The Manchester United Thread

Also Peiriera has been playing wide too. He's not a strict 10

I dont see the obsession for like for like. Find a player who takes the system to another level. If your system is a mix of 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 I would get Pedro and try for Reus or ideally Muller. What will come, we shall see.

Any of those 3 and I'd wet my pants lol.

Now you have a back line protector in Schneiderlin I see this as a very strong team. Throw in the fact you will now have a strong interchangeable line up from the front and it looks great. A huge amount of options and some decent young players to bring in.

Reus, Pedro or my favorite - Muller (which I can't see happening though) would be awesome.

Is Pedro left or right footed?

Any of those 3 and I'd wet my pants lol.

Now you have a back line protector in Schneiderlin I see this as a very strong team. Throw in the fact you will now have a strong interchangeable line up from the front and it looks great. A huge amount of options and some decent young players to bring in.

Reus, Pedro or my favorite - Muller (which I can't see happening though) would be awesome.

Is Pedro left or right footed?

Pedro is two footed, properly two footed. That's what makes him so dangerous. Show him wide he crosses, show him inside, he shoots or plays in.

Muler is the best by a mile, though no way bayern sell him after BS. Reus more realistic, but Madrid would surely move. I would target him because him going to Real allows a move for Benzema to Arsenal

Pedro is two footed, properly two footed. That's what makes him so dangerous. Show him wide he crosses, show him inside, he shoots or plays in.

Muler is the best by a mile, though no way bayern sell him after BS. Reus more realistic, but Madrid would surely move. I would target him because him going to Real allows a move for Benzema to Arsenal

Yeah I thought he was as every time I've watched him he seems to be on either the left or the right, couldn't pick out much difference in how he plays on either side.

Nah Muller wont leave, though he would be ideal. Reus would be my second favorite and like you say blocking Benzema going to Arsenal would help! Specially as it sounds like Benitez wants Ronaldo up top.

All this talk of a 'big name', I don't feel like that is Pedro. To me a big name in United terms would be someone from the very top, Pedro is a level or two down.

Yeah I thought he was as every time I've watched him he seems to be on either the left or the right, couldn't pick out much difference in how he plays on either side.

Nah Muller wont leave, though he would be ideal. Reus would be my second favorite and like you say blocking Benzema going to Arsenal would help! Specially as it sounds like Benitez wants Ronaldo up top.

All this talk of a 'big name', I don't feel like that is Pedro. To me a big name in United terms would be someone from the very top, Pedro is a level or two down.

Pedro strikes me as some who might arrive regardless. I doubt LVG is referring to him as a special talent. Cpuld be wrong here, but sounds like Pedro and one other if they can make it happen. and a CB

Pedro strikes me as some who might arrive regardless. I doubt LVG is referring to him as a special talent. Cpuld be wrong here, but sounds like Pedro and one other if they can make it happen. and a CB

Who would you like as the big name / marquee signing?

Whatever happens from now, United have had a great window. Shame if Di Maria goes but Pedro would be nice to come in

Who would you like as the big name / marquee signing?

Whatever happens from now, United have had a great window. Shame if Di Maria goes but Pedro would be nice to come in

Muller, a system player who finds a goal from anywhere.

Holy mother of **** guys, can you imagine this lineup (referring to Mike's Muller bet):

DE GEA

DARMIAN JONES SMALLING SHAW

SCHNEIDERLIN SCHWEINSTEIGER

MATA MÜLLER MEMPHIS

ROONEY

651b7e2b0d38eb43feeb06c378fcf6cd_normal.png
Doron Salomon @DoronSalomon United confirm that Gribbin, Williams and Dearnley have now signed scholarship terms - weren't included in original announcement

What if, and i'm just spitballing here.... what if Woody used the De Gea Ramos saga knowing all along that it would never work as a smoescreen so he can go behind Real's back and sign this superstar and make sure Real were focusing their attention on that rather than the superstar(Reus hopefully)? Just a thought :p

What if, and i'm just spitballing here.... what if Woody used the De Gea Ramos saga knowing all along that it would never work as a smoescreen so he can go behind Real's back and sign this superstar and make sure Real were focusing their attention on that rather than the superstar(Reus hopefully)? Just a thought :p
tbh i think if we were in for reus im sure some 1 at real would find out

Reus would be a dream signing and one that ought to earn ED a statue or maybe save that till he brings Ronaldo or Bale in :P

As bad as he was with Moyes, Woodward's last 12 months have been amazing. Not his fault that Di Maria hasn't worked out, but in terms of the actual players he has pulled in, he has done incredibly well.

Di Maria was wank more often then he was not. You can put up a youtube highlight that would make anybody look like Maradona, but these highlights don't include tremendous amount of terrible passes and dribbles.

Even his numbers are misleading, I watched the highlights posted here by someone and 2 or 3 assists were actualy completely misplaced shots. Similarly his first goal was a failed attempt at crossing. So yeah.

Di Maria was wank more often then he was not. You can put up a youtube highlight that would make anybody look like Maradona, but these highlights don't include tremendous amount of terrible passes and dribbles.

Even his numbers are misleading, I watched the highlights posted here by someone and 2 or 3 assists were actualy completely misplaced shots. Similarly his first goal was a failed attempt at crossing. So yeah.

You say that but were they dummies? To do it once you could argue but when he's done it again and players on the end of it constantly I don't think it is.

Back