The Manchester United Thread

Sounds like bollocks, they had a policy not ot sign after certain age, and he's 29. Only made exception for Bastian.

Unless someone's is leaving, that is. If I'm not mistaken Biglia has hilariously small release clause, at least in FM he did.

City's attack was always deadly, but its not like they're Barcelona scoring 3 while losing 2 and winning nearly every game. The midfield is rather poor . Toure is not the player he once was and they were never able to replicate the sort of stability Barry and De Jong brought, which is mind boggling considering how these two players are rated amongst general football audience. But this goes to show that having a squad where puzzle fits together is **** of a lot better, then Zzezzy'esque buying Galacticos for every position.

How the **** do I want a squad full of 'Galacticos'???

You can't say I want a team full of stars just because I don't think Young is that special (in reality he's not) oh and I still am trying to make you answer my question of what game-changers do we even have in our team at the moment? One or two, but even they are arguable. That's in no way shape or form me saying we need a team full of them. I just think we could do with a magical player and right now I don't think we have one with Di Maria leaving.

Young is the type who will work his socks off, but at the end of the day you still need players who can make game-changing moments. Right now I think we're lacking one, only Rooney or Mata you could argue right now are them players who can produce divine moments, but that is very debatable as it doesn't hardly ever happen. The type who can create winning moments from nothing.

This is a massive season for Rooney, I think it could really reflect on where he is right now as a player, in my mind he's still decent but not near the prime player he used to be.

Last edited:
Scathing attack on Van Gaal from Stoichkov. Man, how bitter is he?

Might want to win a European trophy or major league Hristo as a coach before you go attacking someone that has.

You can't say I want a team full of stars just because I don't think Young is that special (in reality he's not) oh and I still am trying to make you answer my question of what game-changers do we even have in our team at the moment? One or two, but even they are arguable. That's in no way shape or form me saying we need a team full of them. I just think we could do with a magical player and right now I don't think we have one with Di Maria leaving.

Young is the type who will work his socks off, but at the end of the day you still need players who can make game-changing moments. Right now I think we're lacking one, only Rooney or Mata you could argue right now are them players who can produce divine moments, but that is very debatable as it doesn't hardly ever happen. The type who can create winning moments from nothing.

This is a massive season for Rooney, I think it could really reflect on where he is right now as a player, in my mind he's still decent but not near the prime player he used to be.
Might get laughed at here but think, given the chance, Lingard could have a massive affect off the bench and change games. His pace and his ability to run at defenders would cause all sorts of problems late on in games off the right and he can finish too. In my opinion he's like a young/Valencia clone but with a better end product. I'm hoping he stays and gets a few starts in the league cup and possibly 2nd leg of CL if we have a big lead and show LVG what he can do in a proper game.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

We have game winners all over the pitch...mata won us games last season...most notable ones against Liverpool and crystal palace...

Depay could also be...but we have to wait and see if he brings his PSV form to united...Herrera's goal vs yeovil is that goal from absolutely nothing...

Fellaini can also pitch in sometimes and win us games...so I think you're worrying too much...

I think buying a world class defender like otamendi is far more important than this game winner

Might get laughed at here but think, given the chance, Lingard could have a massive affect off the bench and change games. His pace and his ability to run at defenders would cause all sorts of problems late on in games off the right and he can finish too. In my opinion he's like a young/Valencia clone but with a better end product. I'm hoping he stays and gets a few starts in the league cup and possibly 2nd leg of CL if we have a big lead and show LVG what he can do in a proper game.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

He is not a bad option at all to bring on last in the game. Hopefully he will get few games this season.

Per first elevens in the top six, what players can you point to and say "He is a game-changer. He can produce divine moments. He is the type that can create winning moments from nothing"? Two perhaps, three is pushing it a little.

But really it's not all that common. The players, or those moments themselves. They occur perhaps once every 8-10 games, per team. Nor are we really lacking one. We lost one 'game-changer', sure, but he wasn't our only one.

What's your opinion guys on the possible Biglia transfer?

