The Manchester United Thread

Why not? PSG have badly wanted Di Maria for a long time. Silva is great but he's in his 30's now so realistically he hasn't got as high a value as ADM and there's only 2 or 3 seasons of him at top level probably. Even if it's not likely, it's something we should push for, they want our player, we hold the cards no matter what that player wants he is under contract.
PSG do want ADM but would rather buy him outright then lose Blancs most important player. If we get anyone it will be one they are looking to get rid of Cavani,Pastore. We may hold the cards in that respect but ADM wants to leave LVG is most likely not happy with him after his stunt and if PSG come in with a good offer he will be gone. More chance signing Muller than Silva.

PSG do want ADM but would rather buy him outright then lose Blancs most important player. If we get anyone it will be one they are looking to get rid of Cavani,Pastore. We may hold the cards in that respect but ADM wants to leave LVG is most likely not happy with him after his stunt and if PSG come in with a good offer he will be gone. More chance signing Muller than Silva.

Nah, Muller is harder to pull off than Silva, much more valuable and arguably not even hit his peak yet. That's a big over-exaggeration, Woody push hard for Silva anyway.

Having seen benzema pic it would appear that he is on the move could he be the mystery striker

I saw some terrible news today...van gaal says he's happy with our current defensive options...:S??????????????????

Having seen benzema pic it would appear that he is on the move could he be the mystery striker

No WC striker will join United imo, especially as you already have Rooney. If he was offered a move to Arsenal, he'd definately start, however I can't ser why madrid would sell atm.

I saw some terrible news today...van gaal says he's happy with our current defensive options...:S������������������

Unless he can find a top class option. That said you wouldnt run around saying " guys we REALLY need a defender" you might as well say mug me.

Unless he can find a top class option. That said you wouldnt run around saying " guys we REALLY need a defender" you might as well say mug me.

Center back isn't a weakness for United, however it can still be improved. The United squad is strong enough, barring departures. More additions from now won't make a huge difference imo.

Center back isn't a weakness for United, however it can still be improved. The United squad is strong enough, barring departures. More additions from now won't make a huge difference imo.

................................ How?

Say it again, Aldeweireld would of been a good addition, sure he's not the biggest name but who cares, key part of that great Southampton defence which was best in league or second best for the majority. Fail to see how we can do much better than him other than getting a huge name. We don't need huge name really we just need someone who can be relied upon and do the job. Which ultimately doesn't make us bring Blackett or Evans into the equation at virtually any point.

Last edited:
................................ How?

Say it again, Aldeweireld would of been a good addition, sure he's not the biggest name but who cares, key part of that great Southampton defence which was best in league or second best for the majority. Fail to see how we can do much better than him other than getting a huge name. We don't need huge name really we just need someone who can be relied upon and do the job. Which ultimately doesn't make us bring Blackett or Evans into the equation at virtually any point.

again he is not a major improvement on what we have. Saints were good because of the system they employ. Look at Lovren then and now.

again he is not a major improvement on what we have. Saints were good because of the system they employ. Look at Lovren then and now.

Yeh but I've never rated Lovren and always thought highly of Aldeweireld, it actually baffles me why Atletico didn't ever give him a proper chance at CB.... wasted him at RB. He was very good last season in Premier League, sure the system helped, but was very impressive none the less. Plus LVG has a good knowledge of systems here so he'd do well.

Yeh but I've never rated Lovren and always thought highly of Aldeweireld, it actually baffles me why Atletico didn't ever give him a proper chance at CB.... wasted him at RB.

But that isn't the point. Saints didnt work because of him or Aldeweireld, they work because of the system.

Back