The Manchester United Thread

It means nothing when the other player you are comparing to has been in inferior teams and doesn't have the possibility of winning them, it doesn't really mean anything as regards to comparing player to player now.

Course it does. You don't get in those teams without being ****** good!

Ramos has been in the Madrid team since he was a teenager. He never played less than 40 games a season for arguably the biggest club side in the world. 130 Spain caps before he is 30, mental amount. You just can't ignore those merits

Yes, I like Otamendi and think he is really good, but that is only based off what I saw of him last year.

He is going to have more pressure on him defensively from opponents at Valencia yeah(he did very well there), but there is a whole different kind and level of pressure playing for Madrid too.

"We can only go off the present and what we have seen recently, honestly Otamendi was better last season in the same league playing in an inferior team."

Did Ramos have a really bad season or something? I don't believe he did....

If Otamendi had last years performances for a few more years of his career, he would have been at a much bigger club than Valencia already.

Last edited:
zzeezzy, you were just arguing yesterday that we need to sign a high quality CB in order to win the premier league. Ramos is a high quality CB, probably the highest quality, so why the **** are you complaining?

I swear to God, that a year or two years ago when Otamendi rumours where going around, Zzezzy was whining that he's not a proven player and you need to sing Hummels.

0QpiKCi.gif

He meant when other teams sign the players, they get good, then a team (e.g united) then have to spend more Puddz.

He want's to get them before they get that good

Puddz, you're misinterpreting that post.... I'm basically saying we should buy players when they are good and pay the smaller fee whilst they are at smaller club. Then we can still develop them into world class but don't end up paying the massive fee for them if they had transferred to big club and we decided to try and buy them then.

Not saying at all we should sell players if we have bought them at lower fees and they become world class players, if it comes across that way you're misinterpreting.

I swear to God, that a year or two years ago when Otamendi rumours where going around, Zzezzy was whining that he's not a proven player and you need to sing Hummels.

0QpiKCi.gif

Just spent about 2 mins watching that gif and trying not to laugh at work. It's perfect!

0QpiKCi.gif

At the time that was true (If I said it cos I can't remember that far back), Otamendi is more proven now than he was back then. Honestly this is getting way out of context because I'm basically just saying I'd like him more over Ramos at this point in their careers for all previous reasons I've mentioned. Not trying to cause a storm because I'd take either when push comes to shove, which I've said all along.

You would have deffo said it Zzeezzyy haha. To be fair you have chilled a lot over the last year :P

Kinda miss your rants actually...

Either of the two I can't see United going wrong. Don't think I could have Ramos in a dream team though, cards for fun!

All we need is a good CB, doesn't matter if it is Otamendi or Ramos. Both have pros and cons.

You would have deffo said it Zzeezzyy haha. To be fair you have chilled a lot over the last year :P

Kinda miss your rants actually...

Either of the two I can't see United going wrong. Don't think I could have Ramos in a dream team though, cards for fun!

I did go O.T.T over Moyes era looking back at it, but some people would of needed him to openly worship Liverpool before they wanted him out, that's partly what made me annoyed. I can get supporting him but I never thought he was right from the start, could see it being a disaster just like the Wilf McGuinness days after Busby.

Puddz, you're misinterpreting that post.... I'm basically saying we should buy players when they are good and pay the smaller fee whilst they are at smaller club. Then we can still develop them into world class but don't end up paying the massive fee for them if they had transferred to big club and we decided to try and buy them then.

Not saying at all we should sell players if we have bought them at lower fees and they become world class players, if it comes across that way you're misinterpreting.

We lost out far too many times over the years because we wouldnt pay that one or two million more that the selling club was after, only to want to buy them again 3 years down the line for 5 times the price. Di Maria and Ronaldinho are the two that most spring to mind but im sure there are a lot of others.

I really want the black and orange shirt. Will look even better if the letters/numbers are orange aswell

We lost out far too many times over the years because we wouldnt pay that one or two million more that the selling club was after, only to want to buy them again 3 years down the line for 5 times the price. Di Maria and Ronaldinho are the two that most spring to mind but im sure there are a lot of others.

Exactly, that's pretty much what the basis to my point stemmed from.

Nice looking home kit |)

Ii4lBziL_normal.jpeg
Real Madrid Info @RMadridInfo Sergio Ramos when asked about his future: "I will talk soon" [Cuatro]

There is always one Saga for us every Summer. This is defo this years lol.

zzeezzy, you were just arguing yesterday that we need to sign a high quality CB in order to win the premier league. Ramos is a high quality CB, probably the highest quality, so why the **** are you complaining?

Also you were saying how every team has a high quality CB to help them win trophies and now you suddenly don't care because he had a quality team around him. please make up your mind.

This is in a nutshell. He is never happy. Never

Back