The Manchester United Thread

This is in a nutshell. He is never happy. Never

In all seriousness I was just merely saying I don't take previous trophy collections as a reason to rate a player better than another. I go on the here and now, who I think will be better signing and for me I'd prefer Otamendi for all the reasons I've mentioned before. I've not once said that I wouldn't want Ramos, I'd happily take either as we need a high quality CB regardless but part of my lean towards Otamendi is because I think we'll get more out of him. When you consider everything such as wages and transfer fee, IMO Ramos is too hefty especially for age/wanting out supposedly. Obviously the club don't as they try to pursue him, I shouldn't be bothered about this kind of stuff I know but I am.

Last edited:
Find me another World class defender on Ramos' level and ability and consistency for less

Heres some quotes from LVG and Rooneys Presser just gone.

Rooney says he isn't setting himself any targets.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Wayne Rooney tells reporters he is ready to take the mantle of main striker for #mufc: "It's a position I think I can score goals from."

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Rooney: "The players we've brought in are experienced and successful. I can help them learn about this club and what's expected." #mufc

Van Gaal still expecting ADM, Rojo and Hernandez to arrive tomorrow

Schweinsteiger has a knock and won't play.

The team that starts and plays 60 minutes against Barcelona is likely to be near the team that plays v Spurs.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Louis van Gaal on Di Maria, Rojo and Chicharito: "I expect them [to arrive] tomorrow. We have communicated and they have responded well." #mufc

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd The manager adds that David De Gea to be fit to face Barcelona. #mufc

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Angel Di Maria, however, will not be involved, with van Gaal stating: "He needs to build up his fitness." #mufc

Same for Hernandez and Rojo.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United

@ManUtd
The boss says Schweinsteiger will miss the game with "a little injury" & admits his starting XI could be the one that faces Spurs on 8 Aug.

Find me another World class defender on Ramos' level and ability and consistency for less

Reality is the only person who comes close is Hummels and he showed loyalty to Dortmund. I know that these types of players are at a premium but doesn't make it right in my opinion.

LVG says he wants to answer questions about players but it's not good for the club/players/me. Process etc. Big grin :)
Ramos and Pedro are in a process

FyRDxqW8_normal.jpeg
Chris Winterburn @Chriswin4 Van Gaal on De Gea starting season, "I think it is still possible."

ZdDjWVJX_normal.jpg
MUFC Peoples Person @PeoplesPerson_ Van Gaal: "Our aim this season is not to win the Champions League but to be close."

Valencia fit to play Barca

Reality is the only person who comes close is Hummels and he showed loyalty to Dortmund. I know that these types of players are at a premium but doesn't make it right in my opinion.

You are now contradicting yourself mate!

You are now contradicting yourself mate!

I haven't contradicted myself with anything, I don't see why we pay big fee and big wages for a 29 year old high quality CB admittedly when we can get another one in Otamendi. Everything he done last season was of the highest level.

Just because he hasn't played at as big clubs in as big leagues doesn't make him not have anything on Ramos. Him and Rojo would be a great partnership.

So blind at cb again? Wtf

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Don't take that as gospel. Maybe that's what he sees for Blind and just testing the water on Tour so we have options during the season. Don't really take notice of what goes on Tour matches. Hopefully get a rough idea of formation tomorrow.

On the side note.

After 20 years of playing FM (and CM before it), I just learned why two striker systems never, ever worked for me: you absolutely need to check their dominating foot and position so they can always aim at the far post. Otherwise they never score.

I'm a complete idiot.

Back