The Manchester United Thread

So watching your game on the NBC feed yesterday they said they'd had a directive from Utd. that Memphis is to be called Memphis.

So if that's what he wants I guess we've now dropped the 'Depay' huh?

So watching your game on the NBC feed yesterday they said they'd had a directive from Utd. that Memphis is to be called Memphis.

So if that's what he wants I guess we've now dropped the 'Depay' huh?

It's been the case for a while. No idea why BT called him that at times, might raise it at work. Long story short he hates his dad and doesnt want his name getting the recognition it doesnt deserve in his view.

It's been the case for a while. No idea why BT called him that at times, might raise it at work. Long story short he hates his dad and doesnt want his name getting the recognition it doesnt deserve in his view.

Ahhh, I see. Ta.

And I like the attitude like yourself of having no fear in wanting the 7 shirt. Shows a heck of a lot of character with all the expectation on him already.

I loved Ings saying he didn't want our 7 shirt with all the great players that have gone before (or 8 or 9), and that he wanted to earn the right; but I equally admire someone who relishes that like Memphis.

He may be too ambitious for his own good, mind. Everything I've seen from him so far, can be described as amazing talent who's trying too hard.

The best players walk the fine line between being absolutely determined to win, and not giving a ****, because that's the only way you can mentally be in the zone where everything just works effortlessly.

He has everything to be the next Ronaldo (I mean United Ronaldo, because Madrid Ronaldo is from another planet). Strong, fast, left leg, right leg, movement, techniqiue, and a powerful shot. But a bit of weed before the game would do him wonders, if you know what I mean.

He may be too ambitious for his own good, mind. Everything I've seen from him so far, can be described as amazing talent who's trying too hard.

The best players walk the fine line between being absolutely determined to win, and not giving a ****, because that's the only way you can mentally be in the zone where everything just works effortlessly.

He has everything to be the next Ronaldo (I mean United Ronaldo, because Madrid Ronaldo is from another planet). Strong, fast, left leg, right leg, movement, techniqiue, and a powerful shot. But a bit of weed before the game would do him wonders, if you know what I mean.

Everyone was nervy and overeager. No way do i want him to change his game. People did this with rooney and it took the fight from him. He shouldn't change, we just need to hone him and point him in the right direction

But I have just 1 question...why didn't van gaal use the 4-3-3 yesterday?...

He said he was going to use it this season...not that I'm against the 4-2-3-1, but I feel we would flow better in a 4-3-3 particularly with our new look in midfield...

Schweinsteiger dictating play in the pivot position with schniederlin providing some superb box to box play and Herrera's adding the required creative spark and technique...the complete mid right there...

It was 4-3-3 for Van Gaal. This is exactly how he lined up at Bayern.

Schweinsteiger and Van Bommel holding mid --> Carrick and Schneiderlin holding mid.
Robben and Ribery wingers --> Mata and Young wingers.
Muller as free role, behind the striker --> Depay
1 striker.

His other variant is playing one more midfielder as advanced attacking player instead of Depay.

Schweinsteiger and Van Bommel holding mid --> Carrick and Schneiderlin holding mid.
1 striker.

His other variant is playing one more midfielder as advanced attacking player instead of Depay.

And the striker was...hm, yeah, alright, it was Rooney. :D

Dunno guys, tell me if I am blind and deaf but I simply don't see Rooney as a 20+ goal per season striker anymore...

And the striker was...hm, yeah, alright, it was Rooney. :D

Dunno guys, tell me if I am blind and deaf but I simply don't see Rooney as a 20+ goal per season striker anymore...

Time will tell. We are not creating any chances to finish them off. That's our biggest problem. If we are creating and Rooney is missing or not up to the mark then it's an issue with Rooney but till now we have created absolutely nothing. Thanks to Van Gaal.

Shaqiri is signing for Stoke City, for just 12 Million pounds. We should have signed him. Very quick and he can play behind striker with Depay as LW.

Shaqiri is signing for Stoke City, for just 12 Million pounds. We should have signed him. Very quick and he can play behind striker with Depay as LW.

What made his career stall in the first place? He was always highly rated at Basel

What made his career stall in the first place? He was always highly rated at Basel

At Bayern he had no chance ahead of Robben and Ribery and Pep style was completely different to what Shaqiri offered. It was a huge mismatch.

At Inter, well Inter management are just idiots. They signed him because they had obligation to buy but now selling him as they didn't want to buy him. Apparently some fall out between manager and player (Which I don't know how true it is) but Inter management are well known for making stupid decisions.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw the Stoke rumours. Excellent player with rapid speed, great shooting and Hulk calves.

1 striker.

Comparing Mata and Young to Robben and Ribery as wingers is kinda depressing actually. No wonder LVG wants a fast and creative player so badly.

Comparing Mata and Young to Robben and Ribery as wingers is kinda depressing actually. No wonder LVG wants a fast and creative player so badly.

Depay should play as winger and someone else behind Rooney.

Herrera needs to start, hope LVG don't go through this stupid phase of barely playing him again like he did in early stages of last season. He adds much needed dynamism to our midfield and link up play with Mata was great weapon in our side.

Herrera needs to start, hope LVG don't go through this stupid phase of barely playing him again like he did in early stages of last season. He adds much needed dynamism to our midfield and link up play with Mata was great weapon in our side.

Agreed. Van Gaal makes far too many head scratching decisions to put it mildly.

Even last season everyone and their dog knew Herrera was better but somehow he was benched a lot.

He was injured at least twice and lacked match fitness. Not much of a head-scratcher. Van Gaal doesn't play people who are even slightly unfit unless he has no other choice.

He was injured at least twice and lacked match fitness. Not much of a head-scratcher. Van Gaal doesn't play people who are even slightly unfit unless he has no other choice.

He was injured once and he was back but was benched.

He was injured once and he was back but was benched.

As Herrera conceded, he was benched because his position left the side open, when he got it right in the second half of the season he was excellent at both ends.

Should be noted that he got a bollocking off Hoek for his positioning in the Spurs game. Doesn't matter much in a 4-3-3, does matter in a 4-2-3-1 when he is in the two

As Herrera conceded, he was benched because his position left the side open, when he got it right in the second half of the season he was excellent at both ends.

Should be noted that he got a bollocking off Hoek for his positioning in the Spurs game. Doesn't matter much in a 4-3-3, does matter in a 4-2-3-1 when he is in the two

Yeah, even himself Herrera revealed in an interview that he needed to adopt to LVG's philosophy and stop chasing the ball like a lunatic to earn his place in the team.

It's a ****** mirror article, but nevermind, they've quoted his words:

Ander Herrera: Louis van Gaal told me off for chasing the ball when I first joined Manchester United - Mirror Online

Personally I would prefer the two SCH and Herrera in the midfield (even if my gf is a Herrera fan...:D)

Back