The Manchester United Thread

If that report is accurate, that is a complete insult.

There's bargaining and there's taking the p.

Tell me about it, even more so when you remember they paid £50m for DAVID LUIZ.

Lol well he won't have much choice if United don't accept a large enough bid. Going to be pretty awkward if that happens now....

Meh, PSG will pay in the end.

Aren't United playing PSG on Thursday too??

Yes we play PSG Thursday ironically, highly doubt the move will be sorted by then but you're probably right they'll stump up eventually.

I actually can't fathom in my head why Di Maria so badly wants out all of a sudden? Not like Paris is some safe place either, more violence there than in Manchester. So there must be something behind why he wants to leave.

Zzeezzy mate ADM doesnt suddenly want to go to Paris. It was obvious in the run up leading to his transfer to us that he preferred PSG but couldnt go there as they werent able to afford him due to ffp.

Zzeezzy mate ADM doesnt suddenly want to go to Paris. It was obvious in the run up leading to his transfer to us that he preferred PSG but couldnt go there as they werent able to afford him due to ffp.

True, but the question at a club like United should be why a player like him prefers PSG? Does he think to himself that he just can't cut it in the Premier League at his best level? I'm confused why he actually prefers PSG.

Think we can be assured in saying that we're a bigger club than PSG so I still wonder why he actually prefers it.

True, but the question at a club like United should be why a player like him prefers PSG? Does he think to himself that he just can't cut it in the Premier League at his best level? I'm confused why he actually prefers PSG.

Think we can be assured in saying that we're a bigger club than PSG so I still wonder why he actually prefers it.

Location is an easy one. Easier life and less pressure than both United and the bearpit of Madrid. Less of a league challenge while constantly in the CL against the big guns.

Location is an easy one. Easier life and less pressure than both United and the bearpit of Madrid. Less of a league challenge while constantly in the CL against the big guns.

But the true top players want to be recognised on the biggest stages playing which includes playing in the biggest leagues. If that truly is his reasons then that sounds like he's a bit of a bottler, wants an easy life and doesn't really care about his reputation. No one will care what he does in French league apart from PSG obviously.

Last edited:
But the truly top players want to be recognised on the biggest stages playing which includes playing in the biggest leagues. If that truly is his reasons then that sounds like he's a bit of a bottler, wants an easy life and doesn't really care about his reputation, No one will care what he does in French league apart from PSG obviously.
I don't know if those are his reasons, but if they are, then I doubt we'd have ever seen the Di Maria we all wanted, which is a shame in itself.

Also mate have u been to Paris? Madrid? Barcelona? We all love Utd and some of us even may find manchester nice and vibey even but to a non english person, esp a south american, there is no comparison when it comes to these places esp if there is no real connection with utd ...

Follow

Chris Smalling
@ChrisSmalling

Training
26bd.png
@ManUtd #MUtour

Also mate have u been to Paris? Madrid? Barcelona? We all love Utd and some of us even may find manchester nice and vibey even but to a non english person, esp a south american, there is no comparison when it comes to these places esp if there is no real connection with utd ...
precisely. Like I say, location is a really easy one.

So Robbie Brady and James Chester were signed for around 2 Million pounds and are sold for 15 Million pounds.

I know I've mentioned this already but I don't think we're winning anything big this season if we don't sign a CB.

Jones, Smalling, Rojo, McNair..... Evans.... Blackett - This just won't cut it. Our biggest signing before the summer was a CB, it still hasn't changed in my eyes despite who we try to place in front/behind them. This position should of been addressed better way before now, when Vidic/Rio left but it hasn't.

I know I've mentioned this already but I don't think we're winning anything big this season if we don't sign a CB.

Jones, Smalling, Rojo, McNair..... Evans.... Blackett - This just won't cut it. Our biggest signing before the summer was a CB, it still hasn't changed in my eyes despite who we try to place in front/behind them. This position should of been addressed better way before now, when Vidic/Rio left but it hasn't.

Have you??! No way!

;) I wouldn't worry mate. There are weeks left to get a defender in. And you can guarantee there is at least 1 lined up with maybe 2 back ups in the pipeline

Signing defenders won't solve the issue. Problem is not individuals, it's organisation. We don't defend as a team and defenders had absolutely no protection.

Simeone signed for Atletico Madrid and without signing any big name defender his team conceded 15 goals less in the next season. It's about getting basics right and having proper defensive set up.

Have you??! No way!

;) I wouldn't worry mate. There are weeks left to get a defender in. And you can guarantee there is at least 1 lined up with maybe 2 back ups in the pipeline

Some reports coming out today from the usually (know nothing) English media that we aren't in for one unless we get Ramos. Which to me is just insane, I think to myself the aspirations of a club like United and then wonder how they could even go into the new season with these CB options. Smalling came of age second half of last season fair enough, but you still can't be assured he's not going to go back to his old injury/inconsistent self. Same with Jones, Evans shouldn't even be here and nor should Blackett lets be honest, not good enough. That's just leaves McNair who is still a player very much learning his game, he can be trusted in the less important games perhaps but way too early to fully rely on him. Rojo is a man who is versatile but I'm still not totally convinced about him to rely on as an integral CB this season, which is supposedly what his speciality in terms of position actually is despite always playing LB well for Argentina.

Signing defenders won't solve the issue. Problem is not individuals, it's organisation. We don't defend as a team and defenders had absolutely no protection.

Simeone signed for Atletico Madrid and without signing any big name defender his team conceded 15 goals less in the next season. It's about getting basics right and having proper defensive set up.

For me Schneilderlin is going to help a **** of a lot with that before you even look at the defense. A player who cuts out this and gets tackles in early in invaluable in a top team. He fits there perfectly :)

Some reports coming out today from the usually (know nothing) English media that we aren't in for one unless we get Ramos. Which to me is just insane, I think to myself the aspirations of a club like United and then wonder how they could even go into the new season with these CB options. Smalling came of age second half of last season fair enough, but you still can't be assured he's not going to go back to his old injury/inconsistent self. Same with Jones, Evans shouldn't even be here and nor should Blackett lets be honest, not good enough. That's just leaves McNair who is still a player very much learning his game, he can be trusted in the less important games perhaps but way too early to fully rely on him. Rojo is a man who is versatile but I'm still not totally convinced about him to rely on as an integral CB this season, which is supposedly what his speciality in terms of position actually is despite always playing LB well for Argentina.

To be fair how many more goals did you concede than Chelsea last year? Not very many. Now if youre keeping De Gea, have less injuries, Darmain steps up and you also have Schneiderlin (as my post above) I don't see you will be too bad off at all.

Obviously I'd like a top organizing CB who doesnt mess about, but barring injuries it's still a decent defense

Back