The Manchester United Thread

Sky,MEN,BBC and a few in Spain saying they don't expect Madrid to match our valuation and are sure DDG will stay. If true that's great news on top of a very good window so far!

Pretty sure Pedro is as good as gone from Barca. I mean...coming on at 94 minute, and that's with Neymar injured? Just about show how important he's currently to the squad. At 27 he has maybe 4-5 years of playing at highest level, not the time to be limited to bench.

Did an article on why I think we should move for Berahino. Any feedback or thoughts are more than welcome.
Why Manchester United should make a move for Saido Berahino

Good write up which I agree wholeheartedly with.

I'd add he's also very good in the air, which, added to all you note; makes him a far better all round footballer then the current young crop who all have differing facets to offer but not the rounded game Saido does. The quality and variety of his goals really impressed me last year as much as his all round play. A poacher like Kane you can see struggling when the rest of the team struggles but Berahino offers you a whole lot more from a variety of different situations. And as to the perceived 'attitude problem' .... he's ridded himself of that by having the nounce to boot his dip**** agent to the curb. (Something other young prospects could well heed and follow.).

As regards Utd, with money being no object as we keep hearing; I wouldn't think twice about making that investment for the future.

Still young enough and willing to learn to mould him how you want him whilst being able to contribute something different on the park through that continued development.

I doubt he leaves West Brom, at least this window; but he'd be a great calculated gamble IMHO for any of the top 5 clubs.

I'd add he's also very good in the air, which, added to all you note; makes him a far better all round footballer then the current young crop who all have differing facets to offer but not the rounded game Saido does. The quality and variety go his goals really impressed me last year as much as his all round play. A poacher like Kane you can see struggling when the rest of the team struggles but Berahino offers you a whole lot more from a variety of different situations. And as to the perceived 'attitude problem' .... he's ridded himself of that by having the nounce to boot his dip**** agent to the curb. (Something other young prospects could well heed and follow.).

As regards Utd, with money being no object as we keep hearing; I wouldn't think twice about making that investment for the future.

Still young enough and willing to learn to mould him how you want him whilst being able to contribute something different on the park through that continued development.

Kane is also decidedly better in the air than him.

I doubt he leaves West Brom, at least this window; but he'd be a great calculated gamble IMHO for any of the top 5 clubs.

Money being no object doesn't mean you ***** it on Berahino.

And Kane is a lot more than a Poacher, in fact his finishes have displayed a lot more than than, and so has his overall play.

Kane has a Muller like appreciation for space, something we need more than anything else.

Okay, Pedro is 100% leaving.

WChwGiU.jpg

That's not you how celebrate if you want anything to do with your current team.

Money being no object doesn't mean you ***** it on Berahino.

And Kane is a lot more than a Poacher, in fact his finishes have displayed a lot more than than, and so has his overall play.

Kane has a Muller like appreciation for space, something we need more than anything else.

I'd see £20 million or so as far more of a calculated gamble/ investment for the future than shelling out double that or more personally. And not a big hit to what we're lead to believe Utd have available.

We have a differing view on the type of forward Kane is compared to Berahino, which is good as it's a game of opinions so I'll leave that there as I'm both tired and not too bothered who fits better or not at Utd if truth be told.

Just wanted to respond to DMF's piece as promised.

I'd see £20 million or so as far more of a calculated gamble/ investment for the future than shelling out double that or more personally. And not a big hit to what we're lead to believe Utd have available.

We have a differing view on the type of forward Kane is compared to Berahino, which is good as it's a game of opinions so I'll leave that there as I'm both tired and not too bothered who fits better or not at Utd if truth be told.

Just wanted to respond to DMF's piece as promised.

I agree, both deals would be a gamble at this point but if I was going for one it would have to be Berahino at the moment.

I'll read with interest after the Super Cup. Suggested the same, for yourselves or any other big club through the summer and nobody agreed so I'll enjoy reading your views on a guy whom I rate as the best young English forward around. (Taking Sturridge as no longer being 'young.').

Not true. I for one suggested his name long before and IIRC you did once he dropped his agent. I said we should look at signing him as he has everything you need in a striker.

I'd add he's also very good in the air, which, added to all you note; makes him a far better all round footballer then the current young crop who all have differing facets to offer but not the rounded game Saido does. The quality and variety of his goals really impressed me last year as much as his all round play. A poacher like Kane you can see struggling when the rest of the team struggles but Berahino offers you a whole lot more from a variety of different situations. And as to the perceived 'attitude problem' .... he's ridded himself of that by having the nounce to boot his dip**** agent to the curb. (Something other young prospects could well heed and follow.).

Kane is far from poacher. He has excellent work rate and he is decent at everything and excellent at finding space.

I was wondering if Pedro comes in. How to you see the main formation? Who will be pushed out?

I understand that he wants to rotate players. And I hope that he deploys Depay in the left as it suit him better.
Will Rooney pushed to the bench? Or back to behind the striker and Pedro as forward?

Its Van Gaal, he'll go 433 Depay - Rooney - Pedro.

Its Van Gaal, he'll go 433 Depay - Rooney - Pedro.

If he plays that, it would't be a problem but playing 4-2-3-1 is a problem when our strength is in midfield (feels so weird posting that for a ManUtd fan).

Mehn...I feel really bad that it looks like mata will be benched once again...if only he had pace on his side

Guys, as we gonna compete in 4 different competitions, imo having a 'long bench' with adequate substitutes mustn't be headache.

Really? its been rumoured all summer..

It went awfully quiet and most had given up. It was like Ramos or no one.

Maybe with Ramos signing new deal this is back on? Still think it's a fight between City and United for Otamendi.

It went awfully quiet and most had given up. It was like Ramos or no one.

Maybe with Ramos signing new deal this is back on? Still think it's a fight between City and United for Otamendi.

They didnt want to spend 50m euros on one, albeit amazing, season

Valencia are in europe, same qualifiers as us. If he plays in them there is no deal.

They didnt want to spend 50m euros on one, albeit amazing, season

Valencia are in europe, same qualifiers as us. If he plays in them there is no deal.

Might be the reason deal has now been reached. Bit same as with Cesc to Barcelona as Arsenal were prepared to use him in qualifier which made Barcelona offer the required money (though Cesc also went into strike himself)

Back