The Manchester United Thread

Yeah, Blind would be my biggest complaint as well. For a guy who's supposedly there because he can pass better, he hasn't really done jack ****. There's no use having a ball playing defender if he can get pushed off the ball by 3-year old girl.

And I still don't understand the benefit of this whole left foot-right foot defender nonsense. At all. The whole idea is so bizarre, it almost seems like uncle Louis and his bro Ryan had too much weed one weekend and came up with some "tactical philosophy" just to **** with people.

Hopefully rojo comes back so we can end that madness

Yeah, few years back I wouldn't have mind but Rooney's touch is so poor now and he lacks creative play big time to play as #10. Today Depay looked good few times but he should play as LW. Not sure on #10 part.

This no#10 roaming playmaker role simply doesn't fit Memphis. LW FTW!

heaven forbid you get carried away by anything.

Cheeky sod, got a point though!

3 points is 3 points at the end of the day so can't complain but without repeating myself too much we need a better CB in to replace or stop Blind/Evans/Blackett from playing and ideally a attacking winger/inside forward which will be in reality is going to be Pedro. Maybe even a striker as well.

Only thing left to say is Darmian is great, Italian intelligence and the art of defending is so great to see in a full back at United again, oh so badly lacking with Valencia. Darmian is good going forward as well, by the way it's looking he's going to be our best signing as I predicted. Just a case of settling for him and adapting but he seems to of done it superbly and has good mentality to not let anything get to his head. I wish Valencia good luck in claiming that spot back.

Cheeky sod, got a point though!

3 points is 3 points at the end of the day so can't complain but without repeating myself too much we need a better CB in to replace or stop Blind/Evans/Blackett from playing and ideally a attacking winger/inside forward which will be in reality is going to be Pedro. Maybe even a striker as well.

Only thing left to say is Darmian is great, Italian intelligence and the art of defending is so great to see in a full back at United again, oh so badly lacking with Valencia. Darmian is good going forward as well, by the way it's looking he's going to be our best signing as I predicted. Just a case of settling for him and adapting but he seems to of done it superbly and has good mentality to not let anything get to his head. I wish Valencia good luck in claiming that spot back.

Sorry, you left yourself wide open!

Rojo should play ahead of Blind, and personally I would rather see McNair promoted over him than bring in any old defender, if we buy one he needs to be better than anything else we have, and we all agree this left foot nonsense doesnt matter. Valencia isnt getting that place back at this rate. Pedro needs to arrive, maybe one more.

Sorry, you left yourself wide open!

Rojo should play ahead of Blind, and personally I would rather see McNair promoted over him than bring in any old defender, if we buy one he needs to be better than anything else we have, and we all agree this left foot nonsense doesnt matter. Valencia isnt getting that place back at this rate. Pedro needs to arrive, maybe one more.

Yeh the left footer thing LVG wants is ridiculous when it means playing someone like Blind over Jones or McNair.

Must give credit to Romero who made some vital saves and has real good game. Also Smalling carrying on from second half of last season is a good sign. Schneiderlin still yet to impress but think he'll get better, Schweinsteiger its just great to have a winner/personality like him in the dressing room and on the pitch. Hopefully he can deliver some great performances on the pitch as well but I think he looked leggy today, due to fitness most likely.

Jones is out for 3 weeks apparently not sure if confirmed by club, knowing how fragile he is wouldn't surprise me that he's picked up an injury already.

Last edited:
Confident control of the game vs. desperate last ditch defending the moment Darmian came off. Says it all really.

Confident control of the game vs. desperate last ditch defending the moment Darmian came off. Says it all really.
Could not blame LVG for that though. Darmian was struggling with really bad cramp. Hopefully wont see to much of Tony V, maybe only in the cups/ few sub apps. Apparently Varela has been impressing all the coaches since his return, hence him training with the 1st team squad.

Haven't seen the match, but by looking at the line-ups I couldn't resist but noticing how many ex-Eredivisie players were in the starting line-up.

Vorm, Romero, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Blind, Chadli, Dembele, Eriksen and Depay. Did I forget anyone? 9 out of 22 is pretty impressive imo altough not all will be starters during the season.

j5U1GueH_normal.jpg
Juan Mata García
@juanmata8 The Theatre of Dreams is ready. @adidasUK, @adidasfootball #BeTheDifference #mufc @ManUtd

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/92...p4?versionId=gtUTMl38APbo7IENaR3NMeBcpcS2S65k

Back