The Manchester United Thread

Btw if De Gea is not starting who else is there?

Romero - Didn't play even a single min for United and by Van Gaal standards he is way off match fitness. Can't speak word of English to communicate.

Valdes - He is as good as gone.

Lindegaard - Apparently Van Gaal never rated him.

Johnstone - Maybe the obvious choice.

Let's see what happens...

I would've given Johnstone a nod if we were facing a bottom table team

I don't know what's genuinely worse, the fact that Blind is going to start for us at CB simply because he has a left foot or this goalkeeper fiasco. Both of these problems together is not good to have for any team, especially one like us who should have settled defence and goalkeeper options. There are early parallels with last season right now, not making me confident. Only real difference as it stands for tomorrow is we'll have Depay and no Di Maria.

Schneiderlin and Darmian will be good aswell but I seriously am worried about our spine still - CB and GK very important areas of team, if that's not right a team won't succeed.

Van Gaal in the press conference:

- Rojo is not ready.
- Schweinsteiger is not ready
- De Gea won't start as he is not focused or at least Van Gaal doubts his focus.

Can't say I'm surprised, DDG looked suspect every time the ball was near with PSG.

I don't know what's genuinely worse, the fact that Blind is going to start for us at CB simply because he has a left foot or this goalkeeper fiasco. Both of these problems together is not good to have for any team, especially one like us who should have settled defence and goalkeeper options. There are early parallels with last season right now, not making me confident. Only real difference as it stands for tomorrow is we'll have Depay and no Di Maria.
I'd have Blind over Jones, and it's because Rojo was a complete numpty.

Expect Bastian to miss out, so that is Carrick, Morgan and Herrera. Depay, Mata and Rooney up front.

I think we have enough to beat Spurs to be honest. Might not keep a clean sheet but I'll take the win

Expect Bastian to miss out, so that is Carrick, Morgan and Herrera. Depay, Mata and Rooney up front.

I think we have enough to beat Spurs to be honest. Might not keep a clean sheet but I'll take the win

Why Blind over Jones? He's not even a CB. Guess we'll see but think Spurs will target him.

Probably got enough attacking wise, just a question whether we can keep them out the other end.

Why Blind over Jones? He's not even a CB. Guess we'll see but think Spurs will target him.

Probably got enough attacking wise, just a question whether we can keep them out the other end.

Blind's positioning is still better, still good in the air Key is to not get sucked into midfield battrle. Jones and Smalling are destroyers and the latter is significantly better. Rojo and Blind are the ball players.

There is no way Blind is better than Jones. Also even if Rojo made it to the preseason he would have missed the game. Van Gaal won't play anyone with just 1 game in preseason.

Also I don't know whether it would be 3 CMs. Van Gaal played 4-2-3-1 and said in only some games he will play with 3 CMs.

Not a good way to start the season isn't it? All bad news at once.

Yeah, not a good start indeed, however Rojo's and Schweinsteiger's fitness will improve, I am not worried about that. My biggest headache is the situation surrounding DDG...

Last edited:
Blind's positioning is still better, still good in the air Key is to not get sucked into midfield battrle. Jones and Smalling are destroyers and the latter is significantly better. Rojo and Blind are the ball players.

Jones is significantly better than Blind in the air. That's one Blind's weakest area and physically he is nothing player.

Blind was in midfield everytime PSG scored the goals and he doesn't even have pace to recover once he is out of position.

Not really. Rojo's and Schweinsteiger's fitness will improve, I am not worried about that. My biggest headache is the situation surrounding DDG...

That's the bad news I was saying and also Blind as CB.

Either way this is a complete clusterfuck. Shoulda just sell De Gea first day of July, get Lorris/Leno and be done with it.

Now its a tie between playing a youngster or playing Romero who probably can't yet find Old Trafford without GPS, let alone finding a way to communicate with defense effectively.

Back