The Manchester United Thread

Because biggest revenue doesn't equal biggest profit. United literally ***** with money. Madrid would've been bankrupt if it wasn't for protection by authorities (which is frankly just disgusting given the state of economy in Spain, but that's another matter).

ManUtd have as much debt. Their turnover is bigger and wages are as much. Their wages to revenus ration is less than 50% and that's fantastic. For a club that pays 40 Million for back up player, paying 35 Million for arguably the best GK is not much

Why? Because you can ******* afford it, that's why. Like Joel (I think) said few weeks ago, you people obsess over fees too much. 5 million, 20 million, who gives a ****? You have so much money, current transfer window didn't even put a dent in Woodward's war chest. ****, with the amount of deadwood wages out of the squad, you will probably make profit YoY.

That's not what he said. He said about strengthening the team, not weakening it by bending over to Madrid.
Yeah if ManUtd do what you are saying then they are setting very dangerous precedent. Yeah, just lowball us and we will bend over.

De Gea is leaving anyway. Get a new goalkeeper in early, work him in pre season, gel him with the squad, rip **** in the league. That's how you do it.

Or retain among the best GK in the world when there are so many changes in the team. It brings stability. Retaining Suarez, Ronaldo for one more year didn't do any worse for their clubs. It's just till transfer window, once it's shut then it's back to business.

14 Million pounds for De Gea is worth it.

Instead not only there's a clusterfuck now, there's gonna be the same thing next summer. And there's no telling when De Gea gets his head straight. If he ends up leaving late, you need to get a good goalkeeper in, and instead of having him geled with the squad, he will have to go through trial by fire.

Even if we sell De Gea now and sign GK, he should get used to playing for ManUtd. Doesn't matter now or next year. If anything with De Gea we have better chance of winning trophies.

This is a clusterfuck of epic proportions, all because Woodward decided to battle with Perez on who has a bigger ****, and he evidently lost.

And you continue posting about the topics you don't have clue about and something you are doing for many days.

It's not about **** measuring contest. 14 Million for our best player in 2 years and that's pathetic. It's having 14 Million in the bank or De Gea for one more year. Answer is so obvious. It's about not bending over for lowball bids.

Van Gaal made it clear. We pay big transfer fee and if any club wants to buy our players they will have to match transfer fee set by the club.

Tbh your whole point is nonsense. It just says sell for whatever Madrid bids and get it done with. We are not talking about some average player, we are talking about De Gea.

Club is not even blocking the transfer. They are very clear. Make the money and take the player. If Madrid can't pay up then they should shut up for one year.

The same people who said Di Maria should be sold immediately because his heart is not with the club are now the same ones radically defending De Gea who is in a similar situation now. Ok he has not missed a flight or anything like that but LVG has openly admitted that he's not training as well, clearly he's not being as professional as you guys like to think.

Tbf Tyton is right, this is just an utter mess atm, like I said couldn't rely on De Gea this season being superman again, alongside the current Cb situation as well we have serious issues. Nothing new though, should of been addressed by now anyway, instead of getting a mediocre GK like Romero, get a future no.1 and let him settle in for however long he can whilst De Gea still remains.

FFS it's the 1st day of the season, I expect people to be excited and looking forward to the match. Come on here and it's all doom and gloom. Our squad as is ATM is more than good enough for a title challenge. Can we just save the negativity until if we lose today please :P everyone complaining about who is gonna be playing, when we don't know except for DDG who is going to start.

The same people who said Di Maria should be sold immediately because his heart is not with the club are now the same ones radically defending De Gea who is in a similar situation now. Ok he has not missed a flight or anything like that but LVG has openly admitted that he's not training as well, clearly he's not being as professional as you guys like to think.

Tbf Tyton is right, this is just an utter mess atm, like I said couldn't rely on De Gea this season being superman again, alongside the current Cb situation as well we have serious issues. Nothing new though, should of been addressed by now anyway, instead of getting a mediocre GK like Romero, get a future no.1 and let him settle in for however long he can whilst De Gea still remains.

It's not just that, that would worry me. It's the presumption still around that (with some here and elsewhere) as soon as the window is closed down, he'll be fully focused and professional on Utd this season as he was last. (That was what was referred to by being 'shouted down' when it was suggested the possibility would be the opposite.). The fact he hasn't outright asked for a move is immaterial to that. I know he's going at some point. You know he's going at some point. Every man and his dog knows he's going at some point. So it's only human nature for his mind to be looking forward to the next chapter of his life and that possibly effecting his performances. Maybe that doesn't happen and he is mentally strong enough to be fully dedicated once the windows over. But the possibility remains for the opposite.

Whichever way you try paint it, playing 'hardball' over a fee for a guy that will walk for nothing with all the possible ramifications involved has been and remains a VERY dodgy game to play.

