The Manchester United Thread

My only requirement is the club needs to have a decent shot at going far in Champions League (like quarter finals or something), so that's out. Otherwise it can be any league, and the transfer window needs to catch my interest with some promising moves, but transfers have been very quiet this season so there's not much of a choice.

So you've never really had any strong allegiance to any club then?

622eb30a146ad9e53d78f9570298b126_normal.png
OptaJoe
@OptaJoe 10 - Wayne Rooney has scored 10 goals in 15 @premierleague appearances for @ManUtd against Tottenham Hotspur. Pest.

Neither side starting with the first choice keeper for the first game of the season. When was the last time you saw that?

Dier and Bentaleb are the holding mids? **** me sideways, and people say we have issues

When you are arguing for selling De Gea, that's what you are arguing for. Cheap 14 Million pound bid and that's the reason why De Gea is still United player. Had Madrid paid the fee ManUtd wanted, he would be playing in Madrid white.

Seen various amounts banded around all summer and the 20 million region that kept coming up seemed the sensible compromise to me rather than take the complete gamble but it is what it is and there's still another 3 weeks or so of the window to go so we'll see how it ultimately unfolds.

So you've never really had any strong allegiance to any club then?

I did. I was Milan glory-hunter for about 12 years. Then I had big falling out with footballl after World Cup 2002 refering scandals. Didn't really watch anything for few years, and just as I was going to get back into it, Calciopoli-gate in Serie A broke out. I gave up on following any one club and been bouncing around ever since.

So that's my cool story.

Seen various amounts banded around all summer and the 20 million region that kept coming up seemed the sensible compromise to me rather than take the complete gamble but it is what it is and there's still another 3 weeks or so of the window to go so we'll see how it ultimately unfolds.

It never got to 20. It never got above his original fee.

Good Lord that 'Spurs side is poor.

If Southampton hadn't been hit again they could be struggling for the Europa with that group.

But the bid was 14 Million pounds and even 20 Million was far from what ManUtd wanted.

Romero and Blind starting is not a good news at all.

Good to see Hernandez on the bench and also Pereira.

Good luck to Manchester United. Actually want you guys to win because I hate Spurs...

Might be something to the tweet I read yesterday that Wison,Januzaj and Lingard are going out on loan. Will post if find it. Also means must be confident of bringing in some attacking players.

Chicharito over Wilson on bench is really dissapointing, but I guess Van Gaal has to be a pragmatist and go for no- risk options with team already being in a bit of a mess.

Back