The Manchester United Thread

God **** you Moyes for giving Rooney new deal!

Has annual Rooney hate already start?

Rooney has been garbage, what the **** has he offered United in the last two games?? Shadow of what he once was, really is.

Rooney has been garbage, what the **** has he offered United in the last two games?? Shadow of what he once was, really is.

Depay has been garbage, what the **** has he offered United in the last two games?? Shadow of what he once was, really is.

Rooney and Depay train/play with U21 next week... Get Young in for Depay and Wilson for Rooney :D

Everyone has been useless tbh, except for Darmien, Schniderlin and Shaw. Rooney has been *****, Mata has been a liability aside from two good passes.

Rooney won't score 5 goals this season at this rate, never mind 20+

Good enough. Better than the last game. Eh, Mata... where to place him. Too slow to be on the wing, way to many players at #10 to compete with. Maybe as a striker? But where would our glorious captain then play?

Another awful game, another lucky goal with hilarious deflection. Oh well.

On the plus side, two clean sheets and two games where opposition didn't create anything at all for 90 minutes. Who needs Otamendi again?

On the plus side, two clean sheets and two games where opposition didn't create anything at all for 90 minutes. Who needs Otamendi again?

Was your goalkeeper even tested?

Depay has been garbage, what the **** has he offered United in the last two games?? Shadow of what he once was, really is.

Offered more than Rooney and he's only just joined the club in a new league? Think we can allow a few exceptions for him.

Plus he looks better out-wide than he does as a no.10 undoubtedly, his runs and game suits it much better.

Oh and Schweinsteiger's arrival onto the pitch helped us control the game when Villa was having a dominant period.

Far from awful game. Some great movements and link ups. You can clearly see United players are rusty/don't know how to play with each other. I would be interesting to watch full game of Memphis' and Rooneys movement. Some great runs there. Mata had all the space in the world, too bad he just.cant.beat.his.man with ball in his feet. We are somewhat linear. Adding one more threat in Pedro would do wonders. Dare I say maybe even a striker?

Far from awful game. Some great movements and link ups. You can clearly see United players are rusty/don't know how to play with each other. I would be interesting to watch full game of Memphis' and Rooneys movement. Some great runs there. Mata had all the space in the world, too bad he just.cant.beat.his.man with ball in his feet. We are somewhat linear. Adding one more threat in Pedro would do wonders. Dare I say maybe even a striker?

Depay looked far more comfortable in that position tonight, definitely the right way to go.

Got to say Blind was really good tonight, but I think he'll have harder games then that to contend with, bit of pressure here and there but nothing much.

Worth noting that Bastian and Herrera have completely locked the game down after coming on the pitch and showed some great passing as well. Both need to be starters.

Might be tounge-in-cheek, but that's a bit far. The entire defence was solid, Romero included. Smalling especially corralled Villa's - though tame - attacks, and Blind marshalled them just as well. Midfield was solid, particularly post-Schweinsteiger.

It was pretty much everywhere else that let us down. The passing inside Villa's half, threatening Guzan's goal, a generally up-tempo pace that would make us difficult to contain.

It's been two games and two wins. No one would have said no to that before the start of the season.

Offered more than Rooney and he's only just joined the club in a new league? Think we can allow a few exceptions for him.

Plus he looks better out-wide than he does as a no.10 undoubtedly, his runs and game suits it much better.

I was poking fun, but like Depay, we can allow a few exceptions. Particularly when we've only observed 180 minutes.

Back