The Manchester United Thread

When Lewandowski socred 4 goals, both Pepe and Ramos played. So not sure what's the point. In all the 4 games against DOrtmund Ramos and Pepe played the game.

Eh.

Yeah, Ramos played that game. As full back. He had literally nothing to do with any of the goals.

Pepe played as left centerback. Every goal from open play was scored on his side of the box. Just watch the replays and see who was the marker.

Second game in the semis, after the 4-1 rape, Mourinho switched things around. Ramos was the marker and Lewa done **** all entire game.

Next year in the quarter-finals Ramos was also the marker. After 30 minutes Lewa started dropping deep all the way to the half-line, and never showed his face in the box again.

Why is Ramos even talked about in the United thread anymore? It's too unrealistic and it won't happen... if he really had a big thing against the club and Perez he would of spoken out. This is all just contract games I'm convinced of it. Plus Benitez said for 100% Ramos is staying, I know he has **** all to say on transfers but last thing he would say is 100% then Ramos leaves, it would give him a terrible name with fans who don't really like him already.

The brilliant thing is, if we had tried to spend this much on Otamendi last season, you'd have all gone into meltdown over how we were spending too much. I wonder how many people have watched Otamendi for more than one season, if you had, you wouldn't even be trying to compare the two. Imagine trying to pretend Otamendi wouldn't want to be well paid too. Ramos wants to be paid well and win. I have zero issue with that. Let's not pretend Otamendi would be anything different

Last edited:
Eh.

Yeah, Ramos played that game. As full back. He had literally nothing to do with any of the goals.

Pepe played as left centerback. Every goal from open play was scored on his side of the box. Just watch the replays and see who was the marker.

Second game in the semis, after the 4-1 rape, Mourinho switched things around. Ramos was the marker and Lewa done **** all entire game.

Next year in the quarter-finals Ramos was also the marker. After 30 minutes Lewa started dropping deep all the way to the half-line, and never showed his face in the box again.

Yeah, he played as full back which I missed.

Only first goal was Pepe's mistake. Also return leg was at Home, much different than playing away.

Also 2 games doesn't prove anything. Even greatest of defenders make mistakes.

Both CBs were liability and Ramos was more than Pepe because of his rashness and red card waiting to happen every game. Not to forget him charging out of defense line like an idiot.

Pepe was also liability but like I said lesser than Ramos. Good thing is PL refs are not so card happy like La Liga refs and that's one added bonus for him.

Why is Ramos even talked about in the United thread anymore? It's too unrealistic and it won't happen... if he really had a big thing against the club and Perez he would of spoken out. This is all just contract games I'm convinced of it. Plus Benitez said for 100% Ramos is staying, I know he has **** all to say on transfers but last thing he would say is 100% then Ramos leaves, it would give him a terrible name with fans who don't really like him already.

Eh? Why would Ramos insult his club and fans for something he has against their president? This is not just a regular contract extension thing that was used by players.

The brilliant thing is, if we had tried to spend this much on Otamendi last season, you'd have all gone into meltdown over how we were spending too much. I wonder how many people have watched Otamendi for more than one season, if you had, you wouldn't even be trying to compare the two. Imagine trying to pretend Otamendi wouldn't want to be well paid too. Ramos wants to be laid well and win. I have zero issue with that. Let's not pretend Otamendi would be anything different

Apart from zz, I don't think anyone said Otamendi is better than Ramos. AFAIK, many hold the opinion that Ramos might look United as a step down and he has absolutely nothing to prove after winning everything there is to win which is exactly opposite of Otamendi who has very good season making La Liga team of the week more often than not and very hungry to prove at highest level.

I would be happy with anyone as long as we sign at least one.

Only first goal was Pepe's mistake. Also return leg was at Home, much different than playing away.

Both CBs were liability and Ramos was more than Pepe because of his rashness and red card waiting to happen every game. Not to forget him charging out of defense line like an idiot.

Pepe was also liability but like I said lesser than Ramos. Good thing is PL refs are not so card happy like La Liga refs and that's one added bonus for him.

Tbf to you I can see your point of view I think I would be right in saying that Ramos holds the most cards record in la liga, but I still think Pepe is a bigger liability, and I am not just talking with cards I also mean his head goes in defensive situations. But alas this is really a pointless discussion I think with both it is a matter of taste, you prefer one I the other. No point splitting hairs.

