The Manchester United Thread

Still like in the Fergie days better to play bad and win than play bad and lose (Arsenal last weekend).

Good trait to have if you can win when playing poorly.

[TABLE="class: grid with-centered-columns hover"]
[TR="class: alt"]
[TD="class: rank team-name"]9 goals and 4 assists from wide areas in just under 30 games is awful wideman should be assisting atleast 15-20 goals and scoring 10+ would barca accept that from neymar and suarez? would real accept that from ronaldo/bale would bayern accept that from ribery/robben [/TD]
[TD="class: tournament"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: minsPlayed"][/TD]
[TD="class: goal"][/TD]
[TD="class: assistTotal"][/TD]
[TD="class: yellowCard"][/TD]
[TD="class: redCard"][/TD]
[TD="class: shotsPerGame"][/TD]
[TD="class: passSuccess"][/TD]
[TD="class: aerialWonPerGame"][/TD]
[TD="class: manOfTheMatch"][/TD]
[TD="class: rating"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

If we played at any tempo he would be scoring 16 a season and getting 10+ assists,, like he did from the left at Chelsea.

Mata isn't the problem. If you can't recognise that our tempo is too slow then there isn't much point to this.

Never seen anything of tonights game so I don't have a clue how it played it out.

All I'm reading, here and other places, doesn't amount to much. But the first 5 games or so of the season are usually up and down with nobody fully match fit, and players getting used to each other again et all. So you just make sure you pick up as much points as you can through the opening month and half or so. You get nothing extra for style.

2 wins out of 2. Can't do any more than that.

Steady and dull, but under no real trouble. That's also more points than we picked up in the first 5 games last season.

i do understand ur points as well everyone has that one player in their team they dislike i guess ive just been used to fergies typical type of widemen haha

One thing is for sure, we were better when it was bastian and Herrera. Bastian bossed the game and Herrera was a dynamo. start those two in Europe, stick Mata in front. Job done.

i do understand ur points as well everyone has that one player in their team they dislike i guess ive just been used to fergies typical type of widemen haha

When the game gets really tight, you need someone who can operate in no space. Few better than Mata. Not his fault we are not using Herrera to move the ball quickly to the front 4.

One thing is for sure, we were better when it was bastian and Herrera. Bastian bossed the game and Herrera was a dynamo. start those two in Europe, stick Mata in front. Job done.

Undoubtedly, changed the tide of the game at that point Villa was having their best period.

Blind played really well tonight, good distribution from the back as well. Still not enough to turn down the chance to sign Otamendi but still.

Undoubtedly, changed the tide of the game at that point Villa was having their best period.

Blind played really well tonight, good distribution from the back as well. Still not enough to turn down the chance to sign Otamendi but still.

Blind isnt the answer, but he's done very well so far. I understand not wanting to pay 50m euros, but we also need to prevent City getting him, unless we have someone else up our sleeves.

did anyone notice how carragher and souness kept going on like wilson and rooney was our only forwards when we have hernandez and lvg had specifically stated hernandez is our number 2 striker trying to put it on dwight just because he thinks mufc should win the league this season

Blind isnt the answer, but he's done very well so far. I understand not wanting to pay 50m euros, but we also need to prevent City getting him, unless we have someone else up our sleeves.

Yeh, the talk is Valencia have lowered that stance and are now looking for around 40m euros, which in that case makes it understandable why perhaps we've waited this long.

Blind has always read the game exceptionally well, the fear is whether he's physically going to handle it there, tougher tests to come.

I wouldn't joke Nick.

You could well be 2 games behind on Sunday.

I'm not joking. I was first to say Chelsea won't get the title. I can quote myself if you want. I didn't say who will get it, but it won't be us. United have strengthened so it won't be a shock if they manage to get it. They are 1 or 2 players short of having a great squad.

Bruge won to go back joint top tonight in Belgium.

Looking forward with interest to that Tuesday.

On the side note, the whole idea of friday matches is ******* me off. Much as I love football, losing 2 hours of my life every day throughout entire weekend is really annoying.

Back