The Manchester United Thread

Just to scare everyone.... this is what could potentially be on first game of season....

---------Romero----------
Jones---------------Blind

Top 4 at best.

Just to scare everyone.... this is what could potentially be on first game of season....

Top 4 at best.

One it will be Smalling

Two, why does everyone forget Rojo and McNair

Rojo is out the first game because he was a ***, missed his passport renewal and hasn't had enough pre season.

One game, does not predicate the entire season.

Zlatan is hinting at a surprise move according to SSN app, would you guys be happy if he was part of the ADM deal?

No, we should be getting cash minimum £48m and what value does a 33/34 year old striker even have in a deal?

Top 4 at best.

I wouldn't even say that in all honesty...

United have made some very good signings but with DDG and ADM likely to leave and no striker or CB brought in (yet) you still seem quite a bit short at both ends of the pitch!

One it will be Smalling

Two, why does everyone forget Rojo and McNair

Rojo is out the first game because he was a ***, missed his passport renewal and hasn't had enough pre season.

One game, does not predicate the entire season.

We've seen in two pre-season games (just the ones I've watched) that Blind is a liability at CB and is totally makeshift just because he has a left foot... I personally just don't get the logic in that at all.

We've seen in two pre-season games (just the ones I've watched) that Blind is a liability at CB and is totally makeshift just because he has a left foot... I personally just don't get the logic in that at all.

He was fine against Barcelona barring one chance ( as if the others haven't done the same). You talk like Pique didn't have the same issues down the other end.

From bits I say he was poor tonight, doesnt mean he will be poor every game, much like beating barca doesn't mean we are world beaters. Does mean we need to improve, but thats always the case in pre season.

I wouldn't even say that in all honesty...

United have made some very good signings but with DDG and ADM likely to leave and no striker or CB brought in (yet) you still seem quite a bit short at both ends of the pitch!

Finally.... someone who actually sees some sense in this thread because they aren't blinkered by the club they support.

We are definitely 100% lacking a CB, said it all along and losing ADM will get rid of a lot of creativity we have you're right. We need another winger quite badly as well the way I'm looking at it and striker. Rooney hasn't even scored in pre-season pretty sure and he keeps coming deeper for the ball, relying on him to get all the goals is nightmare. I personally don't even think he's the same player he once was and when was the last season he got 25 goals in a season like he's promised LVG this year? :@

If Pedro comes, that would seal the deal for me. Then you can actually have natural winger on the right, Mata, natural CAM can play in the middle, and Deepay can be on the left.

Right now with Mata on the wing and Deepay playing sort of Mueller-role, it is kind of weird to watch because I can't even figure out the formation half the time. Although Rooney and Deepay cooperation looked deadly in this setup, if these two click they will set defenses on fire.

Finally.... someone who actually sees some sense in this thread because they aren't blinkered by the club they support.

We are definitely 100% lacking a CB, said it all along and losing ADM will get rid of a lot of creativity we have you're right. We need another winger quite badly as well the way I'm looking at it and striker. Rooney hasn't even scored in pre-season pretty sure and he keeps coming deeper for the ball, relying on him to get all the goals is nightmare. I personally don't even think he's the same player he once was and when was the last season he got 25 goals in a season like he's promised LVG this year? :@

Here is the new zzeezzy, just like the old zzeezzy ;)

If Pedro comes, that would seal the deal for me. Then you can actually have natural winger on the right, Mata, natural CAM can play in the middle, and Deepay can be on the left.

Right now with Mata on the wing and Deepay playing sort of Mueller-role, it is kind of weird to watch because I can't even figure out the formation half the time. Although Rooney and Deepay cooperation looked deadly in this setup, if these two click they will set defenses on fire.

Precisely. Still a wide forward down, not fussed over di Maria tbh, because we're not getting that creativity anyway. And people are forgetting just how lethal Mata is with wide forwards either side of him. Need that wide forward

Used more and more in this thread when someone don't agree with someone.

Nonsense.

One thing that is clear to me though the midfield duo must alwasy be one of Carrick and Schwiensteiger, and one of Herrera/Schneiderlin, the latter providing the energy for the formers intelligence.

I agree with your post but Mata has played as winger all his career except for 1 season (just few months). Even now we can easily play Mata as CAM with Depay as LW and one of Januzaj/Lingard as RW.

IMO Van Gaal thinks Mata can't play as AM effectively as he is brushed off the ball easily. Maybe that's his thinking which I don't agree with. Mata should play behind striker.

Used more and more in this thread when someone don't agree with someone.

Nonsense.

It's really not though, if we lose Di Maria..... ohhhh fine n dandy. Lose De Gea...... ohhhh fine n dandy Romero is great.

Point is, some people are extreme and take everything positive in this thread. I may be the other extreme, but why van't people see that Blind is not a CB???? Even LVG for that matter. How anyone thinks we don't need a CB and can expect DDG to perform at his superman level of last season to secure the defence is beyond me.

I agree with your post but Mata has played as winger all his career except for 1 season (just few months). Even now we can easily play Mata as CAM with Depay as LW and one of Januzaj/Lingard as RW.

IMO Van Gaal thinks Mata can't play as AM effectively as he is brushed off the ball easily. Maybe that's his thinking which I don't agree with. Mata should play behind striker.

Thing is, Mata ends up CAM so often anway

It's really not though, if we lose Di Maria..... ohhhh fine n dandy. Lose De Gea...... ohhhh fine n dandy Romero is great.

Point is, some people are extreme and take everything positive in this thread. I may be the other extreme, but why van't people see that Blind is not a CB???? Even LVG for that matter. How anyone thinks we don't need a CB and can expect DDG to perform at his superman level of last season to secure the defence is beyond me.

Which makes it as pointless as anyone at the other extreme....

Which makes it as pointless as anyone at the other extreme....

There was very very few positives from the game vs PSG, lets be brutally honest, it just highlighted the deficiencies we have.
When all said and done, how many times did their keeper get tested? :(

I didn't even refute your point, just the line of defense used in last few days is pathetic and using that you can't have any meaningful conversation with anyone.

I don't think anyone is blind to not see Blind is not a CB. People saying we are fine with CBs are basing their opinion on playing Smalling with Jones or Rojo and supported by midfielders like Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

Even if we sign right footed CB, Van Gaal would have played him with Blind as Rojo missed preseason. Problem is not with squad, it's with manager and his clueless experiments.

I'm not saying he can't play on the wing, but he's most effective when he can just roam free. Which is obviously most effective if he's starts in the middle of formation, where he has the most options available.

Sticking to the wing restricts his movement too much. Then there's issue of him tracking back, its not that he doesn't try, he just sucks at it. Centrally he is up against defensive midfielder not a pacy full back, so it should be easier for him.

Back