The Manchester United Thread

I don't even want any PSG player apart from Thiago Silva (which actually would surprise me if that hasn't come up in discussions) or Veratti..... but we don't even really need him either now.

Lucas and Pastore would be good additions.

Lucas and Pastore would be good additions.

Perhaps could take them as well, but none of them are worth what Di Maria is in my view, Thiago Silva is arguaby best CB in world but he's going to be 31 soon so we'd get a few seasons out of him not a lot more. Not convinced we'd get him either because just sense he wants the easy life at Paris and coming to us now certainly won't be easy.

It would have to be their player + cash.

Veratti perhaps but that isn't happening.

I don't even want any PSG player apart from Thiago Silva (which actually would surprise me if that hasn't come up in discussions) or Veratti..... but we don't even really need him either now.

I'd take Silva. Zlatan would be a short term option, but an all but guaranteed title. Depends which Pastore turns up, which is the problem with Di Maria right now. Same with Lucas

I'd take Silva. Zlatan would be a short term option, but an all but guaranteed title. Depends which Pastore turns up, which is the problem with Di Maria right now. Same with Lucas

Not sure about Zlatan, class player but he could disrupt harmony in current squad and his wages are going to be astronomical. Also not one to keep quiet if he isn't getting his way and sitting on the bench either, his ego is massive. For all them reasons Cavani would probably be the better option.

Not sure about Zlatan, class player but he could disrupt harmony in current squad and his wages are going to be astronomical. Also not want to keep quiet if he isn't getting his way and sitting on the bench either, his ego is massive. For all them reasons Cavani would probably be the better option.

Cavani and Pedro? could work. You at least have your link forward should Rooney get injured, and he is lethal through the middle

With that duo you have a combination of speed, power and very efficient finishing, and players who totally understand playing for the team and fitting the system, but you don't add that much more creativity. So excellent, but not perfect. Certainly enough to win you the league ( on paper), maybe enough to take you to the CL semis, depending on who you face.

How does rojo forget to renew his passport? It's not like it never gets used. What happened to not being able to fly with less than 6 months on your passport? Or is that just for us normal people, or UK passport laws? Dont the people at the club that arrange flights have all the players passport details like expiry dates and so on?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Philip Buckingham ‏@PJBuckingham 6m6 minutes ago
Steve Bruce says it's an £8m fee with agreed with West Brom for James Chester. Not bad given Nigel Pearson signed him for £300k.

Not a bad price for ManUtd academy graduate. He was signed by Hull for just 300K.

Not sure about Zlatan, class player but he could disrupt harmony in current squad and his wages are going to be astronomical. Also not one to keep quiet if he isn't getting his way and sitting on the bench either, his ego is massive.

He is a winner though, he demands the very best from everyone (OTT sometimes). He may get under players skin on the pitch, opponents and teammates alike, but off the pitch his teammates usually speak highly of him.

How does rojo forget to renew his passport? It's not like it never gets used. What happened to not being able to fly with less than 6 months on your passport? Or is that just for us normal people, or UK passport laws? Dont the people at the club that arrange flights have all the players passport details like expiry dates and so on?

And what's the betting he didn't even know it had run out until he got to the gate?

It's frightening just how stupid a lot of these guys are and just where they'd be without being blessed with talent.

Last edited:
And what's the betting he didn't even know it had run out until he got to the gate?

It's frightening just how stupid a lot of these guys are and just where they'd be without being blessed with talent.
It's not just him though. It's the admin of the club. And the Argentinian FA. Surely they have the passport details off all players. Passport numbers, addresses, expiry dates. The clubs/FA's book the tickets don't they? Not one of them knew it was running out? It's a joke

Don't need silva?...what?...we have a huge gapping hole and you say we don't néed silva?

I was briefly involved in working with a very prominent politician, and let me tell you that the lives of the rich and the important are so very different from mine or yours. Part of what the role entailed was making sure that travel arrangements went smoothly, but that doesn't just mean hotel bookings and transport oh no no no, it also means making sure they have a few spare toothbrushes packed, making sure that they have remembered their passport and phone, making sure that they hadn't worn their shoes and suits since they had been cleaned (because heaven forbid that we would have a repeat of when one politician, who was highly cerebral but challenged when it comes to common sense, had been for a stroll the night before and had mud on his nice black shoes, leading to many tuts from the press), reminding them to smile before they left the house etc. It was honestly very similar to mothering a small child. We just about stopped short of making sure they had gone to wee before we left the house but only just...

Unless PSG stump up way way way more than £28m I can't see him going to be fair.

Lol well he won't have much choice if United don't accept a large enough bid. Going to be pretty awkward if that happens now....

Meh, PSG will pay in the end.

Aren't United playing PSG on Thursday too??

Back