The Manchester United Thread

I didn't even refute your point, just the line of defense used in last few days is pathetic and using that you can't have any meaningful conversation with anyone.

I don't think anyone is blind to not see Blind is not a CB. People saying we are fine with CBs are basing their opinion on playing Smalling with Jones or Rojo and supported by midfielders like Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

Even if we sign right footed CB, Van Gaal would have played him with Blind as Rojo missed preseason. Problem is not with squad, it's with manager and his clueless experiments.

The issue is that Rojo missed pre season. And as sunil points out, unless this defender is two footed (Hummels), he is playing on the right.

There was very very few positives from the game vs PSG, lets be brutally honest, it just highlighted the deficiencies we have.
When all said and done, how many times did their keeper get tested? :(

There were lots from the other games. Which ones do you choose? the ones you like or the overall picture?

I didn't even refute your point, just the line of defense used in last few days is pathetic and using that you can't have any meaningful conversation with anyone.

I don't think anyone is blind to not see Blind is not a CB. People saying we are fine with CBs are basing their opinion on playing Smalling with Jones or Rojo and supported by midfielders like Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

Even if we sign right footed CB, Van Gaal would have played him with Blind as Rojo missed preseason. Problem is not with squad, it's with manager and his clueless experiments.

Yes.... he seems to overcomplicate things and his arrogance deludes him a lot of the time. I don't get the logic of not playing a CB partnership just because they are both right-footed when you're only other option to use a left-footer is someone who isn't even a CB - mind boggling.

On the bright side he's only here two more seasons.. apparently... although if we replace him with Giggs that will be just as bad.

I should add I don't see the need for left foot right foot as Rio and Vidic were right footed...

Yes.... he seems to overcomplicate things and his arrogance deludes him a lot of the time. I don't get the logic of not playing a CB partnership just because they are both right-footed when you're only other option to use a left-footer is someone who in't even a CB - mind boggling.

On the bright side he's only here two more seasons.. apparently... although if we replace him with Giggs that will be just as bad.

Wow....

The issue is that Rojo missed pre season. And as sunil points out, unless this defender is two footed (Hummels), he is playing on the right.

Yes.... he seems to overcomplicate things and his arrogance deludes him a lot of the time. I don't get the logic of not playing a CB partnership just because they are both right-footed when you're only other option to use a left-footer is someone who isn't even a CB - mind boggling.

I agree. This whole Right foot and left foot thing ****** me off. One of the best CB pairings of last decade were all right footed ones.
Cannavaro - Nesta
Rio -Vida
Lucio - Samuel
Puyol - Pique
Terry - Carvalho

When all said and done, how many times did their keeper get tested? :(

There were plenty of half chances, and PSG are tighter in the back then any PL team bar Chelsea.

Right off the bat I can tell you that not many teams in PL would be able to deal with Schweinsteiger spraying passes from the deep and Rooney+Deepay movement, provided all 3 would play on the level of PSG game. Replace Carrick with Herrera for some extra energy and unpredictable forward runs from the center midfield, and you've got a lineup that will be very hard to contain.

I don't even know where to start with that last line, we disagree a lot but most of your points tend to have reason behind the melodrama, so I'm going to work.

For the first time I'm genuinely:

View attachment 919415

LVG perfect for the rebuild job after Moyes, but to really push us on to new levels and higher boundaries I just feel three seasons will be enough of him.

Need a wide forward.

Also bad news zzeezzy, Duncan Castles expects us to bid on Otamendi, which means its not happening, because he only reports bad things about United

There were plenty of half chances, and PSG are tighter in the back then any PL team bar Chelsea.

Right off the bat I can tell you that not many teams in PL would be able to deal with Schweinsteiger spraying passes from the deep and Rooney+Deepay movement, provided all 3 would play on the level of PSG game. Replace Carrick with Herrera for some extra energy and unpredictable forward runs from the center midfield, and you've got a lineup that will be very hard to contain.

