The Manchester United Thread

It's not easy to look good in the Barca team and that's one of the reason why players like Sanchez, Fabregas failed to adapt and were sold.

Yeah his movement was always good and his finishing. Also only last season his appearances are from bench, otherwise he was regular starter for them.

Sanchez left to finance suarez. Fabregas actually replaced pedro in the team as a false nine but he couldnt adapt. He hasnt been a regular started for atleast 2 seasons now i think.

From what reliable sources have said today there has been no bids made for Pedro... whether that's true or not gawd knows.

Pedro would be a decent signing, not anything special and if Di Maria stays don't think we even need him tbh.

Sanchez left to finance suarez. Fabregas actually replaced pedro in the team as a false nine but he couldnt adapt. He hasnt been a regular started for atleast 2 seasons now i think.

Sanchez was sold and he played almost same number of mins as Pedro. Apart from last season Pedro 28 and 23 league games. That' more than enough.

Fabregas played and didn't shine, like you said couldn't adapt. He just looked out of place which proves "easy to look good in Barca" wrong. It's not easy.

Sanchez was sold and he played almost same number of mins as Pedro. Apart from last season Pedro 28 and 23 league games. That' more than enough.

Fabregas played and didn't shine, like you said couldn't adapt. He just looked out of place which proves "easy to look good in Barca" wrong. It's not easy.

He couldnt adapt to the role they were forcing him into. TBH its would be hard to dislodge iniesta in his prime. Im not saying its easy to play for barca, but when your team hogs the ball for the majority of the game and you come n as a sub against a tired opposition who have been chasing shadows all game trying to deal with messi and co, it does become somewhat easy. It would be a nice stat to see how many of pedro's appearences in the last 2 seasons have been off the bench. Stats can be misleading.

Would hardly say Fabregas failed... He played in around 50 games each season and scored an average of 14 per season for them and got plenty of assists.

His problem seemed to be that he would run out of steam after a bright start in matches.

He was also used in a role he doesn't normally play so I suppose failed 'to adapt' could be said as Sunil mentioned. But he certainly didn't do a bad job there

It's worth thinking about that Pedro has only really missed six games through injury in the last six seasons. That includes almost 100 appearances in two years for Barcelona in all competitions. Draxler, 45 in the last four.

Draxler's injury record isn't that pronounced, but in Pedro you have a versatile, intelligent player with a superb work ethic. At 27 and £18m - or thereabouts - you have a player ready to contribute at a very high level now, rather than one that still needs a bit more polishing and patience.

He couldnt adapt to the role they were forcing him into. TBH its would be hard to dislodge iniesta in his prime. Im not saying its easy to play for barca, but when your team hogs the ball for the majority of the game and you come n as a sub against a tired opposition who have been chasing shadows all game trying to deal with messi and co, it does become somewhat easy. It would be a nice stat to see how many of pedro's appearences in the last 2 seasons have been off the bench. Stats can be misleading.

Fabregas was played in midfield and he just looked so out of place, then they moved him forward and that's where his performances were half decent.

If stats are misleading then why do you want to see the stat of Pedro's appearances?

As per whoscored.
2013-14 : Pedro started 28 games and 9 games subbed on. 4+5 in CL
Sanchez: 27+7 in La Liga and 5+4 in CL

2012-13: Pedro - 23+5 in La Liga and 10 games in CL
Sanchez: 18+11 in La Liga and 5+4 in CL

Last season: 15+20 in La Liga, 4+5 in CL

So when Sanchez was there, Pedro more or less played same games in La Liga but more in CL.

It would be a nice stat to see how many of pedro's appearences in the last 2 seasons have been off the bench. Stats can be misleading.

He's only been on the bench 12 times in the last two seasons. That's 94 appearances in total, in all competitions.

Would hardly say Fabregas failed... He played in around 50 games each season and scored an average of 14 per season for them and got plenty of assists.

His problem seemed to be that he would run out of steam after a bright start in matches.