My face when I first saw the rumours:

View attachment 927242
It's like someone craving for something sweet in the middle of the night having not eaten any for a whole **** year (thanks to SAF). However, after eating some honey pancake (Herrera), a whole tub of ice cream (Schweinsteiger) and a giant piece of cake (Schneiderlin), that bag of lollies (Biglia) suddenly seems to be totally unnecessary.

Per first elevens in the top six, what players can you point to and say "He is a game-changer. He can produce divine moments. He is the type that can create winning moments from nothing"? Two perhaps, three is pushing it a little.

But really it's not all that common. The players, or those moments themselves. They occur perhaps once every 8-10 games, per team. Nor are we really lacking one. We lost one 'game-changer', sure, but he wasn't our only one.

Idk man Mata is good but then look at City you've got Aguero, Sterling, Toure and Silva (who in my humble opinion is a level above Mata).

Chelsea only really have Hazard and Fabregas who I would class as game-changing players.

Arsenal have Sanchez, Chamberlain and Ozil.

I know they don't have tons but a few is enough like you said. Right now I ask myself is Rooney really even a game-changer anymore or just a decent player who is a shadow of what he once was? Mata produced some fine moments last season, but lets not forget who set him up for that goal vs Liverpool, Di Maria. Sure you can say it wasn't a great pass on that occasion but having someone who was capable of playing and picking out a pass from anywhere on the pitch was always very useful. Not forgetting the pace he also offered. I'm not saying for any minute we were wrong to sell him I'm just letting you know that replacing him with a player like Pedro is efficient to the team, just like when we replaced Valencia with Ronaldo, but not going to win you matches through creating game-changing moments individually with their brilliance.

Last edited:
Idk man Mata is good but then look at City you've got Aguero, Sterling, Toure and Silva (who in my humble opinion is a level above Mata).

Chelsea only really have Hazard and Fabregas who I would class as game-changing players.

Arsenal have Sanchez, Chamberlain and Ozil.

I know they don't have tons but a few is enough like you said. Right now I ask myself is Rooney really even a game-changer anymore or just a decent player who is a shadow of what he once was? Mata produced some fine moments last season, but lets not forget who set him up for that goal vs Liverpool, Di Maria. Sure you can say it wasn't a great pass on that occasion but having someone who was capable of playing and picking out a pass from anywhere on the pitch was always very useful. Not forgetting the pace he also offered. I'm not saying for any minute we were wrong to sell him I'm just letting you know that replacing him with a player like Pedro is efficient to the team, just like when we replaced Valencia with Ronaldo, but not going to win you matches through creating game-changing moments individually with their brilliance.
Goal change games. Pedro score lots of goals. Pedro can change games. Goal win games. Pedro can win games too.

Goal change games. Pedro score lots of goals. Pedro can change games. Goal win games. Pedro can win games too.

Pedro is a clinical scorer that can potentially win games through the goals he scores, but the goals he scores are from other people who have set him up majority of the time. I'm talking about the players who can change games and score goals through their own brilliance. Not doing a disservice to Pedro but I wouldn't say he's a game-changing moment type player, someone who is clinical from situations that are setup from to allow him to score the goals I'd say he is. He gets in the right positions which is a good trait in itself but that's completely different topic.

Last edited:
Pedro is a clinical scorer that can potentially win games through the goals he scores, but the goals he scores are from other people who have set him up majority of the time. I'm talking about the players who can change games and score goals through their own brilliance. Not doing a disservice to Pedro but I wouldn't say he's a game-changing moment type player, someone who is clinical from situations that are setup from to allow him to score the goals I'd say he is.

I sort of agree with this but we are yet to see how he does outside Barca. In that club everything goes through Messi and there are no match winners except Messi. Even Suarez is fed there so was Sanchez.

Maybe with more attacking freedom and responsibility he might up his game a level.

I sort of agree with this but we are yet to see how he does outside Barca. In that club everything goes through Messi and there are no match winners except Messi. Even Suarez is fed there so was Sanchez.

Maybe with more attacking freedom and responsibility he might up his game a level.

