The Manchester United Thread

You're the one that's been moaning about how we NEED to sign a CB or we aren't going to win the Premier league. You're the one that's moaning about how we should keep a player that's refusing to join up with the squad and trying to force his way out of the team. You're also the one moaning about us trying to sign Ramos, one of the best CB who has one everything, over Otamendi who had one good season...

Now I'll tell the real story instead of yours which is taking everything out of context to support yourself, surprise. I wasn't arguing over signing Ramos due to not wanting him, it was from a factor of it being something that was near impossible to pull off and was going to cost us a fortune not only in fee but wages as well. Add to that the fact he is 29 years old I just preferred Otamendi for all them reasons and others discussed at the time.

I've not been moaning, I've been giving my honest opinion there is a clear difference and needing a CB is an issue that hasn't been addressed for fair few seasons adequately to replace the players we've lost such as Rio and Vidic. You can believe we'll win the title with our current mediocre CB options, with a few injuries we'll be relying on old failings such as Evans but personally I knew it was an important area before this window, arguably most important, and still is.

You count an opinion as 'moaning' because it differs to yours rather than offering any reasoning behind your thoughts, great work chap, great work.

12 goals against in the first 8 matches last season. In the next 26 games - it was 25 goals against. So basically - remove the Leicester-game where we fell apart our defensive record matched every other team in the League despite :

1) Luke Shaw played 16 matches
2) Chris Smalling played 25 matches
3) Phil Jones player 23 matches
4) We had no recognized right-back
5) Michael Carrick played 18 matches
6) In most matches we had a totally unbalanced midfield.

And yes - DDG saved us a lot during the autumn - but our defense was generally very good in every game apart from Everton away where Everything fell apart. So no - I am not concerned IF the guys stay fit.

That's one of the exact reasons we need another CB. If we're relying on that we're doomed to failure because it's going to happen to either Smalling/Jones sooner rather than later.

That's one of the exact reasons we need another CB. If we're relying on that we're doomed to failure because it's going to happen to either Smalling/Jones sooner rather than later.

No, thats why we need to solve the fitness issues first. It's why the ever present Blind has replaced Evans. Two left footed ball players in Rojo and Blind, two right footed destroyers in Smalling and Jones, the former in each the preferred pairing.

Speaking of defenders, I'm genuinely interested in the views of the Chelsea fans on this.

Theres nothing saying he wont get injured though. Cant keep signing players incase someone gets injured. I would be more than happy with Smalling and Jones starting, they were quality when we beat City,Spurs,Pool ETC and went on that run. Then add to that Rojo as a good back up and McNair impressing and only getting better. Not to mention a proper RB to take the burden off as the CBR is not having to worry about an out of position RB. Then the defensive stability and organisation infront of having Schweinstiger and Schneiderlin. And Shaw fit and on form.

I think what we need more than anything is the players we have to step up and start fulfilling their potential. They aren't kids any more. All have more than enough experience. They need to stay fit and step up. Simple as that. And I'm looking firmly at Jonny Evans if he stays. We have all seen the quality he has. He needs to grow a pair and play the way he can play. Not keep ******** himself because he doesn't have Rio or vidic next to him.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

is it true we have asked to be kept informed about what is going off with stone?

Theres nothing saying he wont get injured though. Cant keep signing players incase someone gets injured. I would be more than happy with Smalling and Jones starting, they were quality when we beat City,Spurs,Pool ETC and went on that run. Then add to that Rojo as a good back up and McNair impressing and only getting better. Not to mention a proper RB to take the burden off as the CBR is not having to worry about an out of position RB. Then the defensive stability and organisation infront of having Schweinstiger and Schneiderlin. And Shaw fit and on form.

There's plenty of defenders out there better than Smalling and Jones, I don't just want another Evans obviously, I want someone of quality with that commading presence.

More and more I think about it, the more it makes sense that we use any deal with PSG to get Thiago Silva with Di Maria going the other way. That's a great bit of business for us in terms of what we need right now.

There's plenty of defenders out there better than Smalling and Jones, I don't just want another Evans obviously, I want someone of quality with that commading presence.

More and more I think about it, the more it makes sense that we use any deal with PSG to get Thiago Silva with Di Maria going the other way. That's a great bit of business for us in terms of what we need right now.
Theres absolutely no chance Silva will be involved in any deal with ADM. Still more than confident in Smalling and Jones ability and think our team is good enough to make a good title challenge. Lets see what the rest of the window brings first ;)

The whole defensive structure argument in general, and whether we need one.

Well I think you'll be our biggest challengers for the title. I just can't see you winning it at the moment with a CB partnership of either Blind, Rojo, Jones or Smalling. So I think a new CB is a must if you want to win the league this season, but that CB has to be someone of genuine quality.

Well I think you'll be our biggest challengers for the title. I just can't see you winning it at the moment with a CB partnership of either Blind, Rojo, Jones or Smalling. So I think a new CB is a must if you want to win the league this season, but that CB has to be someone of genuine quality.

You're just trying to get likes from zzeezzy arent you :P

Theres absolutely no chance Silva will be involved in any deal with ADM. Still more than confident in Smalling and Jones ability and think our team is good enough to make a good title challenge. Lets see what the rest of the window brings first ;)

Why not? PSG have badly wanted Di Maria for a long time. Silva is great but he's in his 30's now so realistically he hasn't got as high a value as ADM and there's only 2 or 3 seasons of him at top level probably. Even if it's not likely, it's something we should push for, they want our player, we hold the cards no matter what that player wants he is under contract.

Spot on, it's like Chelsea trying to win the league without Terry, slightly possible but much harder and you need his quality/presence in the back line, it makes all the difference having a player like him.

Back