The Manchester United Thread

No you need players that turn up. There is no point in a name that doesn't deliver. Di Maria when he delivers is brilliant, when he doesnt he gets outperformed by Ashley Young

He doesn't want the season, what about that haven't you got? It's not United pushing him out the door

I think Pedro is capable of 3 goals and 10 assists...

Hang on a minute, aren't you obsessed with players who have it to prove, hence Otamendi over Ramos?

Idk whether you always miss the point of my posts or always genuinely take them out of context.

Can't we at least both agree that losing a world class player a year after buying him is very bad news regardless. Does this mean that always now when we buy highly expensive players and they are slightly unhappy we lose them? He's under a contract and would act professional... one would expect... tell him we'll give it another season then assess. Want to at least see if he can get to his very best with us.

Pedro is not on Di Maria level.... you can get the stats out all you like to be honest, that is him in a bad season anyway by his standards. Still best in our team last season assist wise so what does that say?

The runs Depay is making, Mata needs to be closer because he would see those all day long.

*Jones* "Oh... there's a ball coming at me? CHAAAARRGGE!!!!".... .... "****!! Why's the ball behind me?".

Idk whether you always miss the point of my posts or always genuinely take them out of context.

Can't we at least both agree that losing a world class player a year after buying him is very bad news regardless. Does this mean that always now when we buy highly expensive players and they are slightly unhappy we lose them? He's under a contract and would act professional... one would expect... tell him we'll give it another season then assess. Want to at least see if he can get to his very best with us.

Pedro is not on Di Maria level.... you can get the stats out all you like to be honest, that is him in a bad season anyway by his standards.

No, not if said player isn't turning it on, and crucially doesn't look like coming round. Because I dont care about the name, I care about the output. I couldnt give two figs when Young replaced him because he deserved to be benched. I'm a huge fan of di Maria, but if he isnt turning it on, then someone else needs to. He isnt playing at his best, has issues with home and hasn't given any indication he wants anymore. Hence the change in United's stance. You dont think United have asked these questions?

Pedro isnt on his level, but Pedro can deliver goals directly in a way Di Maria never has. If Di Maria isnt going to deliver is best with us, then it doesn't matter.

The runs Depay is making, Mata needs to be closer because he would see those all day long.

His movement is excellent, looks like he could manage as a striker just fine, at least as an emergency backup.

His movement is excellent, looks like he could manage as a striker just fine, at least as an emergency backup.

I wouldnt want to do that just yet, as he has to learn to make different runs, but his appreciation for the current space he has is excellent.

Ashley Young is currently doing what Di Maria should be doing, Young is tormenting Barca.

Something very wrong with that....

So far, Memphis looks pretty good, but thats what I expected against team that will attack United. Wonder how he'll do against teams when playing from the wing with much less space.

Ashley Young is currently doing what Di Maria should be doing, Young is tormenting Barca.

Something very wrong with that....

Young > Messi. Clearly we've just been blind to see.

So far, Memphis looks pretty good, but thats what I expected against team that will attack United. Wonder how he'll do against teams when playing from the wing with much less space.

That's when players like Schweinsteiger, Mata and Herrera come into play.

He's already in mine. Along with Depay and Darmian. Aguero is my captain though. Depending or not if Depay is going to be starting come the start of the season, I might swap for Ramsey or Cazorla. All 3 are £8.5m. Im assuming this is the Premier League Fantasy Football? How about setting up a league for all of us if anyone fancies it?

Epic Terrorist is going to set one up soon mate. :)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/engl...manager-base-epl-fantasy-football-league.html

Set it up few days back just been a bit lazy with promotion of it all welcome more the merrier. Will step up pushing the league in next few days or so

That's when players like Schweinsteiger, Mata and Herrera come into play.

They should always come into play, however, against 11 players behind the ball, you need either really good movement off the ball followed with great pass or dribble past one-two players to create some space for other players. Other than Depay, United don't have that type of player who on paper, can do that regularly. Yea, Di Maria and Januzaj come into place, but question is will Di Maria be here next season and will Januzaj take his chances. Having great passers is handy to have, but you need to have some diversity.

They should always come into play, however, against 11 players behind the ball, you need either really good movement off the ball followed with great pass or dribble past one-two players to create some space for other players. Other than Depay, United don't have that type of player who on paper, can do that regularly. Yea, Di Maria and Januzaj come into place, but question is will Di Maria be here next season and will Januzaj take his chances. Having great passers is handy to have, but you need to have some diversity.

Mata can defintely do that, also the key at that point is to create width, that allows for the through ball. Depay does that well, stetches the field. Here is where I really like a player like Pedro, show him wide, he crosses well, show him inside and he shoots or plays the inside pass, and is excellent with one two play.

No, not if said player isn't turning it on, and crucially doesn't look like coming round. Because I dont care about the name, I care about the output. I couldnt give two figs when Young replaced him because he deserved to be benched. I'm a huge fan of di Maria, but if he isnt turning it on, then someone else needs to. He isnt playing at his best, has issues with home and hasn't given any indication he wants anymore. Hence the change in United's stance. You dont think United have asked these questions?

Pedro isnt on his level, but Pedro can deliver goals directly in a way Di Maria never has. If Di Maria isnt going to deliver is best with us, then it doesn't matter.

Di Maria creates moments that other players wouldn't be capable of, he's a world class player and had a bad season by his standards but still gave plenty to the team in key moments that was vital in gaining us points. Highest assists in our team being 10, Young only got 5 despite starting 3 more games. What does that say? Young is good on his day don't get me wrong but even at his best he doesn't have the quality to rival Di Maria. Pedro only managed 6 assists and started 16 games and came off the bench 23 times.

Honestly no matter how you look at it Di Maria will be a loss, at his worst he still offers something to the team or can be capable of doing so. Last season he was close to his worst but will only be better this season, he hasn't said anything of the sort in media about wanting out said he wants to fight for his place. Even if he does like I've said repeatedly, you don't just let a world class player leave easily? Look at Real Madrid and Ramos.

I'd happy replace this Di Maria with Pedro right now.

Real Madrid dont want to lose Ramos for entirely different reasons. Perez is afraid of looking weak. **** if it was as simple as keeping him they could have sorted it a year ago.

If Di Maria was willing to turn things around, then keep him, no brainer. But his standpoint has changed in the last two weeks. Season is approaching, if we can offfset that, get on with it and get going.

Last edited:
Back