The Manchester United Thread

Romero was one of our best performers and actually played really well last game. I'm not getting on the hype train but I think he's capable of doing a job every now and then.

It could be worse. You could have an average 'keeper who can't speak English and who's played in 13 league games the past 2 seasons behind him ..... Ahhhhhhhhhh, scrap that. :P

Yeha, you know why he didnt play Sampdoria right?

Answer: it wasnt because he was rubbish.

Got no issues with this going into Villa, having faced Spurs, we need to create better chances up front though

Romero was one of our best performers and actually played really well last game. I'm not getting on the hype train but I think he's capable of doing a job every now and then.

He's a good keeper. Not De Gea good, but it's not the keeper we should be thinking about here, its creating chances. Mata needs to go to the middle.

He's a good keeper. Not De Gea good, but it's not the keeper we should be thinking about here, its creating chances. Mata needs to go to the middle.

More worried about Blind than I am him, especially as Villa will probably target him aerially, so it will be a real test. Our attacking play does need to improve though you're right, Rooney take note as well.

I don't think I will ever warm to Mata.
You know sometimes there are players you just can't make yourself like?

I just find that he is too easily dispossessed, and that annoys me.

Yeha, you know why he didnt play Sampdoria right?

Answer: it wasnt because he was rubbish.

Got no issues with this going into Villa, having faced Spurs, we need to create better chances up front though

I was just messing but I know he was far from solid for Samp before he was loaned out if that helps.

Until the De Gea situation os resolved. the two biggest clubs in the North West have what should be a decent back-up 'keeper starting.

Last edited:
I don't think I will ever warm to Mata.
You know sometimes there are players you just can't make yourself like?

I just find that he is too easily dispossessed, and that annoys me.
His severe lack of pace bothers me. A lot.

His severe lack of pace bothers me. A lot.

It's a shame the English game is all about that as he's a wonderfully gifted player technically. And I might be wrong in my limited viewing in relation to you guys but he always appears a lot stronger than he looks.

I was just messing but I know he was far from solid for Samp before he was loaned out if that helps.

Until the De Gea situation os resolved. the two biggest clubs in the North West have what should be a decent back-up 'keeper starting.

No he was good, but he was binned because they couldnt sell him and had to force him out after buying viviano and gambling on a big post world cup bid

It's a shame the English game is all about that as he's a wonderfully gifted player technically. And I might be wrong in my limited viewing in relation to you guys but he always appears a lot stronger than he looks.

he is stronger than he looks. Mata was great on the left for chelsea, unstoppable though the middle, and very good on the right for us. Its our tempo, not his pace, that is the issue.

No he was good, but he was binned because they couldnt sell him and had to force him out after buying viviano and gambling on a big post world cup bid

Not how I remember him at Samp. He was a decent shot stopper (what 'keeper worth their salt aren't?); prone to some glaring errors and very dodgy with a ball at his feet. That said, it wasn't the strongest Samp, team off the back of promotion.

Each to their own but I'd be praying De Gea get's through the next few weeks still a Utd player because I wouldn't want a full season of relying on Romero.

Not how I remember him at Samp. He was a decent shot stopper (what 'keeper worth their salt aren't?); prone to some glaring errors and very dodgy with a ball at his feet. That said, it wasn't the strongest Samp, team off the back of promotion.

Each to their own but I'd be praying De Gea get's through the next few weeks still a Utd player because I wouldn't want a full season of relying on Romero.

wasn't the best is putting it mildly. Not even DDG would have come out that season with his rep intact.

BTW, what's the reasoning for tomorrow night's game?

At least it's only just down the M6, but still a Friday night?

EDL march in birmingham

Thank you. And seriously?

West Midlands sanction that for the Saturday and screw the paying fan again? Sighs. Can't believe these are going to be a fixture from next year either. That'll be over half the program on TV.

Romero is solid mid-table club goalkeeper. Nothing more.

I suppose the one thing he has going for him, is that pressure won't be an issue with the kind of challenges he faced with Argentina over last few years. A lot of people would have shat themselves being thrown into the squad straight out of the airport, but he did reasonably well in the first game.

Anyhow, the August fixtures are relatively easy so might just get away with playing subpar goalkeeper, especially since rest of the top 4 is even more of a shambles right nwo.

van Gaal says De Gea asked Frans Hoek not to play and doesn't want to play in a meeting between the two.

De Gea says he's baffled by these claims and told Frans Hoek he wanted to play.

It's about to get messy, lads.

Well, if somebody is bullshiting in this situation, its got to be De Gea. Either him or his PR people have realized that the whole situation makes him look unprofessional so now they're going for the good old 180.

Back