The Manchester United Thread

Fibre is pretty cheap in the UK. You can get it free for 12 months on 38 mbps and pay £3-4 per month. Our current provider (Virgin Media) do 152mbps plus free installation for £28 per month (about 35 euros). It's not suprising that Luxembourg is so expensive.

Kill me now.

What he meant by 'maybe a goalkeeper', he means 'if Real Madrid pay the asking price'. After signing so much, I don't think that he should sign a Di Maria replacement right away to upset the balance of the team. One issue is, if De Gea leaves, who will replace him? Petr Cech had already scampered across North London and I can't see any top quality, 'buyable' keepers. Graham Hunter claims that Real can't pay the asking price due to their 500 million debts, leading to a possibility that Benzema could me available. It could get interesting, especially as every man and his dog knows that Arsenal want him.

Last edited:
Graham Hunter claims that Real can't pay the asking price due to their 500 million debts, leading to a possibility that Benzema could me available.

Now that would be typical Benitez luck, wouldn't it?

Bad luck Rafa - finally gets a shot in huge club - club collapses financially.

Yer joking aren't yer?

He's one of the luckiest SOB's around. He's landed on his feet wherever he's been from Valencia on.

Real Madrid have debt? what. Never knew that.

Also, if they are in debt and are having trouble paying for players, why did they reject our £100mil for Bale?

Also, if they are in debt and are having trouble paying for players, why did they reject our £100mil for Bale?

They have been in debt for years, however IIRC their debt is guaranteed by the royal family so banks just give them what they want or some crazy **** like that

I guess they still need to compete in the league and domestically as well and losing bale could be a massive blow to them.

Haha not in this situation. They are nowhere near financial collapse, however they can't afford to spend €40 million on squad players like Illaramendi. Half of the the transfer fees are mostly paid over a few years. Remembering correctly, most of the €100 million paid for Bale was to be paid over 30 months or something like that. Their transfer debts are huge.

They have been in debt for years, however IIRC their debt is guaranteed by the royal family so banks just give them what they want or some crazy **** like that

Pretty much. They're the Kings club so they have limitless credit.

The best was after the last Galactico splurge when they sold the training ground back to the City for something ridiculous like 100 plus million IIRC.

It really is a club like no other.

This was Graham Hunter's quote.
The Spanish*football*expert said: "Arsenal have the money and Real Madrid need the money. They are 500million euros in global debt, they are trying to buy David De Gea and won't go the extra mile to get him off*Manchester United*because of the cash, so they need the money.*And because Rafa Benitez will play 4-2-3-1 there is one less place for an attacking player than there was last season.
Read more at Real Madrid will sell Karim Benzema to Arsenal IF he asks to leave, Spanish football expert tells talkSPORT | talkSPORT

I'd guess it wouldn't be in their long term interests to sell him. Ronaldo's not getting any younger, and Bale's not only a ready made replacement; he's both perfectly happy there and he's Perez' man.

Can't see them offloading Bale for a good few years yet.

If you're lucky enough to live deep into London, an ISP called hyperoptic do 1 gbps for £51 per month (€72).

Who the **** needs 1gbps broadband in a domestic setting? Like seriously, the only thing I can even think that you'd be doing with that sort of speed is some serious torrenting but then why wouldn't you just get a seedbox?

Who the **** needs 1gbps broadband in a domestic setting? Like seriously, the only thing I can even think that you'd be doing with that sort of speed is some serious torrenting but then why wouldn't you just get a seedbox?

Maybe they have brazzers and one seriously oversized forearm

If you can afford it. It's attractive for businesses and tech startups. In all honesty, I have 152mbps and would happily pay for 1 gbps. Downloading games (40-60gb each) plus patches means that I use 400-500gb each month on my broadband. That bandwidth will appeal alot.

Back