The Manchester United Thread

Either way this is a complete clusterfuck. Shoulda just sell De Gea first day of July, get Lorris/Leno and be done with it.

Now its a tie between playing a youngster or playing Romero who probably can't yet find Old Trafford without GPS, let alone finding a way to communicate with defense effectively.

Can't say we didn't discuss this as a real possibility only to get shouted down.

But regardless, I wonder if this now means Utd will massively over pay for someone out of desperation at this late stage? Same with a centre forward/ centre half come to that. Not many left out there without paying stupid money and turning a club.

I'd have Blind over Jones, and it's because Rojo was a complete numpty.

Expect Bastian to miss out, so that is Carrick, Morgan and Herrera. Depay, Mata and Rooney up front.

I think we have enough to beat Spurs to be honest. Might not keep a clean sheet but I'll take the win

Despite the questions in defence, I would still fancy that front 6 to beat the majority of teams in the league. Certainly at Old Trafford anyway

Either way this is a complete clusterfuck. Shoulda just sell De Gea first day of July, get Lorris/Leno and be done with it.

Now its a tie between playing a youngster or playing Romero who probably can't yet find Old Trafford without GPS, let alone finding a way to communicate with defense effectively.

No. United did a right thing. Why should they bend over for a fee that was ridiculous. If De Gea can't get over it then he will be warming bench a lot this season. Van Gaal is not new to these.

Hopefully it's Johnstone.

Can't say we didn't discuss this as a real possibility only to get shouted down.

But regardless, I wonder if this now means Utd will massively over pay for someone out of desperation at this late stage? Same with a centre forward/ centre half come to that. Not many left out there without paying stupid money and turning a club.

That's been the case the entire summer...

That was scuppered the moment Lloris broke his hand. That's only on the table now he's back

Not necessarily. Van Gaal had more or less same scenario at Bayern where he played young keeper Kraft. Van Gaal is not afraid to throw young players into the mix.

Also the whole De Gea, er it was never shouted down. Pretty much everyone said the issue would be the uncertainty not whether he was unhappy.

Despite the questions in defence, I would still fancy that front 6 to beat the majority of teams in the league. Certainly at Old Trafford anyway

Yeah, we just need to get De Gea's head back in the game. Need to kill off this uncertainty asap or move him asap, now Lloris is an option again.

Also £40m for Harry Kane. Why?

Harry Kane needs at least another season to prove himself before we go spending unwisely on him. Smalling had him totally in his back-pocket at O.T.

As for Club Brugge, like any decent European side, they can be a threat on their day, but really we should be putting them away, and if we don't then we deserve to be out.

Yeah, we just need to get De Gea's head back in the game. Need to kill off this uncertainty asap or move him asap, now Lloris is an option again.

Also £40m for Harry Kane. Why?

Harry Kane needs at least another season to prove himself before we go spending unwisely on him. Smalling had him totally in his back-pocket at O.T.

It will be an interesting season regarding Kane... Literally before around November last year he was a complete unknown destined for a few loans spells before the inevitable Championship career

It will be an interesting season regarding Kane... Literally before around November last year he was a complete unknown destined for a few loans spells before the inevitable Championship career

I don't think he is a one season wonder, but his price isn't going to rise much higher than 40m anyway, wait and see.

I don't think he is a one season wonder, but his price isn't going to rise much higher than 40m anyway, wait and see.

What do you seen in Kane? That's not meant to be condescending, asking for opinion.

I think he is the real deal mate. Terry said he was the best striker he faced last season. Superb movement and intelligence on the pitch. Looks like a genuine talent. Hopefully he replicates his contributions whilst knowing that teams will prepare in advance to nullify him

Back