now.

Tbh I'm more than happy if we take punt of Madrid and Barca rejects. They will be highly technical player who can play well. Ozil, Sanchez didn't work out bad isn't it. Sanchez was more or less in the same boat as Pedro before making good impact in Barca and was moved out.

Not everyone can switch positions and become world class player.

Also from what I remember he is not even pacey player. We have enough players who aren't quick. We need pace on the wings for sure.

Pedro isn't lightning quick to say the least.

Pedro isn't lightning quick to say the least.

He isn't Walcott, Navas quick but he is very quick and that's how I remember his performance. Very quick and very high work rate. I haven't seen him much last season though, I'm talking about like 2-3 years back.

He isn't Walcott, Navas quick but he is very quick and that's how I remember his performance. Very quick and very high work rate. I haven't seen him much last season though, I'm talking about like 2-3 years back.

He isnt well noted for his pace. I mean he has decent pace nothing to bang home about. when ever i watch him its his excellent finishing and movement that have stood out. But how much is that down to the opponent being tired considering most of his appearances are off the bench. Its easy to look good in a team like barca when the ball is constantly with them.

He isnt well noted for his pace. I mean he has decent pace nothing to bang home about. when ever i watch him its his excellent finishing and movement that have stood out. But how much is that down to the opponent being tired considering most of his appearances are off the bench. Its easy to look good in a team like barca when the ball is constantly with them.

It's not easy to look good in the Barca team and that's one of the reason why players like Sanchez, Fabregas failed to adapt and were sold.

Yeah his movement was always good and his finishing. Also only last season his appearances are from bench, otherwise he was regular starter for them.

Back