He was also used in a role he doesn't normally play so I suppose failed 'to adapt' could be said as Sunil mentioned. But he certainly didn't do a bad job there

Fabregas was more a political decision IMO. After all they did to sign him, not playing would have been disaster. He was signed as their midfield boss but he failed in their midfield. After that he was played as attacker like he did for Spain and that's where he was decent.

I was pointing out its not easy to look good playing for Barca. Fabregas looked world class for Arsenal and Chelsea but never for Barca.

He's only been on the bench 12 times in the last two seasons. That's 94 appearances in total, in all competitions.

You mean on bench and not coming on?

Because last season itself he came on as sub in 20 games.

Fabregas was played in midfield and he just looked so out of place, then they moved him forward and that's where his performances were half decent.

He tended to be in Xavi's role when he played in midfield, and he definitely wasn't suited to playing that metronomic role. He looked good when he was playing the more dynamic role, but Iniesta had already made it his own.

No idea if Ramos is coming or not, but let's be absolutely clear: Benitez has zero say on this.

zzezzy, there is absolutely no way you pick draxler over Pedro when you play 4-3-3. In fact when you are looking for a creative goal scoring wide player who also brings with and pace, the conversations ends immediately.

No idea if Ramos is coming or not, but let's be absolutely clear: Benitez has zero say on this.

zzezzy, there is absolutely no way you pick draxler over Pedro when you play 4-3-3. In fact when you are looking for a creative goal scoring wide player who also brings with and pace, the conversations ends immediately.

Tbf, my point was more about converting him to a striker completely, has all the attributes to do well there and has done it in the past. That would be what I'd do with him and it would be very good player for 17million... 21 years old... he's going to get better as well. He's one of Germany's biggest young talents.

Plus there isn't any other strikers who stand out right now other than paying humungous for Muller, but even that won't get him. Honestly think Draxler would be good investment.

He tended to be in Xavi's role when he played in midfield, and he definitely wasn't suited to playing that metronomic role. He looked good when he was playing the more dynamic role, but Iniesta had already made it his own.

I'm sure that's what I said. In midfield he didn't play well and his performance improved once he was moved and played attacking role.

IMO playing for Barca is more than just being technically good.

Tbf, my point was more about converting him to a striker completely, has all the attributes to do well there and has done it in the past. That would be what I'd do with him and it would be very good player for 17million... 21 years old... he's going to get a better as well. He's one of Germany's biggest young talents.
That makes less sense than buying Pedro... I know you have a penchant for young and upcoming players, but buying draxler doesn't make sense.

Tbf, my point was more about converting him to a striker completely, has all the attributes to do well there and has done it in the past. That would be what I'd do with him and it would be very good player for 17million... 21 years old... he's going to get better as well. He's one of Germany's biggest young talents.

Plus there isn't any other strikers who stand out right now other than paying humungous for Muller, but even that won't get him. Honestly think Draxler would be good investment.

I think thats exactly why we have bought Depay. Said from day one he'd get games as a striker then ultimately end up there more and more over the years.

That makes less sense than buying Pedro... I know you have a penchant for young and upcoming players, but buying draxler doesn't make sense.

Why doesn't it make sense? We can continue to develop him into a striker and he has a few years until he'd be no.1 choice so can play backup to Rooney until then. He can do a job outwide but that neither here nor there as that wouldn't be our main purpose to buy him.

There is no striker out there right now who stands out who is immediately available and is going to suit us so Draxler would be a good move. We need a striker, is there a better option than this guy right now? No. Is he the finished article? No. But LVG can develop him well in that position.

Why doesn't it make sense? We can continue to develop him into a striker and he has a few years until he'd be no.1 choice so can play backup to Rooney until then. He can do a job outwide but that neither here nor there as that wouldn't be our main purpose to buy him.

There is no striker out there right now who stands out who is immediately available and is going to suit us so Draxler would be a good move. We need a striker, is there a better option than this guy right now? No. Is he the finished article? No. But LVG can develop him well in that position.
Why do that with him, when you can do that with a player we already have? You spend 17m on a player who isn't ready for any of the roles?

Back