The Manchester United Thread

People saying we should sell DDG, one of the best goalkeepers in the world right now, for £14million? Are you ******* mental? Do you have a spine of any kind?

Let's just bend over and sell everyone. Rooney for £10million. Mata and Herrara for £5million. Hernandez for £3million. Sound good to you? I ******* hope not..

The same people who said Di Maria should be sold immediately because his heart is not with the club are now the same ones radically defending De Gea who is in a similar situation now. Ok he has not missed a flight or anything like that but LVG has openly admitted that he's not training as well, clearly he's not being as professional as you guys like to think.

Tbf Tyton is right, this is just an utter mess atm, like I said couldn't rely on De Gea this season being superman again, alongside the current Cb situation as well we have serious issues. Nothing new though, should of been addressed by now anyway, instead of getting a mediocre GK like Romero, get a future no.1 and let him settle in for however long he can whilst De Gea still remains.

so in fact, it's not remotely similar at all. And you've actually read LVGs quotes completely wrong. De Gea is trying his best to focus and train hard. It's not by choice that it's getting to him. and that's why LVG is unhappy with the situation.

First people complain he's leaving, now people complain he's staying. What is it people want?

Also there are two keepers you can replace him. One has just come back from injury, and the other seemingly wants to stay in Germany ahead of the Euros. Who is this future no.1 out there ready to walk into the goal?

Last edited:
Because that's what was mentioned in the press conference. If something happened in training afterwards they wouldn't know.

We've not had any injuries. It would be LVG making a last ditch change, because he likes to.

Gloriously sunny, warm day right now with not too much cloud cover so I presume it's similar down the road for the opening game.

Schweinsteiger would make sense really, at least I thought Pochettino likes to play high line? Schweiny's long balls woulda crack that open quite well indeed.

This is the qoute about DDG:
He tries. He does his utmost best but it is a difficult situation. Now we have to play our first match and this is the most important match, so I want players who can only focus on the match.
You'd have to be completely mad to think this is anything remotely like Di Maria, bear in mind this started back in January, and he was one of our best players throughout the season. Di Maria stopped playing in December.

so in fact, it's not remotely similar at all. And you've actually read LVGs quotes completely wrong. De Gea is trying his best to focus and train hard. It's not by choice that it's getting to him. and that's why LVG is unhappy with the situation.

First people complain he's leaving, now people complain he's staying. What is it people want?

Also there are two keepers you can replace him. One has just come back from injury, and the other seemingly wants to stay in Germany ahead of the Euros. Who is this future no.1 out there ready to walk into the goal?

I want De Gea to stay don't get me wrong, especially if it means not giving in to Madrid. But my point was that some people on here reasoning behind not needing a CB is because we'd have the De Gea of last season a.k.a superman in goal again. It's a massive risk.

I want De Gea to stay don't get me wrong, especially if it means not giving in to Madrid. But my point was that some people on here reasoning behind not needing a CB is because we'd have the De Gea of last season a.k.a superman in goal again.

The thing is, you are looking for an ideal outcome. This was always going to be ugly. Why do you think so many teams fold against Madrid? As I said to Tyton. this is a good guage of the situation. Lloris is back now. How DDG reacts defines whether you push for Lloris in the closing weeks. If DDG follows the way his career has been for us, he will be back. If not you actually have that option.

As for CB, the other option is rejecting a move to City in Godin. Forgot about him.

You decided who you're hanging your hat on the next 9/10 months yet? :D

Its a tie between Arsenal and United atm. Getting a bit bored with United (would be 3 years if I stick around this season), but I like Van Gaal and Wenger seems asleep at transfer market again.

Its a tie between Arsenal and United atm. Getting a bit bored with United (would be 3 years if I stick around this season), but I like Van Gaal and Wenger seems asleep at transfer market again.

Think Bournemouth could be a real fun ride this year with some attractive football to boot for something completely different.

The same people who said Di Maria should be sold immediately because his heart is not with the club are now the same ones radically defending De Gea who is in a similar situation now. Ok he has not missed a flight or anything like that but LVG has openly admitted that he's not training as well, clearly he's not being as professional as you guys like to think.

Tbf Tyton is right, this is just an utter mess atm, like I said couldn't rely on De Gea this season being superman again, alongside the current Cb situation as well we have serious issues. Nothing new though, should of been addressed by now anyway, instead of getting a mediocre GK like Romero, get a future no.1 and let him settle in for however long he can whilst De Gea still remains.

Eh? People are not saying De Gea shouldn't be sold, they are saying he should be sold for right price. Big difference. Same people also said Di Maria shouldn't be sold when rumors of 28 Million pounds bid was reported.

Yeah think we all agreed 28m was a **** take for Di Maria.

Think Bournemouth could be a real fun ride this year with some attractive football to boot for something completely different.

My only requirement is the club needs to have a decent shot at going far in Champions League (like quarter finals or something), so that's out. Otherwise it can be any league, and the transfer window needs to catch my interest with some promising moves, but transfers have been very quiet this season so there's not much of a choice.

People saying we should sell DDG, one of the best goalkeepers in the world right now, for £14million? Are you ******* mental? Do you have a spine of any kind?

Let's just bend over and sell everyone. Rooney for £10million. Mata and Herrara for £5million. Hernandez for £3million. Sound good to you? I ******* hope not..

There are 3 here though. 1 ManUtd fan, 1 who decides every season whom to support and 1 who supports Liverpool.

Be more of a surprise considering van Gaal said yesterday that he wasn't fit enough to play. If he does, suggests that we've had an injury in training yesterday and he has no other choice.

It's not injury. Van Gaal said they lack match fitness. Rojo and Schweinsteiger.

Never suggested Utd should accept your stated £14 million for the record.

When you are arguing for selling De Gea, that's what you are arguing for. Cheap 14 Million pound bid and that's the reason why De Gea is still United player. Had Madrid paid the fee ManUtd wanted, he would be playing in Madrid white.

Back