The Manchester United Thread

His distribution was excellent today. One deliberately passed out of play because it was a poor back pass to him

He had a bunch of passes that were more then slighty suspect and looked really uncomfortable with all the high pressing.

Hope we get Pedro and if not then hope Ed has something up his sleeve.

Darmian only subbed because he had a bit of cramp and LVG was taking no chances
To right. Cant take any risks at this stage. Should of had MOTM for me but cant argue with Smalling he was class also. Nice to see Schweinstiger get some mins, looked great in our kit :)

Very average performance but good to keep cleansheet and win.

Darmian was fantastic. 80 mins nothing from his side, as soon as he was off Spurs found space at RB position and created 2 chances. Rooney should have gone for goal without taking extra touch, very lucky that it was own goal.

Smalling was very good, rest all meh..

Would much prefer Memphis out wide and hopefully Pedro on the other side tbh.

Still not sold on Rooney as our main striker.

ig_JAvbb_normal.jpeg
Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst Herrera is getting a rollocking from Hoek. Unhappy with his positioning. #mufc

I am so happy to see a competent RB at Man U The second Valencia came on that is when Tottenham turned it up a level and found a lot of space and momentum. Smalling looks like he is carrying on his superb defensive display from the latter half of last season. Shaw looks fantastic, played the whole game and was blowing a bit at the end (but so was everyone) and let's not forget this time last season he couldn't make a run down the touchline without a stretcher taking him of the pitch(exageration, just getting my point across :p).

Still do not like Blind in CB. Good player, don't get me wrong, but he is too small, weak and slow to play in that position. When he comes up against Benteke or the larger strikers he will be in serious trouble.

Mata won't play in the middle. He doesn't offer any physical presence for Van Gaal liking.

he had that fantastic point where he held off two players, dribbled out and then hit a sweet crossfield pass. He might not be as powerful, but his movement means it wouldnt matter. Hope he is there for Brugge.

Rooney number 10 and new striker i wouldn't mind.

Yeah, few years back I wouldn't have mind but Rooney's touch is so poor now and he lacks creative play big time to play as #10. Today Depay looked good few times but he should play as LW. Not sure on #10 part.

Yeah, few years back I wouldn't have mind but Rooney's touch is so poor now and he lacks creative play big time to play as #10. Today Depay looked good few times but he should play as LW. Not sure on #10 part.

Rooney has nothing to prove as a central striker. His scoring record, even from midfield is very impressive. His first touch is excellent. I just don't think he's fully match fit.

he had that fantastic point where he held off two players, dribbled out and then hit a sweet crossfield pass. He might not be as powerful, but his movement means it wouldnt matter. Hope he is there for Brugge.

It was one off. He was pushed off the ball very easily last season and Van Gaal didn't like what Mata offered as #10 when he played there. Van Gaal even said that in his post match interview.

I would prefer to see Mata as #10 and play at higher tempo so that he can find space to play killer passes.

Yeah, Blind would be my biggest complaint as well. For a guy who's supposedly there because he can pass better, he hasn't really done jack ****. There's no use having a ball playing defender if he can get pushed off the ball by 3-year old girl.

And I still don't understand the benefit of this whole left foot-right foot defender nonsense. At all. The whole idea is so bizarre, it almost seems like uncle Louis and his bro Ryan had too much weed one weekend and came up with some "tactical philosophy" just to **** with people.

Yeah whole left footer and right footer thing is pure nonsense and tedious.

Rooney has nothing to prove as a central striker. His scoring record, even from midfield is very impressive. His first touch is excellent. I just don't think he's fully match fit.

For you everything is excellent. For ManUtd fans who watch their players week in week out and carefully watch every move, his first touch is not excellent and he is not creative enough and has regressed as a player.

Back