The Manchester United Thread

There were lots from the other games. Which ones do you choose? the ones you like or the overall picture?

Well, dont be forgetting that in the PSG we played a more "settled" team looking much like our starting XI in the first match of the season and faced a PSG who also had a strong XI out - that was the first friendly this season where this happened. So it IS valid to read more stuff into this match than the others ...

I know you're just messing with him Joe, but joking aside if situations where flipped and this was your main love Milan; everything he (pertinently) continues to raise would have you in the same fits of serious concern.

It would be much more pertinent if its still valid on 1st September mate ... Tho we certainly dont want a repeat of last year's experience with all those late arrivals affecting our start (which cost us the league!)

The boss doesn't even know where the **** Di Maria is yet there are some who thinks that we should keep him.

David de Gea situation at Man Utd frustrates Louis van Gaal | Football News | Sky Sports

Funny how we react to different sources. Not too far back I got jumped all over by many for even daring to suggest that as a possible big distraction this season and everything that implies.

I wonder how a similar sentiment from the manager will fly?

It's not the not leaving, but the uncertainty, those were he words. "the flux". I don't think anyone said different

The boss doesn't even know where the **** Di Maria is yet there are some who thinks that we should keep him.

Not a reason to get shafted by PSG for him though, I can't see him going regardless of what he wants unless they pay the big money. £48m minimum.

I hope we are not currently paying di Maria's wages because if I failed to turn up for work I would go down as awol and be unpaid.

Not a reason to get shafted by PSG for him though, I can't see him going regardless of what he wants unless they pay the big money. £48m minimum.

Hopefully we just set the price and let PSG know that if that is met then they can have him, and also deadline. No point stretching this all season.

Also let Di Maria know that his is the case and if the terms are not met then get his *** back to Manchester and start playing for the club.

I don't even know where to start with that last line, we disagree a lot but most of your points tend to have reason behind the melodrama, so I'm going to work.

For the first time I'm genuinely:

View attachment 919415

LVG perfect to rebuild for 3 years, but history shows he does get stale after a while. I think that's enough for him and us before we look to our next manager. Which looks the likely thing to happen.

What I don't think will be right is after LVG we turn to Giggs... if it was anyone else who had no first team managerial experience elsewhere we wouldn't want them, so why him? He needs to go be a manager elsewhere to prove himself, United isn't the first right place for Giggs. After LVG we should turn to Pep, but he'll likely be at City so perhaps De Boer or Klopp.

Last edited:
I hope we are not currently paying di Maria's wages because if I failed to turn up for work I would go down as awol and be unpaid.

Football is a complete law unto itself and that far removed from the rest of reality it's not even funny.

The game I grew up with in the '80's is that far removed, save from the pitch markings, eleven aside and the ref and 2 lino's (who aren't even called that anymore!) it's unreal.

ALL about the money now.

When I saw PSG won 2-0 I knew I'd come on to find Zzez in turmoil!

Basically DDG is going to be pants this year. No CB will be signed. Blind will play every game as a CB and be woeful. Di Maria will be sold for 20 million and United won't sign a game changer to replace him. LVG won't really care about what happens the next few seasons anyway as he is planning to leave so it doesn't matter...... Then there will be the Giggs era!!

May as well skip the next month of the window too.

Did I miss any Z!? ;)

I didn't mention anything about LVG not caring but basically my points are from what others have made. People reckon that the reason we'll get by this season without a quality CB brought in is due to De Gea's performances, but we can't rely or expect him to be realistically as good as he was last season. It's a massive gamble.

The thing that really bugs me about CB more than anything is that it's an area that hasn't been addressed properly for a long time, this hasn't just been apparent now, we've never replaced either Vidic or Rio with proven quality. You can't lose such high profile world class defenders like them and then expect young players to immediately fill them boots, it's silly and impossible. We lack the experience, leadership and know-how in the backline now without them and I personally think that any truly successful team needs that to build from. Perhaps we can't get a CB who has the experience, but even someone who has that mentality of a ******* who will command everything around them.

******* Ballague reckons Di Maria is done to PSG for £44.7m....... so that's like £19m loss over one season. This will go down as one of the worst signings we've made.

******* Ballague reckons Di Maria is done to PSG for £44.7m....... so that's like £19m loss over one season. This will go down as one of the worst signings we've made.

44.7m, I'd take 40m and have Cavani tbh. Unless they have something else lined up.

LVG perfect to rebuild for 3 years, but history shows he does get stale after a while. I think that's enough for him and us before we look to our next manager. Which looks the likely thing to happen.

What I don't think will be right is after LVG we turn to Giggs... if it was anyone else who had no first team managerial experience elsewhere we wouldn't want them, so why him? He needs to go be a manager elsewhere to prove himself, United isn't the first right place for Giggs. After LVG we should turn to Pep, but he'll likely be at City so perhaps De Boer or Klopp.

Klopp. That makes far more sense that your initial comment tbf.

No. That's not. We signed him for 59 Million pounds and it was around 73 Million euros.
Now we are paid 63 Million Euros, which is 10 Million Euro less but since Euro has lost ground on Pound it looks big loss.

But the payments are made in installments, first installment is a loss as when it was made Euro was bit better but the subsequent payments will be/are done when Euro was weak, so end of the day it won't be 59 Million pounds.

Transfer fee are not straight forward, signed for 59M, sold for 45M meaning 15M loss. It is paid in installments so ManUtd also got some advantage in subsequent installments.

If Rojo already got a 2 weeks fine (200k euro's?), then I guess it'll only be a higher penalty for Di Maria.

Back