The Manchester United Thread

Spot on.
I drilled it into the local kids team when I was helping with coaching.
If the ball is in your area it should not pass you!!! Win the ball... It's not somebody else's job.

I use it as a target in my tactical approach to FM - keep opposition away from the box and force them to shoot from outside it. Its elementary.

To be fair, we do need to add at least 15 more goals to our tally from last season. Rooney needs to hit 25 this season, and 10 from each win at least, with the rest coming from the rest of the side. We need to add at least Pedro

If we are serious about fighting for trophies we need 3 players truth be told:

1. Somebody in place of ADM.
2. Forward for when Rooney hits his usual dry patches/gets injured.
3. Experienced cb.

Still, even as we are now our squad has actually more depth than ANY OTHER in the EPL. Chelski have a marginally better starting XI as a result of the above needs of ours.

'Hugging.'

AKA, in the case of M.Skrtel Esq, as the 'Hong Kong Phoey Chop.' How he continues to get away with his Bruce Lee impression most every corner is a continued mystery.

I don't think Skrtel does anything that much out of ordinary tbh. Its just that his mass murderer face makes it looks worse then it really is.

I'd be more comfortable with Evans or Blackett playing behind Schneiderlin than either of them playing last season without him.

On the Evans issue humour me for a moment: we all say he used to be class but now he's ****. But think back: all those matches he was solid he played together with Vidic or Rio. When paired with a weaker/younger CB he loses it ...

I use it as a target in my tactical approach to FM - keep opposition away from the box and force them to shoot from outside it. Its elementary.

I used to watch the teams play for years before I was asked to get involved.
I got so sick of seeing young lads standing still and waiting for a perfect pass to their feet like they had all the time in the world, only to lose possession and then throw a mini strop on the pitch.

I always said... This is not TV or a computer game... Stop taking pictures of your skills in your head and go make a name for yourself... Win that ball... Take it from them and show them you can play.

With all talk of this potential player arriving and this player leaving, along with Tottenham; the fact it's a MASSIVE European week for Utd is getting lost in the mix.

Could do with a few results turning the second legs this week to lesson the chances of what will invariably be a very tricky early season qualifier come Friday's draw.

With all talk of this potential player arriving and this player leaving, along with Tottenham; the fact it's a MASSIVE European week for Utd is getting lost in the mix.

Could do with a few results turning the second legs this week to lesson the chances of what will invariably be a very tricky early season qualifier come Friday's draw.
It hasnt been lost in the mix, just not that relevant right now. Toughest would be Lazio, maybe Monaco, though they have lost Kondogbia. If we can't negotiate that we deserve to be out.

THIRD QUALIFYING ROUND, SECOND LEG
Tuesday 4 August: Ajax (2) v Rapid Vienna (2); Monaco (3) v Young Boys (1)
Wednesday 5 August: Sparta Prague (2) v CSKA Moscow (2); Club Brugge (1) v Panathinaikos (2); Shakhtar Donetsk (0) v Fenerbahce (0)

PLAY-OFF ROUND (ties 18/19 and 25/26 August)
Seeded: Manchester United, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, (Shakhtar Donetsk*, Ajax*)
Unseeded: Sporting Lisbon, Lazio plus the three qualifiers from the third qualifying round

* If either Shakhtar or Ajax fail to make the play-off round, Sporting will be seeded.
* If both Shakhtar and Ajax fail to make the play-off round, Sporting and CSKA** will be seeded.
** If Shakhtar, Ajax and CSKA fail to make the play-off round, Sporting and Lazio will be seeded

It hasnt been lost in the mix, just not that relevant right now. Toughest would be Lazio. If we can't negotiate that we deserve to be out.

Wouldn't fancy a trip to Russia or Turkey personally either.

Early season qualifiers can be a *****. Don't think we've ever had one we made easy and we've played some real no-mark teams in them. Arsenal were exceptional lucky to not go out to Besiktas last year too.

It's becoming more vital to not only finish top 4, but top 3 to avoid the potential banana skin for the big clubs.

Wouldn't fancy a trip to Russia or Turkey personally either.

Early season qualifiers can be a *****. Don't think we've ever had one we made easy and we've played some real no-mark teams in them. Arsenal were exceptional lucky to not go out to Besiktas last year too.

It's becoming more vital to not only finish top 4, but top 3 to avoid the potential banana skin for the big clubs.

Away trips don't faze me tbh, Russia isn't intense at all, Fenerbache is more of a cauldron. You can't handle them then you have no business in the CL. Lazio are a pretty good side again now, so are Monaco on their day. End of the day we should be putting ourselves through, and outside of a slew of injuries, no exuses if we don't.

Yeah, if loss of CL revenue is a problem for top PL teams, imagine just how important it is for some of the smaller teams with 1/50 of United's budget. They're fighting for blood in that last qual round.

Few little rumours coming out in Spain, which the mirror are reporting that we have asked about Pepe from Madrid.

Rafael da Silva posted his on his facebook.

Rafael da Silva
I want to thank Manchester United fans for all the love during those 8 years. Since I signed with the club I lived incredible moments, after all it was 8 years wearing the shirt of one of the biggest clubs of the world. Thank you Manchester United FC. I also want to thank all employees who always treated me with great affection and gave me greater attention. Thank you United Kingdom, I learned a lot in this country, as a player, and no doubt as a human being, lessons that I will keep for the rest of my life. Thank you Sir Alex Ferguson for always believing in my work and for all the doors that you opened up to me. Now it's a new path, a new challenge, God bless me!

Rafael da Silva posted his on his facebook.

Rafael da Silva
I want to thank Manchester United fans for all the love during those 8 years. Since I signed with the club I lived incredible moments, after all it was 8 years wearing the shirt of one of the biggest clubs of the world. Thank you Manchester United FC. I also want to thank all employees who always treated me with great affection and gave me greater attention. Thank you United Kingdom, I learned a lot in this country, as a player, and no doubt as a human being, lessons that I will keep for the rest of my life. Thank you Sir Alex Ferguson for always believing in my work and for all the doors that you opened up to me. Now it's a new path, a new challenge, God bless me!

Love Rafa :(

Yeah, if loss of CL revenue is a problem for top PL teams, imagine just how important it is for some of the smaller teams with 1/50 of United's budget. They're fighting for blood in that last qual round.

That's my point. if you can't handle pressure like that, you have no business going to the likes of PSG away. It's not an excuse, you should want the glory as much as they do.

**** it was painful having no CL football for us last season and watching the other teams in it! Cant wait for it to return to OT this season :)

Follow

David De Gea
@D_DeGea

You are one of the best guys that I know. I am sure that you will succeed in your new adventure, you're
1f51d.png
@orafa2

dawson_crying.jpg

Back