The Manchester United Thread

Must be a domestic one given Arsenal's aversion to big shiny European thingies ..... :P

Yeah there's space for European trophies with only two of those. But I was talking about prestigeous Premier League Asia Trophy, Emirates Cup ;) and of course cherry on the top Community Shield.

Can only be thankful that we caught a very passive Tottenham side today who didn't ask more questions of us, otherwise we definitely would not have won.

Can't say I disagreed too much with the consensus around me throughout, what with the very languid tempo and few genuinely threatening attacks. The defending was encouraging, and I echo sentiments of Darmian's performance. He looked very comfortable. On the contrary, it felt like we were, at times, the away side.

But overall it was a frustratingly dour game.

ENeNXH4F_normal.jpg
Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_ Adidas report record-breaking sales of the new MUFC home kit, breaking the existing megastore record by almost 50%. [Mail] #MUFC

Follow

Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_

Hainer (Adidas Chief): "Last Saturday we reunited with MUFC, the most popular & successful football team & unveiled their new home kit."

ENeNXH4F_normal.jpg
Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_ Hainer: "The initial response has really blown us away as it has exceeded all expectations in both the club's and our own brand channels."

Follow

Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_

Hainer: "The Old Trafford Megastore saw a record demand for a non-match day, almost 50% up on the previous record." #MUFC

Feel sorry for Jones and tbh some of the abuse he is getting on some Forums is just ******* stupid. Hope he gets over this alright. The flying most likely set it off/caused him to get it.

Feel sorry for Jones and tbh some of the abuse he is getting on some Forums is just ******* stupid. Hope he gets over this alright. The flying most likely set it off/caused him to get it.

He is a tad fragile though, we should think about using drugs on him that's if we aren't already and that could be hampering his recovery rate.

He's getting slammed for getting a clot anyone, healthy or not, could get?

But I have just 1 question...why didn't van gaal use the 4-3-3 yesterday?...

He said he was going to use it this season...not that I'm against the 4-2-3-1, but I feel we would flow better in a 4-3-3 particularly with our new look in midfield...

Schweinsteiger dictating play in the pivot position with schniederlin providing some superb box to box play and Herrera's adding the required creative spark and technique...the complete mid right there...

But I have just 1 question...why didn't van gaal use the 4-3-3 yesterday?...

He said he was going to use it this season...not that I'm against the 4-2-3-1, but I feel we would flow better in a 4-3-3 particularly with our new look in midfield...

Schweinsteiger dictating play in the pivot position with schniederlin providing some superb box to box play and Herrera's adding the required creative spark and technique...the complete mid right there...
Think it will depend on the game and the way the oppo sets up. Yesterday Spurs set up with 2 DMs and was going to be tough to break down as we watched for large parts last season, especially teams visiting OT. And playing 433 against those types of teams again as we watched last season we found it very hard to break teams down with that possession style 433. Playing 4231 gives us that extra attacker to and our play through the 3rds of the pitch quicker. We will defo see 433 will just depend on oppo and how they set up. Think its good tbh and think LVG learned a lot last season about the Prem and that playing 1 way just simply wont cut it or win you the title.

Man United are now willing to pay the 30M buyout fee of Pedro (28), but they still hope part of the fee will be in variables. [marca]

Barcelona and Man United met yesterday to discuss Pedro. Deal is close. [sport]

Ed Woodward's negotiation stance is being aggressive and stubborn. He believes MUFC should not be pushed around. [El confidencial] #MUFC

Back