The Manchester United Thread

-j8H-E87_normal.jpeg
FC Barcelona
@FCBarcelona Starting XI: 1. Ter Stegen 3. Piqué 5. Sergio 7. Pedro 8. Iniesta 9. Suárez 12. Rafinha 18. Alba 20. S.Roberto 21. Adriano 23. Vermaelen

My gf was also consistently like this when it came to Utd matches. But then I married her and everything changed!

Been together 14 years, lived together for 10... So it's just like marriage.

About what I have, I'm wondering about Mata though. Looks like he's gonna be playing CAM, and he can pull great numbers from there. And he's cheap too.

Yeh I think he's £8m or £8.5m. If he can find his Chelsea form its a bargain

t6g-JRiR_normal.jpeg
Shamoon Hafez @ShamoonHafez LvG: "This is not the line-up we will play, or can play against Tottenham. That is the most important game, not this friendly." #MUFC

Absolutely gutted and silly decision to sell Di Maria after one season if this is true by the looks of it.....

Absolutely gutted and silly decision to sell Di Maria after one season if this is true by the looks of it.....

Why? He's clearly not got his heart in sticking around for whatever reason, and his performances have not struck you as being able to get on with it (unlike De Gea).

Why? He's clearly not got his heart in sticking around for whatever reason, and his performances have not struck you as being able to get on with it (unlike De Gea).

His first season he's never settled quickly at clubs, I'd understand if he had been ***** all season like Falcao but he hasn't. First few months he was stellar and he has chipped in with one of top assists in league despite his drop off after.

We paid virtually £60m to only have the balls to keep him for one season.... it's just stupid man. Why am I gutted? Because he's a world-class player who can produce moments of magic at any moment to setup chances or score, there isn't many of them in world football, our team looks a lot less threatening without him.

Then also consider he was never really settled last season, with positional changes and LVG experimenting with setups.

His first season he's never settled quickly at clubs, I'd understand if he had been ***** all season like Falcao but he hasn't. First few months he was stellar and he has chipped in with one of top assists in league despite his drop off after.

We paid virtually £60m to only have the balls to keep him for one season.... it's just stupid man. Why am I gutted? Because he's a world-class player who can produce moments of magic at any moment to setup chances or score, there isn't many of them in world football, our team looks a lot less threatening without him.

What exactly do you want to do? Handcuff him and hope he decides to dig in? Only works if the player has that mentality. One of our world class players does, and its not the argie.

So you want a world class player who isnt actually going to pitch up in Di Maria, but not one who would in Ramos. Right....

You're still not getting it. You're saying its silly, but you have no solution to the problem. How do you solve the issue?

You're still not getting it. You're saying its silly, but you have no solution to the problem. How do you solve the issue?

So I'm meant to be happy about losing Di Maria because supposedly we're selling him because he 'won't dig in'.... he's a professional and he probably has low confidence from last season. He knows he was capable of better. Give him at least one more season and take it from there. He shouldn't of been transferable after one season regardless.

We need world-class players like Di Maria to challenge and what do we have now? Ashley Young and a 21 year old who has it all to prove. Pedro won't replace Di Maria, even if he comes in it's a big step down.

What exactly do you want to do? Handcuff him and hope he decides to dig in? Only works if the player has that mentality. One of our world class players does, and its not the argie.

So you want a world class player who isnt actually going to pitch up in Di Maria, but not one who would in Ramos. Right....

Why do you keep saying I don't want Ramos.... Mike, I've repeated this endlessly, I've never said I wouldn't have him.

So I'm meant to be happy about losing Di Maria because supposedly we're selling him because he 'won't dig in'.... he's a professional and he probably has low confidence from last season. He knows he was capable of better. Give him at least one more season and take it from there. He shouldn't of been transferable after one season regardless.

We need world-class players like Di Maria to challenge and what do we have now? Ashley Young and a 21 year old who has it all to prove. Pedro won't replace Di Maria, even if he comes in it's a big step down.

No you need players that turn up. There is no point in a name that doesn't deliver. Di Maria when he delivers is brilliant, when he doesnt he gets outperformed by Ashley Young

He doesn't want the season, what about that haven't you got? It's not United pushing him out the door

I think Pedro is capable of 3 goals and 10 assists...

Hang on a minute, aren't you obsessed with players who have it to prove, hence Otamendi over Ramos?

As for Depay it dont think its about having something to prove, he is an outright wide threat already, a genuinely dangerous one, who hasnt hit his cieling, on the right hand side you have Juan Mata, have people forgotten about him in all this?

This game begs for Chicharito with how high Barca are playing.

Back