Tbf to you I can see your point of view I think I would be right in saying that Ramos holds the most cards record in la liga, but I still think Pepe is a bigger liability, and I am not just talking with cards I also mean his head goes in defensive situations. But alas this is really a pointless discussion I think with both it is a matter of taste, you prefer one I the other. No point splitting hairs.

Yeah, I agree with this. I have seen some very good defensive displays from Pepe which just swings my decision towards him. Shame about his mad head, otherwise would have been excellent CB.

The brilliant thing is, if we had tried to spend this much on Otamendi last season, you'd have all gone into meltdown over how we were spending too much. I wonder how many people have watched Otamendi for more than one season, if you had, you wouldn't even be trying to compare the two. Imagine trying to pretend Otamendi wouldn't want to be well paid too. Ramos wants to be paid well and win. I have zero issue with that. Let's not pretend Otamendi would be anything different

How is it not different? Pretty sure there would be a huge difference between a wage of Ramos in comparison to Otamendi.

I agree with Sunil tbh, I do rate Otamendi highly and I think he can be the real deal for us. He's not had his big chance and I think he is hungry for it. Going off last season he was better but I wouldn't say he has been a better defender over the last decade because I would be lying. Otamendi has been in the shadows a bit up till now (well before last season) mainly because he has played in smaller leagues, albeit Porto isn't a small club.

More than anything I'd like us to sign a CB as I think we need it, my preference is just for Otamendi. Him and Rojo would form a great partnership, convinced he'd do well with Smalling too.

Ramos s not charging like an idiot, he's charging to start a counter. Which is quite fine since he can pass better than most mid-table PL midfielders. He averaged as much key passes as Carrick last year.

He also has as about much career goals as John Terry, who is the best goalscoring defender in PL history.

Except Ramos has 200 less apps.

Ramos easily adds 10 goals to the team a season, on top of his defensive qualities. Guy's a full package. Yeah, he has his flaws, and fouls far too often, but hes' a great ******* player, and Otamendi as of right now doesn't have **** on him.

vR3D6qe0_normal.jpeg
Tom Coast @thcoast Radio MARCA journalist says Florentino Pérez wants Ramos out of #RMCF: http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/p-rez-finally-agrees-to-ramos-man-united-move …

vR3D6qe0_normal.jpeg
Tom Coast @thcoast The claim by the journalist is one of the first of its kind, and it’s a pretty big one. Very bold, especially for Radio MARCA

Interesting Sergio RamON :)

Should we read anything into this or is it just a case of giving a United player something because it was the "Manchester United" Premier Cup? After reading the article, it appears we was pretty ****, and although its an individual award, surely there must have been a better more deserving player in the entire tournament?

Should we read anything into this or is it just a case of giving a United player something because it was the "Manchester United" Premier Cup? After reading the article, it appears we was pretty ****, and although its an individual award, surely there must have been a better more deserving player in the entire tournament?
From what I have spoke to people about it, they say he was the stand out player by a mile.

Ramos s not charging like an idiot, he's charging to start a counter. Which is quite fine since he can pass better than most mid-table PL midfielders. He averaged as much key passes as Carrick last year.

He also has as about much career goals as John Terry, who is the best goalscoring defender in PL history.

Ramos easily adds 10 goals to the team a season, on top of his defensive qualities. Guy's a full package. Yeah, he has his flaws, and fouls far too often, but hes' a great ******* player, and Otamendi as of right now doesn't have **** on him.

How many times, Otamendi was better than him last season, best CB in La Liga. He was a huge part of Valencia achieving CL place. I don't see how this equates as 'he doesn't have **** on Ramos'?

Key passes? Weird to use that for a CB as it's not his primary duty. Added bonus? Yes but give me CB who knows how to lead the defense.

Then, Ramos - 0.24 Key passes, Smalling - 0.24 key passes, Jones - 0.24 key passes, Rojo - 0.51 key passes. So nothing special than your average PL CB.

Last season, goal scored - Ramos - 4, Smalling - 4 playing 370 lesser mins.

Yeah, he can easily add 10 goals in a season when the highest he ever scored in a season was 7.

He is excellent player but not as good CB. Like I said, he charges out of the line way too often to leave gaps and that's not when counter attacking.

Anyways it's sort of weird to argue on attacking qualities of a CB.

Edit: Not sure why you brought Otamendi when I was talking about Pepe and Ramos.

Back