The Manchester United Thread

Interesting reading the MEN claiming Utd have never been interested in Otamendi and are a tad ****** they've been used to garner interest in him.

If there's any truth in any of that it makes a whole lot of debates in here superfluous.

Defending becomes infinitely easier when you have offense control of a midfield and defensive protection, we finally have that in spades for the first time since Owen Hargreaves was paired with Carrick and Scholes.

Interesting reading the MEN claiming Utd have never been interested in Otamendi and are a tad ****** they've been used to garner interest in him.

If there's any truth in any of that it makes a whole lot of debates in here superfluous.

That's coming from Ogden being briefed that United were not. But when you see Otamendi's agents words, there is no way he burns those bridges without someone getting in contact with him. Someone is playing a game here.

But that isn't the point. Saints didnt work because of him or Aldeweireld, they work because of the system.

A system helps but the player still has to deliver.. we can say the same for Shaw and Schneiderlin to be fair. Ok under different managers so it's slightly different.

Main point people don't realise is whilst Aldeweireld isn't a big improvement, having a CB like him makes things a lot better anyway because he's a huge improvement over Evans and Blackett. We may very well in current situation be calling upon them quite often if we get 1/2 injuries.

Let's see how alderweireld does without schneiderlin in front of him first. We all know how lovren went. Actually let's see how Southampton in general do without schneiderlin. He's a big part of what made them tick

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

A system helps but the player still has to deliver.. we can say the same for Shaw and Schneiderlin to be fair. Ok under different managers so it's slightly different.

Main point people don't realise is whilst Aldeweireld isn't a big improvement, having a CB like him makes things a lot better anyway because he's a huge improvement over Evans and Blackett. We may very well in current situation be calling upon them quite often if we get 1/2 injuries.
We'd be calling in McNair first. he's actually quite good.

From what I've seen today we're not in talks with Barca, but some people saying that'd be one of the last stages of the process anyway because they have publically announced he'll be allowed to leave if the release clause is met.
These days the club is the last one when there is an obvious price. We did the same with the two S's

We'd be calling in McNair first. he's actually quite good.

McNair was very impressive last season got to say, that game at home against West Ham shown he is capable of making it at United. Under big pressure to hold on to 3 points for like 30 minutes when sent down to 10 men. He dominated the box that game and people took notice that this guy can make a name for himself.

He had a few bad games as well but that's to be expected, I never seen anything terrible.

McNair was very impressive last season got to say, that game at home against West Ham shown he is capable of making it at United. Under big pressure to hold on to 3 points for like 30 minutes when sent down to 10 men. He dominated the box that game and people took notice that this guy can make a name for himself.

He had a few bad games as well but that's to be expected, I never seen anything terrible.

He's the reason I dont want another project player, we have one, and a good one.

Follow

United Peoples TV @UnitedPeoplesTV

Young: "I'd say Memphis is the strongest player at United, he was changing the other day and his legs were massive!"

CLBJ5JuUwAEBz5G.jpg

This is what I mean by bringing players who are obviously better, if not work on the system and what we have.

No way would I want someone only slightly better pushing McNair down, if we are gonna do that, make sure the incoming player is totally worth it.
Agree. We have some top youngsters coming through. I don't want us signing slightly better players, and these not getting a chance!

This is what I mean by bringing players who are obviously better, if not work on the system and what we have.

No way would I want someone only slightly better pushing McNair down, if we are gonna do that, make sure the incoming player is totally worth it.

Yeh but I'm working on the assumption that we both realise Evans and Blackett aren't good enough. If we're realistic it should actually be going into new season to give us best chance Rojo, Jones, Smalling, McNair, *NEW CB*

Yeh but I'm working on the assumption that we both realise Evans and Blackett aren't good enough. If we're realistic it should actually be going into new season to give us best chance Rojo, Jones, Smalling, McNair, *NEW CB*

Yeah, when you consider further Rojo is a more natural LB (I personally think you'd be making an even bigger mistake trying to play Blind there), and folk are putting a heck of a lot on Smalling's form the second half of last year as opposed to the very average career he's had to that point; and it would be real surprising if all your eggs on one of the most vulnerable areas of the team have either been put on Ramos; or the theory that better protection in front of the back 4 will lesson the problems behind.

I do like the look of McNair though going forward. Be interesting to see how he continues to develop and just how much time on the pitch he gets this year. And Jones settled in a position now could still fulfil his early potential. But he needs that quality experience alongside him.

All that said there's still over a month of the window to go so a lot can change yet.

Pre-season friendly, Edgeley Park
Tuesday 28 July, 19:30 BST
STOCKPORT COUNTY 1
(Ledsham 30)

UNITED U21s 1
(Fosu-Mensah 59)
CE6771AA4928492ABC349898A6882DDE.ashx

Yeah, when you consider further Rojo is a more natural LB (I personally think you'd be making an even bigger mistake trying to play Blind there), and folk are putting a heck of a lot on Smalling's form the second half of last year as opposed to the very average career he's had to that point; and it would be real surprising if all your eggs on one of the most vulnerable areas of the team have either been put on Ramos; or the theory that better protection in front of the back 4 will lesson the problems behind.

I do like the look of McNair though going forward. Be interesting to see how he continues to develop and just how much time on the pitch he gets this year. And Jones settled in a position now could still fulfil his early potential. But he needs that quality experience alongside him.

All that said there's still over a month of the window to go so a lot can change yet.

Agreed with this, I hope so anyway as I don't think our current CB options will cut it, but I won't go there again because the hounds shall be released. (Random thought to Mr.Burns there). Think you're being harsh on Smalling though if I'm honest.

Did you get my reply to the PM you originally sent me btw? Just wondering because it didn't show in my sent messages and didn't want you to think I was being ignorant.

Rojo is also a proper CB though. The funny thing is you say that about Smalling yet laud Otamendi, who has done it for one season only...

i also have no isseue playing Blind at CB either, since hes actually capable of it, certainly as a second option.

Rojo is also a proper CB though. The funny thing is you say that about Smalling yet laud Otamendi, who has done it for one season only...

Tbf Rojo does both roles effectively, I'd like to see him have a long spell at CB to see what he's really capable of.

Back