The Manchester United Thread

You don't hammer the ball with all the power you have if you're trying to pass.

If you're thinking about the two assists I am they are too similar for me to think they are not meant to happen, probably something he does in training to distract defenders as a fake shot then one of our forwards makes a run beyond them... boom.. goal. Or it could of just been something that was a total fluke both times, pretty sure people never looked at it that way at the time and credited Di Maria for the invention.

Even without them assists he would still be one of our highest assist makes if not the highest, I can't be bothered to check but it's not worth going into again. At the end of the day even LVG and G.Nev has said we'll lack without a player like him of equal quality.

If you're thinking about the two assists I am they are too similar for me to think they are not meant to happen, probably something he does in training to distract defenders as a fake shot then one of our forwards makes a run beyond them... boom.. goal. Or it could of just been something that was a total fluke both times, pretty sure people never looked at it that way at the time and credited Di Maria for the invention.

Even without them assists he would still be one of our highest assist makes if not the highest, I can't be bothered to check but it's not worth going into again. At the end of the day even LVG and G.Nev has said we'll lack without a player like him of equal quality.

Twisting what they said slightly. LVG was talking about the CL, and G Nev said we had to be careful. Neither were talking about the Di Maria that turned up for 2/3rd of the season.

Twisting what they said slightly. LVG was talking about the CL, and G Nev said we had to be careful. Neither were talking about the Di Maria that turned up for 2/3rd of the season.

Not really... Gary Neville said we had to be careful yes but he also said we had to replace him of someone who is equal quality before selling. LVG didn't specifically mention Di Maria but says our team lacks speed and creativity whilst on a similar subject in the interview. Then goes on to talk about needing this 'galatico' signing all of a sudden and wanting Di Maria to stay.

Not really... Gary Neville said we had to be careful yes but he also said we had to replace him of someone who is equal quality before selling. LVG didn't specifically mention Di Maria but says our team lacks speed and creativity whilst on a similar subject in the interview. Then goes on to talk about needing this 'galatico' signing all of a sudden and wanting Di Maria to stay.

Yeah, stay and actually play as he can, not the **** poor **** we got, hence him being bench so much. LVG spefically mentions the CL one, and then references Young vs Neymar.

Speed and creativity = Marco Reus

Speed and creativity = Mata flanked by Depay and Pedro

Really like Neville as a pundit. Tells it exactly like it is and doesn't care who he upset's in the process. If Utd need criticising, he isn't scared to hold back and upset anyone at the club.

He and Carragher have been so refreshing in that unbiased opinion on their clubs compared to the majority in that line of work.

And they play off each other so well.

Really like Neville as a pundit. Tells it exactly like it is and doesn't care who he upset's in the process. If Utd need criticising, he isn't scared to hold back and upset anyone at the club.

He and Carragher have been so refreshing in that unbiased opinion on their clubs compared to the majority in that line of work.

Carragher has to wear United shirt on 8th August Monday Night Football for the bet he lost with Neville. (H)

Its not new of him, he was like that at the club. That's why he was so good. It's also why he should eventually manage England.

Laurent Blanc: “In the Di Maria case, the whole thing is close to being over. I’m rather positive about it”.

Yeah, stay and actually play as he can, not the **** poor **** we got, hence him being bench so much. LVG spefically mentions the CL one, and then references Young vs Neymar.

Speed and creativity = Marco Reus

Speed and creativity = Mata flanked by Depay and Pedro

De Gea was poor first season as well and we didn't flock him off at first opportunity. Honestly it's stupid to give up on a world-class player the first moment he steps out of line or wants out. Madrid have stood firm with Ramos and haven't even given into his demands over a contract either. We should do the same if we can't replace him. What is our actual benefit with the money we don't even need right now? Di Maria could be poor again and still give us 10 assists next season being unhappy or suddenly find himself and get his old spark back like at Copa America and give us way more then that alone.

De Gea was poor first season as well and we didn't flock him off at first opportunity. Honestly it's stupid to give up on a world-class player the first moment he steps out of line or wants out. Madrid have stood firm with Ramos and haven't even given into his demands over a contract either. We should do the same if we can't replace him. What is our actual benefit with the money we don't even need right now? Di Maria could be poor again and still give us 10 assists next season being unhappy or suddenly find himself and get his old spark back like at Copa America and give us way more then that alone.

We didnt give up on him..... He literally ran away. It's stupid to compare to De Gea, because De Gea didnt run away and was actively trying to improve. You ever thought the club are ready to sell because they have a process to replace him?

We didnt give up on him..... He literally ran away.

Oh and just to let you know, this Di Maria thing is all but over I know. But what I'm saying is you're making it seem like in any way this is beneficial to us, when it really isn't. The only way this turns out good is if we really do get someone like Reus this window and I just can't see for the life of me that happening.

Oh and just to let you know, this Di Maria thing is all but over I know. But what I'm saying is you're making it seem like in any way this is beneficial to us, when it really isn't. The only way this turns out good is if we really do get someone like Reus this window and I just can't see for the life of me that happening.

I'd rather have a Pedro who wants to play than a player who wont turn up. That is actually beneficial to us. A Di Maria not ready to give anywhere near his best will not give you the magic moments you need to break a side. Being capable of it and delivering it are two very different things.

Laurent Blanc: “In the Di Maria case, the whole thing is close to being over. I’m rather positive about it”.

I don't know why, but after reading this I immediately thought...

[video=youtube;-9YfzEDbiDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YfzEDbiDo[/video]

You'd probably want to keep him even if he calls Man Utd a **** club at this rate...

Good riddance to Di Maria. He's gone. Now Woodie can sign replacement for him.

You'd probably want to keep him even if he calls Man Utd a **** club at this rate...

Missing a plane isn't the most insulting thing in the world, bad attitudes yes, but even Moyes done worse. 'We aspire to be like City'.

I just wish we could of stood off from PSG a while longer and got LVG to get into his.... confused mind. Not a fan of his actions but Woody is hardly going to have any chance trying to sign a big name because there isn't any available. Unless we ***** huge huge huge cash.

Missing a plane isn't the most insulting thing in the world, bad attitudes yes, but even Moyes done worse. 'We aspire to be like City'.

I just wish we could of stood off from PSG a while longer and got LVG to get into his.... confused mind. Not a fan of his actions but Woody is hardly going to have any chance trying to sign a big name because there isn't any available. Unless we ***** huge huge huge cash.

You're assuming the club havent been trying to change his mind, LVGs comments show the opposite. Of course you are going to have to spend huge money. you think Di Maria cost peanuts?

FFS are we gonna discuss ADM every night till he leaves. He don't want to be here made that fairly clear we will move on.

Back