The Manchester United Thread

If you can afford it. It's attractive for businesses and tech startups. In all honesty, I have 152mbps and would happily pay for 1 gbps. Downloading games (40-60gb each) plus patches means that I use 400-500gb each month on my broadband. That bandwidth will appeal alot.

Why would a tech startup need insane download speeds?

Looking at my connection stats, I use over 400gbs of data a month, and I'm on 40mbps I think? No more than 50 anyway, and I've never had a problem. I can't ever imagine needing 20x that, it just seems unbelievably excessive. It's only absolutely massive AAA games that are 40+gb, and even then they're often limited by the distributor's server speeds (**** you Rockstar)

I'm on 40mbps I think? No more than 50 anyway

It's all about the bandwidth.
What if you are online playing World of Tanks and your GF is downloading a TV show on her laptop while streaming The great British Bake off on her Ipad?

Would you be happy with your game lagging and rubber banding?

Maybe they have brazzers and one seriously oversized forearm

Thats why they keep getting the odd German, the old international appearance clause trick

It's all about the bandwidth.
What if you are online playing World of Tanks and your GF is downloading a TV show on her laptop while streaming The great British Bake off on her Ipad?

Would you be happy with your game lagging and rubber banding?

If you play Battlefield 4, it will rubber band on a 1gbps connection anyway. Believe it or not, once you go above 5 mbps, the difference during gaming is minimal. It's more or less latency (how quickly the information gets to it's destination) and packet loss (how much information is lost in transit). A high bandwidth connection is more or less a big pipeline. Downloading games is what takes huge amounts of space and so does video streaming. We're looking for a nice 4k tv with a 12,000hz processing rate. That will take huge amounts of bandwidth. Game downloads are big enough as it is.

Heh, I need to pay 50eur for 1Mbps connection and like 128kbps upload. There's always someone worse than you.

Where is that? 16 mbps is pretty free with talktalk or sky here, if you have a phone line. Virgin Media are likely to double our speeds to over 300 mbps in the next year at no extra cost, which is very nice, however the 12 mbps upload speeds are atrocious.

Where is that? 16 mbps is pretty free with talktalk or sky here, if you have a phone line. Virgin Media are likely to double our speeds to over 300 mbps in the next year at no extra cost, which is very nice, however the 12 mbps upload speeds are atrocious.
Bosnia. 2 years ago we were happy when we goth 256kbps connection for 15 euros. That was huge improvement. That tells you all.

So apparently De Gea may be benched until transfer window closes.

Haggle for some pocket change of a difference in transfer fee, end up with no focused first choice goalkeeper for a month.

What the actual ****.

Haggle for some pocket change of a difference in transfer fee, end up with no focused first choice goalkeeper for a month.

What the actual ****.

Considering he hasnt said that, I wouldnt worry about the gossip.

I do like how people pounce on the spurious gossip, mind.

Oh but I read quotes, not tabloid headlines. I know he's not been explicitly condemned to bench, but Van Gaal did say closing of the window will be the turning point, which indicates the possibility. Plus it makes sense, if he wants out and doesn't have his head straight, its not going to be magically fixed overnight, not with the clubs still negotiating.

Oh but I read quotes, not tabloid headlines. I know he's not been explicitly condemned to bench, but Van Gaal did say closing of the window will be the turning point, which indicates the possibility. Plus it makes sense, if he wants out and doesn't have his head straight, its not going to be magically fixed overnight, not with the clubs still negotiating.

Its the speculation. On the other hand, DDG isn't an idiot. as LVG says, he is actually trying to keep his head straight, and being dropped will make him focus more on keeping his place. It's a pretty good message to send, because then you gauge how the player reacts, and that tells you if the situation is tenable or not.

The clubs arent negotiating either, that stopped 2 weeks ago. Its pay £32m or **** off. You've made the leap from one game to a month, with not much to back it up with. The issue isnt whether he wants out or not, but the uncertainty

Last edited:
There is another issue Tyton. Madrid might need to sell Benzema to fund DDG. You can see why the club would want to resist that scenario...

That doesn't make any sense at all though. Their only backup strikers are Jese and some academy lad Rafa promoted 2 weeks ago. And if they don't have the money for De Gea, they don't have the money for Benzema replacement. I'll eat a [del]cactus[/del] pancake if Real Madrid goes into the season with academy striker leading the line.

That doesn't make any sense at all though. Their only backup strikers are Jese and some academy lad Rafa promoted 2 weeks ago. And if they don't have the money for De Gea, they don't have the money for Benzema replacement. I'll eat a [del]cactus[/del] pancake if Real Madrid goes into the season with academy striker leading the line.

I didnt say it made sense. This is Real Madrid. They are also thinking of moving Ronaldo into the CF position.

What the actual ****.

Pocket change? Madrid made 14 Million pounds bid, ManUtd wanted 35 Million pounds. That's not a pocket change.

Pocket change? Madrid made 14 Million pounds bid, ManUtd wanted 35 Million pounds. That's not a pocket change.

20 mil is ashtray in a limo compared to, say, starting the season with series of fuckups by unprepared goalkeepers and burying the title challenge before it even begins. You're making 3x that with just Adidas deal.

20 mil is ashtray in a limo compared to, say, starting the season with series of fuckups by unprepared goalkeepers and burying the title challenge before it even begins. You're making 3x that with just Adidas deal.

Madrid makes highest money in the world, wonder why they are not throwing extra 20 Million in the deal then?

3 games without De Gea is much better than not having De Gea for 38 league games. What Madrid are paying is no where good enough for ManUtd to consider. Why should they accept the just 14 M pounds?

Madrid makes highest money in the world, wonder why they are not throwing extra 20 Million in the deal then?

Because biggest revenue doesn't equal biggest profit. United literally ***** with money. Madrid would've been bankrupt if it wasn't for protection by authorities (which is frankly just disgusting given the state of economy in Spain, but that's another matter).

3 games without De Gea much better than not having De Gea for 38 league games. What Madrid are paying is no where good enough for ManUtd to consider. Why should they accept the just 14 M pounds?

Why? Because you can ******* afford it, that's why. Like Joel (I think) said few weeks ago, you people obsess over fees too much. 5 million, 20 million, who gives a ****? You have so much money, current transfer window didn't even put a dent in Woodward's war chest. ****, with the amount of deadwood wages out of the squad, you will probably make profit YoY.

De Gea is leaving anyway. Get a new goalkeeper in early, work him in pre season, gel him with the squad, rip **** in the league. That's how you do it.

Instead not only there's a clusterfuck now, there's gonna be the same thing next summer. And there's no telling when De Gea gets his head straight. If he ends up leaving late, you need to get a good goalkeeper in, and instead of having him geled with the squad, he will have to go through trial by fire.

This is a clusterfuck of epic proportions, all because Woodward decided to battle with Perez on who has a bigger ****, and he evidently lost.

Last edited:
Will all that said, I hope Johnstone gets his shot, he was really impressive in the preseason.

Back