The Manchester United Thread

I don't care if your name is Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta or John Terry. If you have no one protecting the defense, combined with poor tactics and communication, anyone can look ****.

Cant wait for the game tonight. Wonder if LVG will stick with this 4231 or a proper 433.

The 4-2-3-1 is something he loved at Bayern. so we can play a mix of the 2, which gives us versatility

What we play is 4-3-3, that's what Van Gaal meant when he said he prefers 4-3-3. Attacking mid is considered as midfielder to complete trio.

We usually call it as 4-2-3-1 but Van Gaal calls it as 1-4-3-3

If we do play 4-2-3-1, I think it will be a case of Carrick or Schweinsteiger with Schieiderlin or Herrera, with the young players doing the hard running and aggressive play. You can even see BS or Herrera at 10 for a high press.

BS is out of this game obviously, but this is in future

What we play is 4-3-3, that's what Van Gaal meant when he said he prefers 4-3-3. Attacking mid is considered as midfielder to complete trio.

We usually call it as 4-2-3-1 but Van Gaal calls it as 1-4-3-3

Classic Van Gaalish

Rooney playing as striker means I already know who'll captain my fanasy team, that's for sure.

The 4-2-3-1 is something he loved at Bayern. so we can play a mix of the 2, which gives us versatility
Yeah agree tbh. Think 4231 would be better against teams that just come to park the bus, giving more players in attacking areas and not so much need to play anyone just infront of the back 4. I liked it when we played 433 in that run we went on beating the big teams, as it gave us more control and with them being more open we could utilise that possession to help create chances while being solid. Maybe what LVG has in mind.

Rooney playing as striker means I already know who'll captain my fanasy team, that's for sure.

He's already in mine. Along with Depay and Darmian. Aguero is my captain though. Depending or not if Depay is going to be starting come the start of the season, I might swap for Ramsey or Cazorla. All 3 are £8.5m. Im assuming this is the Premier League Fantasy Football? How about setting up a league for all of us if anyone fancies it?

He's already in mine. Along with Depay and Darmian. Aguero is my captain though. Depending or not if Depay is going to be starting come the start of the season, I might swap for Ramsey or Cazorla. All 3 are £8.5m. Im assuming this is the Premier League Fantasy Football? How about setting up a league for all of us if anyone fancies it?
Epic Terrorist is going to set one up soon mate. :)

Edit: I've just realised my girlfriend is the best ever.
We had a table booked for dinner tonight and when she realised the United game was on at a reasonable hour, she said we should cancel the table, get some drinks in, I download 'The 2nd best marigold hotel' for her and I can enjoy the match!!

Quality :wub:

My gf was also consistently like this when it came to Utd matches. But then I married her and everything changed!

My gf was also consistently like this when it came to Utd matches. But then I married her and everything changed!
My has always been the same. She knows its Football first be it playing or watching. Everything else gets planned around that :)

My has always been the same. She knows its Football first be it playing or watching. Everything else gets planned around that :)

Mine just calls be a sad ******* for getting up at half 3 in the morning to watch a friendly. But then again she's a dirty blue :'(

pakMbBVZ_normal.jpeg
Mark Ogden
@MOgdenTelegraph Javier Hernandez has arrived in San Jose. Di Maria and Rojo not due in before the game...#mufc

I hope all these wives/ partners are good at consoling you guys for when the big letdown comes this season after reading peoples expectations in here of late .....

About what I have, I'm wondering about Mata though. Looks like he's gonna be playing CAM, and he can pull great numbers from there. And he's cheap too.

Back