The Manchester United Thread

Nothing is certain. Its the same story being regurgitated by all the Media saying that he is close to signing, which was printed weeks ago but just keep running it. Then the fact that the French Media saying he will sign on Friday the 25th is absolute bollocks as LVG has confirmed he will fly out and meet up and train with the squad that day. Just goes to show how much the French Media are pushing/reaching here. Let alone the obsurd fee being mentioned between 40-45m lol no chance. He might go but not for that price and if he goes for a good fee, we will replace him anyway. We already have Pedro coming in if ADM does leave, then his replacement will be signed.

I admire you clinging to the hope he's not going, but regardless, WTF has gone wrong between him and Van Gaal?

As much as I don't personally think he's right for the English game, I can't believe Utd are giving up, as seems pretty certain now, on Di Maria after a season and ALL that money.

WTF has gone wrong there between him and the manager?

Can't believe Liverpool gave up and sold Sterling. He was right for the English and with some good signings he could of regained his form from previous years.

Oh right, the player wanted to leave...

Perhaps that's what happened with ADM? He did get his house burglarized while he was there by armed thieves. I would love to keep ADM and im going to guess so would LVG, but if the player wants to leave and he isn't so important to the team, the best course would be to let him go. Specially when he didn't have a great season and we've been offered a lot for him.

Last edited:
Oh come on Pudzz man. There's a whole World of difference there from all aspects.

This is Andy Carroll-esq regardless of what Paris ultimately pay.

But we're not discussing it until it's official as it's still just 'speculation' which is fair enough.

Last edited:
Oh come on Pudzz man. There's a whole World of difference there from all aspects.

This is Andy Carroll-esq regardless of what Paris ultimately pay.

But we're not discussing it until it's official as it's still just 'speculation' which is fair enough.

World of difference? I guess. Sterling wants to win trophies, while ADM got a big scare and now doesn't feel safe living in England. ADM reason's are better imo.

Also, you brought it up.

He's probably under pressure from his family to move, after the robbery and all. Can't say I'd blame them, either.

Nothing is certain. Its the same story being regurgitated by all the Media saying that he is close to signing, which was printed weeks ago but just keep running it. Then the fact that the French Media saying he will sign on Friday the 25th is absolute bollocks as LVG has confirmed he will fly out and meet up and train with the squad that day. Just goes to show how much the French Media are pushing/reaching here. Let alone the obsurd fee being mentioned between 40-45m lol no chance. He might go but not for that price and if he goes for a good fee, we will replace him anyway. We already have Pedro coming in if ADM does leave, then his replacement will be signed.
To be honest LVG saying he'll be with the squad on the 25th doesn't really mean anything. If your twitter news is anything to go by, doesn't LVG want everything done quickly if ADM is to leave? There's a lot of negotiating between now and Saturday. He could just as easily land and go to PSG for a medical than meet up with us. Especially if LVG is already working towards his replacement

Last edited:
To be honest LVG saying he'll be with the squad on the 25th doesn't really mean anything. If your twitter news is anything to go by, doesn't LVG want everything done quickly if ADM is to leave? There's a lot of negotiating between now and Friday. He could just as easily land and go to PSG for a medical than meet up with us. Especially if LVG is already working towards his replacement
Hes not once said he wants him to leave or, just that he will meet up with the squad. He said he wants the rest of the business done quickly, hence why Woody did not stay longer on tour. We don't even know if there is any negotiating, that's just what French press have come out with. The same 2 papers said that he was signing this weekend gone, now there saying this weekend lol. All the time there close to agreeing a fee which is different every day also lol.

Hes not once said he wants him to leave or, just that he will meet up with the squad. He said he wants the rest of the business done quickly, hence why Woody did not stay longer on tour. We don't even know if there is any negotiating, that's just what French press have come out with. The same 2 papers said that he was signing this weekend gone, now there saying this weekend lol. All the time there close to agreeing a fee which is different every day also lol.
The way our transfers have gone it wouldnt surprise me if there has been a lot of talk already behind the scenes. All our transfers have been he is signing this week and what not, then bam, they have already sneaked in the back door, done a medical and signed. Nothing will surprise me anymore. I'm fully expecting him to land and go to PSG. If he doesn't and he comes and stays then that's a big bonus.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

The way our transfers have gone it wouldnt surprise me if there has been a lot of talk already behind the scenes. All our transfers have been he is signing this week and what not, then bam, they have already sneaked in the back door, done a medical and signed. Nothing will surprise me anymore. I'm fully expecting him to land and go to PSG. If he doesn't and he comes and stays then that's a big bonus.
I don't know if he will stay or go. But I'm certainly not listening to those reports ATM because it's the same story being printed but the price and deadline have changed nearly every day since last Friday.

Needs someone tracking the plane.

Does he fly into Cal or NC? The drama ..... Lol.

Looks like some people have problem with anything ManUtd do *facepalm*

IMO we should sell him if Di Maria wants out. It's not like De Gea situation where we can't get good fee. Also people should stop reporting fee in pounds. Pounds vs Euro strength means whatever fee is reported, it will be less in pounds. But we pay installments to Madrid in Euros, so for outside world it's a loss but for financial guys it's not a big one at all.

Team should be greater than sum of it's parts, to achieve that we need players who can fit to the team. If Di Maria wants out and Van Gaal thinks Di Maria doesn't suit the style of play he wants to achieve then better to sell now and sign proper replacement.

He is fantastic player, shame if this ends in tears.

He's probably under pressure from his family to move, after the robbery and all. Can't say I'd blame them, either.
That's pretty much what everyone thinks. United dont Really want to sell him, and he stated he wants to stay. LVG indicated it was up to the player. So it's smacks of family being unhappy. Which you would be if your house was burgled with your tw young children inside

Morning guys, anybody from Paris here? If yes, make us a favour and pitch your camp at the back entrance(!!) of Parc de Princes. Should you see a slim shady Argentine arriving and behaving fabiandelphish, report us immediately!

well if he does go it just shows how much of a ***** he is and going for the easy life with psg

I read what you posted before I looked at the username and knew who posted it haha.

Such a diplomatic way with words! :P

Would LVG be looking to replace him if he leaves?

I read what you posted before I looked at the username and knew who posted it haha.

Such a diplomatic way with words! :P

Would LVG be looking to replace him if he leaves?
looks like pedro but i hope im wrong and he stays

Back