PSG need to give us Thiago Silva for Di Maria - now that would truly be a deal that benefits both parties. Suddenly makes our defence look a whole lot better with him in. That's all we need, one quality addition in defence can make all the difference.

I agree. This whole Right foot and left foot thing ****** me off. One of the best CB pairings of last decade were all right footed ones.
Cannavaro - Nesta
Rio -Vida
Lucio - Samuel
Puyol - Pique
Terry - Carvalho

Yeah I don't get it either. Maybe its about left-footer having it easier to distribute from the back, since most attackers will be right footed?

**** knows.

Need a wide forward.

Also bad news zzeezzy, Duncan Castles expects us to bid on Otamendi, which means its not happening, because he only reports bad things about United

That guy is voldemort, honestly you've got it easy with me if you think I'm bad :$

Honestly would love Otamendi, his performances last season against the best teams with best players like Barcelona - Messi and co. was outstandingly good. His reading of the game is exceptional. You don't play like that against players like that if you aren't good.

When I saw PSG won 2-0 I knew I'd come on to find Zzez in turmoil!

Basically DDG is going to be pants this year. No CB will be signed. Blind will play every game as a CB and be woeful. Di Maria will be sold for 20 million and United won't sign a game changer to replace him. LVG won't really care about what happens the next few seasons anyway as he is planning to leave so it doesn't matter...... Then there will be the Giggs era!!

May as well skip the next month of the window too.

Did I miss any Z!? ;)

When I saw PSG won 2-0 I knew I'd come on to find Zzez in turmoil!

Basically DDG is going to be pants this year. No CB will be signed. Blind will play every game as a CB and be woeful. Di Maria will be sold for 20 million and United won't sign a game changer to replace him. LVG won't really care about what happens the next few seasons anyway as he is planning to leave so it doesn't matter...... Then there will be the Giggs era!!

May as well skip the next month of the window too.

Did I miss any Z!? ;)

I know you're just messing with him Joe, but joking aside if situations where flipped and this was your main love Milan; everything he (pertinently) continues to raise would have you in the same fits of serious concern.

I know you're just messing with him Joe, but joking aside if situations where flipped and this was your main love Milan; everything he (pertinently) continues to raise would have you in the same fits of serious concern.

Haha no mate to be honest! The Milan situation has been worse for years than United, even at Uniteds recent worst!

I look for the positives but I can still acknowledge negatives. Milan have made some great signings finally but I'm still expecting 5th max at the moment, and that obviously isn't where I'd like them to finish, but its a certain improvement.

United have made huge strides this season in this window and it's not even over yet. Nothing will ever be prefect but poor ol Z does seem to get a tad carried away with the doom and gloom. Look at it for what it is I say, an improvement (on paper anyway!)

He has some good points, mainly needing a CB and things but there is still a month left. Plenty of time to get a Cb and another attacker.

We have plenty of solid CB's, they just need to get their head down and work into system. Everything clicked the latter stages of last season and our defence could hold any offence easily.

Right now we have quantity over quality imho whatever anybody says. We also have great potential in McNair.

One it will be Smalling

Two, why does everyone forget Rojo and McNair

Rojo is out the first game because he was a ***, missed his passport renewal and hasn't had enough pre season.

One game, does not predicate the entire season.

Yes but he (Zzeezzy) DID expressly state that he was talking about first match of season. And Rojo will most definitely not start in it for obvious reasons!

It's really not though, if we lose Di Maria..... ohhhh fine n dandy. Lose De Gea...... ohhhh fine n dandy Romero is great.

Point is, some people are extreme and take everything positive in this thread. I may be the other extreme, but why van't people see that Blind is not a CB???? Even LVG for that matter. How anyone thinks we don't need a CB and can expect DDG to perform at his superman level of last season to secure the defence is beyond me.

Ooooh you re too modest mate!

Back