I can see the argument for doing that. But the gamble remains.

This isn't last season and this could just as easily go the other way as not.

Last edited:
FFS it's the 1st day of the season, I expect people to be excited and looking forward to the match. Come on here and it's all doom and gloom. Our squad as is ATM is more than good enough for a title challenge. Can we just save the negativity until if we lose today please :P everyone complaining about who is gonna be playing, when we don't know except for DDG who is going to start.

Am I right in thinking 'Spurs have got an utterly pathetic record at Utd? (They have an utterly pathetic record at most all big clubs so I'm guessing I am lol.).

Am I right in thinking 'Spurs have got an utterly pathetic record at Utd? (They have an utterly pathetic record at most all big clubs so I'm guessing I am lol.).
They do but it as improved a tad recently, use to be guaranteed 3 pointer. Im not even being red tinted, which im sure some will say. We literally have not played 1 min this season and I cant believe the negativity in this thread already. I could understand if we had lost 2 and drawn 3 of our 1st 5 games but WTF before a ball is kicked :O

They do but it as improved a tad recently, use to be guaranteed 3 pointer. Im not even being red tinted, which im sure some will say. We literally have not played 1 min this season and I cant believe the negativity in this thread already. I could understand if we had lost 2 and drawn 3 of our 1st 5 games but WTF before a ball is kicked :O

Well, can't really comment on that as I'm pretty down on my club before a balls even been kicked, :(; when the argument could well be made they have as strong if not better attacking options as anyone else to make a splash back into the top 4.

Here's to a fun, really exciting, major injury free season.

Well, can't really comment on that as I'm pretty down on my club before a balls even been kicked, :(; when the argument could well be made they have as strong if not better attacking options as anyone else to make a splash back into the top 4.

Here's to a fun, really exciting, major injury free season.
Don't be down mate. Pools squad is not as bad as some make out tbh, especially after the signings you have made. Benteke will surprise a few!

I didnt say it made sense. This is Real Madrid. They are also thinking of moving Ronaldo into the CF position.

In pre season, they benched Benzema to play Ronaldo, Jese and Bale there. Apparently, Bale was promised a run out at CF by Rafa.

Man United would be mad to sell DDG on the cheap. You could pretty much wipe your **** with £14 million and so would the premier league top 6. DDG is so good that's he's worth keeping for another year, plus it's not like there is a Petr Cech available to replace him.

Its the speculation. On the other hand, DDG isn't an idiot. as LVG says, he is actually trying to keep his head straight, and being dropped will make him focus more on keeping his place. It's a pretty good message to send, because then you gauge how the player reacts, and that tells you if the situation is tenable or not.

The clubs arent negotiating either, that stopped 2 weeks ago. Its pay £32m or **** off. You've made the leap from one game to a month, with not much to back it up with. The issue isnt whether he wants out or not, but the uncertainty
I wish i could share this"optimism" (for want of better word). But im willing to bet that we will be forced to sell him for around 20m pounds before this window closes. Which depresses me.

Last edited:
Just watching the build up to the game with the terrible Fletch & Sav :( They just had Ogden on not that it means anything. But he said LVG wants 2 players if DDG stays a CB and a STR/Attacking player. But Utd will sign 3 new players if DDG leaves one being a keeper.

Steve Bates saying that Bastian Schweinsteiger could be a surprise starter for Untied today.

I wish i could share this"optimism" (for want of better word). But im willing to bet that we will be forced to sell him for around 20m pounds.
We wont sell him for that. Not a chance, especially after everything this summer.

Steve Bates saying that Bastian Schweinsteiger could be a surprise starter for Untied today.
Would be a surprise as he clearly did not look fit in pre season. Would have Carrick,Schneiderlin,Herrera start with Schweinstiger coming on later on.

Would be a surprise as he clearly did not look fit in pre season. Would have Carrick,Schneiderlin,Herrera start with Schweinstiger coming on later on.

Be more of a surprise considering van Gaal said yesterday that he wasn't fit enough to play. If he does, suggests that we've had an injury in training yesterday and he has no other choice.

What did he get pre-season? Couple of halfs?

Big ask and risk to throw him straight in to the crazy pace of the PL. Not least opening day.

Can't see Firmino starting tomorrow for the same reason.

Last edited:
Be more of a surprise considering van Gaal said yesterday that he wasn't fit enough to play. If he does, suggests that we've had an injury in training yesterday and he has no other choice.
No injuries according to MUTV and Bryan Robson on BT Sports.

No injuries according to MUTV and Bryan Robson on BT Sports.

Always had more respect for Robson as a player than Keane. (And I'd have a toss up between Keane and Viera in an all time PL XI in that role FWIW.).

Robson could take it as well as give it, always faced you straight up, and just got on with it. Keane could be snidey and underhand with it.

Back