The Manchester United Thread

Really could do with a player like Pedro here, one twos to open up deep space.

Won't get carried away by that goal, been poor so far, Tottenham could easily of had 2 and just highlighted how the heart of our defence is still weakest area of team. Hope if we win LVG knows this needs to be addressed quickly.

Been a lot better since the gift goal.

Prior, you were second to every ball. Now at least your getting a foot hold. Need a second like with this defense and Schneiderlin being sloppy in front.

One of my favourite things about a home crowd, everyone shouting man on.

Along with a CB and a GK (If/when whipped boy leaves) i'd still like us to sign another wide player and a striker. No pressure then Ed.

Hopefully both teams get a rollicking and step it up second half as that was a flat opening.

Tottenham completely bossing the first 20 without creating much of anything. Then they gift Utd a goal, the flow of the game changes, and Utd have been in relative control ever since without creating much of anything.

But on opening day it's all about getting the 3 points.

Sloppy start, much more control after the goal. Mata too deep for my liking. Should move central with Depay and Young moving to the flanks, Full backs solid, Romero not too troubled. Need to take it up a few notches but for a opening game against a side like Spurs its satisfactory.

Hopefully both teams get a rollicking and step it up second half as that was a flat opening.

Tottenham completely bossing the first 20 without creating much of anything. Then they gift Utd a goal, the flow of the game changes, and Utd have been in relative control ever since without creating much of anything.

Tbf, if walker didn't tackle, rooney probs would have put away that chance...

But we were fortunate not to have been 1-0 down

Exactly this, no one is going to be fluid, or be near where they want/should be. You just want to get through it, take the points and work on improvements in training. For me its about hopefully taking all 3 against a tricky side, pick up no injuries, nice to be back in a competitive game and get the focus on Brugge

Very impressed with Darmian so far looks class. Schniederlin has made a big difference in our CM does not look like a CM made of marshmellow anymore. Only seen glimpses of Memphis, but looks promising. Bit of a meh 1st half tbh, happy with the score line and will settle for any 3 points at the 1st game. Shaw being fit will also be huge for us this season.

Major bonus of watching the NBC feed .....

No Owen with his boring ***, monotone voice who I presume is on BT.

*Edit* And their random stats. Utd have apparently never lost when leading at half time in a Premier League home game.

Darmian would steal the ball from charging elephant.

What a guy.

Oooh well played, good save that. Goal if he gets a better purchase there though

Back