The Manchester United Thread

Darmian is a ******* transfer steal of the season. 12 million was it? 30 wouldn't be too much from what I am seeing. Strong, fast, gets stuck in, finally proper defender on the right.

Another winger/striker and another central defender and we're set for this season am I right?

Van Gaal: "I don't know where Di Maria is".

I don't know how anyone can even defend Di Maria or want him at the club anymore.

Also it's very telling how Di Maria is not getting any **** from the media but Sterling got so much for missing just 1 training session.

De Gea needs to get his head in order, he was ******* woeful. Quite literally his worst game I've seen.

Did you see Jones?

Jones was alone in the CB, Blind just went to support midfield and it's near impossible to hold the line with only 1 CB. For second goal whole defense was in mess and it was late run from Ibra and he chose the gap left by Blind.

Also for first goal, it was indecision from De Gea and Jones.

Van Gaal said:
“I have to start with the formation and when the formation is doing well, I let them pay in that formation,” the manager explained. “I think I shall play [Luke] Shaw with [Matteo] Darmian, and with Daley Blind. The right central position I have to consider. I am very pleased with the performance of Matteo Darmian, and you can see he can play on the right and left.

Not sure what's his obsession with playing players out of position and then moaning about lack of balance. You have Smalling and Evans warming the bench but he plays Blind as CB, Blind will be roasted in PL if he plays as CB.

Same here mate! Not to late to understand (or be reminded?) that we need a top cb
We don't need a top CB, don't be delusional mate..

We have plenty of solid CB's, they just need to get their head down and work into system. Everything clicked the latter stages of last season and our defence could hold any offence easily.

We can't rely on De Gea's heroics of last season to be good enough for our defence to not get another CB, this is why I've said we still need a quality CB.... relying on Blind as CB is absolutely no go... he's going to cost us goals big time, in first Barca game in first like 10 mins alone he positionally wandered and played Sergio Roberto clean through on goal. He just isn't a CB at all. I've been saying all along, it's doubtful even if De Gea stays he'll perform at same level as last season, so we badly need that CB, I'm hoping anyone who thinks we don't has now seen sense.

De Gea was bad tonight and honestly his head was elsewhere.... doesn't look good for any club to lose two players of the calibre De Gea/Di Maria but it's looking very possible.

This team still needs CB, Striker, winger - even if you hate Di Maria we're going to lose a lot of creativity without him. Not even top quality CB if we're going to be relying on the likes of Blind/Evans/Blackett because there is loads better than them.

Last edited:
Ian Ladyman@Ian_Ladyman_DM 3 hrs3 hours ago
Chris Smalling & Phil Jones will fight for one place on opening day after LVG revealed Shaw, Darmian and Blind will definitely start. #mufc

-------------------------------------------------------

Blind definitely starting on opening day..... god save us. It should be two natural CB's in Jones & Smalling playing not this makeshift CB just because he has a left foot nonsense.

Zlatan is hinting at a surprise move according to SSN app, would you guys be happy if he was part of the ADM deal?

Zlatan working with Van Gaal? **** yes. If anything, comedy drama is guaranteed.

Back