Perhaps, what did you make of City last night anyway? Sterling definitely gives their team another dimension and they played well yesterday. Still don't think their midfield of an ageing Toure and Fernando/Delph/Fernandinho is much to fear though, in the bigger games think they'll struggle like last season in this area of the pitch. Be interesting to see how they do against a better test in Chelsea on Sunday.

So far I don't think anyone has looked that good but still early days, City have been the best but even Pulis himself admitted he set his team up wrong. Playing 4-4-2 against City is just asking for trouble.

Perhaps, what did you make of City last night anyway? Sterling definitely gives their team another dimension and they played well yesterday. Still don't think their midfield of an ageing Toure and Fernando/Delph/Fernandinho is much to fear though, in the bigger games think they'll struggle like last season in this area of the pitch. Be interesting to see how they do against a better test in Chelsea on Sunday.

So far I don't think anyone has looked that good but still early days, City have been the best but even Pulis himself admitted he set his team up wrong. Playing 4-4-2 against City is just asking for trouble.

I didn't watch the game man but heard they were really good. Not surprising though. Yaya, Silva, Sterling, Aguero (not sure whether he played but still) is a great attacking team.

I didn't watch the game man but heard they were really good. Not surprising though. Yaya, Silva, Sterling, Aguero (not sure whether he played but still) is a great attacking team.

They were in so far as you can only beat what's in front of you and they comfortably did that all game.

But I wouldn't read much of anything in to it being as West Brom where beyond abysmal. They set out in a 4-4-2 which on the face of it offered a good game. That quickly became a 4-6-0, with everyone sat SO deep they could of been in Wolverhampton! And with absolutely zero pressure on any Citeh player at all. It was so easy for City it was unreal for a home opener. Just like a laid back training match.

Citeh's test and any statement comes this Sunday against the Chanpions.

City looked sharp but like Scouse said West Brom just bent over for them. But as good as City looked going forward, I thought defensively they were rather poor. Almost every time Berahino picked up the ball from deep he was allowed to turn and run straight at Mangala and Kompany. Toure and Fernandinho provided no cover for them whatsoever and this again will be their biggest problem IMO.

They were in so far as you can only beat what's in front of you and they comfortably did that all game.

But I wouldn't read much of anything in to it being as West Brom where beyond abysmal. They set out in a 4-4-2 which on the face of it offered a good game. That quickly became a 4-6-0, with everyone sat SO deep they could of been in Wolverhampton! And with absolutely zero pressure on any Citeh player at all. It was so easy for City it was unreal for a home opener. Just like a laid back training match.

Citeh's test and any statement comes this Sunday against the Chanpions.

He's pretty much nailed it, why Pulis thought it was a good idea to go with 2 up against a team where he will see less than 30% of the ball most of the time was baffling. Must have taken a leaf out of Pelle's book in Champs league games. The balance of our side looks much better though, and thank god he's ditched 442 all the time.

I fully expect that to be pretty much our formation and team (with Zaba/Sagna, KDB probably in for Navas, and Aguero to start). Bony was much better at winning and holding the ball than Dzeko, its easy to see why he was brought in for him. Silva was a perfect no 10. was a class above (and a couple of classes over some WBA players). Depending when fernando is fit, id expect us to go 433 instead of 4231 in big games.

Game was easy, we even scored from a corner ffs. Game against Chelsea won't be a statement, statements aren't made in Aug, thats a press thing. Statements are made over Xmas/Jan. I expect a score draw.

Last edited:
While watching City game, i was surprised that Mangala played with confident not like last year. But will see, this was the first week and 37 game weeks to go.
City midfield is a bit shaky and Toure is getting older and slower.

But about manu. Found this disturbing article what I can see has not shared here. Pretty straight forward from him to say like this. Anyone knows what happened between them?

Manchester United Transfer News: Hristo Stoichkov Warns Pedro Off Louis van Gaal | Bleacher Report

LVG was a very polarising figure at Barca, most so than most places. Argued with press/players, signed a couple of flops in the 2nd spell (and left the 3 points of relegation when fired) Just usual LVG stuff. Stoichkov obviously bears a long grudge..

Back