The Manchester United Thread

Far from awful game. Some great movements and link ups. You can clearly see United players are rusty/don't know how to play with each other. I would be interesting to watch full game of Memphis' and Rooneys movement. Some great runs there. Mata had all the space in the world, too bad he just.cant.beat.his.man with ball in his feet. We are somewhat linear. Adding one more threat in Pedro would do wonders. Dare I say maybe even a striker?
Looking at how Rooney had been since pre-season, I think we might need a striker.

It's early days Rooney will score goals just give it time

It's early days Rooney will score goals just give it time

Its one thing to be a bit rusty this early, but there's no excuse for player who makes Lambo-a-week to have first touch of a concrete wall.

Its one thing to be a bit rusty this early, but there's no excuse for player who makes Lambo-a-week to have first touch of a concrete wall.

So you're sticking with Utd for another season?

And we could of had such a good friendship too ..... :P.

I thought Memphis did ok. A few good moments, only his 2nd game and looked better than his 1st. Just don't see Rooney working as a striker, no pace to run in behind and stretch the opposition defence, also his touch is sometimes awful. I'd play either him or mata as no10 with Memphis on the left and januzzi on right ( pedro on right if he signs ). We do need a striker, Kane would be good as United always make a point of signing the best young English players and he does have very good link up play and is quite pacey, also very strong and good in the air. If not Kane then put a big bid in for lewondowski as he is quality. If we don't sign a striker then give Wilson a decent run in the team. Also schweinsteiger is different class, we looked a lot more composed when he came on, I can see him and carrick rotating throughout the season. Thought the defence looked solid. Luke shaw looks very good and covered the centre backs very well.

the one thing about rooney is it does take him 5-10 games to get his fitness up then hes roaring just be paitent its his body shape and his diet that causes this.

as for mata i will never warm to him in a million years yeah he can provide the odd magic with an assist and score quite a few but the matter of the fact is its like 10 vs 11 when we have him in the team

the one thing about rooney is it does take him 5-10 games to get his fitness up then hes roaring just be paitent its his body shape and his diet that causes this.

as for mata i will never warm to him in a million years yeah he can provide the odd magic with an assist and score quite a few but the matter of the fact is its like 10 vs 11 when we have him in the team

This really isnt true. Wanna guess who covered the most ground last season?

Yeah, I wondered what pass percentage Bastian clocked. Could have been 100% from what I've seen.

This really isnt true. Wanna guess who covered the most ground last season?

mata and herrera but its not the ground he covers its the fact we can not hit a team on the break as well as we should be able to similar situation to berbatov altough mata isnt as lazy as berbatov and its very rare he can actually take on a full back or even step past them its either cut inside take a shot or pass backwards or hit an early crosss before the full back comes at him

mata and herrera but its not the ground he covers its the fact we can not hit a team on the break as well as we should be able to similar situation to berbatov altough mata isnt as lazy as berbatov and its very rare he can actually take on a full back or even step past them its either cut inside take a shot or pass backwards or hit an early crosss before the full back comes at him

Mata isn't lazy full stop.

Mata doesnt need to run at a full back to beat them. His ghost off them resulting in 9 league goals (3rd highest scored in our side) 4 assists (joint second) and 1.5 chances created a game (2nd). Mata doesnt stop us scoring on the break, our tempo stops us, and that would be a lot faster if we actually got it to him quicker or even better played him as a number 10 with Herrera behind him.

Wins, a win, but **** me that was dire to watch. 2 shots on target, Rooney's only touch in the box was the ball he put out for a throw in, in the 90th min. I hope this is mostly down to the new players gelling in, but the basis of it, just seems to be the way LVG wants you to play. Very controlled, Very old style continental possession.

You look OK at the min, but don't look a threat at the champions just yet... some of the possession passes lost by both teams was **** poor at times, astray all over the place. Smalling looks improved though. Depay will be fine, he's clearly getting into the right place at the right time. Most strikers take a few months to get caught up to the EPL pace, he looks to be getting it quicker than most, once he calms and buries one. He'll get a bunch

Wins, a win, but **** me that was dire to watch. 2 shots on target, Rooney's only touch in the box was the ball he put out for a throw in, in the 90th min. I hope this is mostly down to the new players gelling in, but the basis of it, just seems to be the way LVG wants you to play. Very controlled, Very old style continental possession.

You look OK at the min, but don't look a threat at the champions just yet... some of the possession passes lost by both teams was **** poor at times, astray all over the place. Smalling looks improved though. Depay will be fine, he's clearly getting into the right place at the right time. Most strikers take a few months to get caught up to the EPL pace, he looks to be getting it quicker than most, once he calms and buries one. He'll get a bunch

It's half way of what he wants, what we havent got yet is the persistent attacks this style of play brings

Mata isn't lazy full stop.

Mata doesnt need to run at a full back to beat them. His ghost off them resulting in 9 league goals (3rd highest scored in our side) 4 assists (joint second) and 1.5 chances created a game (2nd). Mata doesnt stop us scoring on the break, our tempo stops us, and that would be a lot faster if we actually got it to him quicker or even better played him as a number 10 with Herrera behind him.

I think people forget mike that the fastest thing on the pitch is actually the ball

Never seen anything of tonights game so I don't have a clue how it played it out.

All I'm reading, here and other places, doesn't amount to much. But the first 5 games or so of the season are usually up and down with nobody fully match fit, and players getting used to each other again et all. So you just make sure you pick up as much points as you can through the opening month and half or so. You get nothing extra for style.

2 wins out of 2. Can't do any more than that.

[TABLE="class: grid with-centered-columns hover"]
[TR="class: alt"]
[TD="class: rank team-name"]9 goals and 4 assists from wide areas in just under 30 games is awful wideman should be assisting atleast 15-20 goals and scoring 10+ would barca accept that from neymar and suarez? would real accept that from ronaldo/bale would bayern accept that from ribery/robben
[/TD]
[TD="class: tournament"][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: minsPlayed"][/TD]
[TD="class: goal"][/TD]
[TD="class: assistTotal"][/TD]
[TD="class: yellowCard"][/TD]
[TD="class: redCard"][/TD]
[TD="class: shotsPerGame"][/TD]
[TD="class: passSuccess"][/TD]
[TD="class: aerialWonPerGame"][/TD]
[TD="class: manOfTheMatch"][/TD]