The Manchester United Thread

I was getting worried btw. Depay-Mata-Pedro. If they click, it's over.

No worries though, you will get another player. Pedro is not the best out there. I'm not even that excited by this deal.

Pfft, I am, Pedro is literally perfect for you, Hazard-Oscar/Fabregas-Pedro, that's scary by anyones imagination.

I can't see us getting anyone else of any note now, practically no one out there available, if we can't get someone with a release clause done over the line then I'm not confident we can get someone who hasn't got one.

Last edited:
Pfft, I am, Pedro is literally perfect for you, Hazard-Oscar/Fabregas-Pedro, that's scary by anyones imagination.

I'd be more excited if we had Mata as a #10. Hazard-Mata-Pedro really makes me drool. I don't like Oscar as a 10.

..... I can't see us getting anyone else of any note now, practically no one out there available, if we can't get someone with a release clause done over the line then I'm not confident we can get someone who hasn't got one.

And then there's DDG.

And Madrid's penchant for taking players at the very last minute of a deadline.

It's going to be an interesting end to the month to say the least.

Last edited:
Di Maria, Nani, RVP, Falcao, out.

Depay in.

If it stays like this, what a load of BS we've put ourselves in. We're going to be stuck with Mata on the right. :@

Awp0c.gif

Really bad call not picking up Pedro, unless you have someone better lined up. We can play without him sure, but we'll have to work that much harder.

Depay in.

If it stays like this, what a load of BS we've put ourselves in. We're going to be stuck with Mata on the right. :@

Still 12 days until the end of the month man.

Yeah, on the face of it all the OTT plaudits for Woodward early seem somewhat silly in retrospect. Made even worse if the 'keeper leaves this window. But a lot can still change between now and the end of the month.

Still business to be done surely?

Still 12 days until the end of the month man.

Yeah, on the face of it all the OTT plaudits for Woodward early seem somewhat silly in retrospect. Made even worse if the 'keeper leaves this window. But a lot can still change between now and the end of the month.

Still business to be done surely?

If DDG leaves Navas goes the other way. No issue there. As
for the 4 out, 3 of them were terrible/not even playing for us, on way out. Only Di Maria needed actual replacing,

And hes forgotten the 2 Ss and Darmian. Overall we're in a much better place. Still work to do.

If DDG leaves Navas goes the other way. No issue there. As
for the 4 out, 3 of them were terrible/not even playing for us, on way out. Only Di Maria needed actual replacing

Mike, I think you've got to be realistic and say this is a **** up of the highest order not getting Pedro. Allowing him to go to Chelsea and Otamendi getting City has strengthened them both.

We've done some good business, as has been evident, but we've got to be realistic and say that we're lacking in a few areas.

Striker, CB and Inside Forward/Winger on the right side for me. Perhaps I can ignore the CB how we're defending at the moment, but not to address the other two positions seemingly is just asking for trouble. Where are all our goals going to come from? Depay's brilliance alone isn't going to cut it.

Mike, I think you've got to be realistic and say this is a **** up of the highest order not getting Pedro. Allowing him to go to Chelsea and Otamendi getting City has strengthened them both.

We've done some good business, as has been evident, but we've got to be realistic and say that we're lacking in a few areas.

Striker, CB and Inside Forward/Winger on the right side for me. Perhaps I can ignore the CB how we're defending at the moment, but not to address the other two positions seemingly is just asking for trouble. Where are all our goals going to come from? Depay's brilliance alone isn't going to cut it.

Did you bother to read my first post?

Or the rest of the second?

Depay in.

Nani was not even in the squad last season.

RVP, Falcao out and Hernandez in. It's easy choice to make for an impact sub.

Lost Di Maria and needed proper replacement though.

Saying that, For all the mocking of Chelsea and City fans, ManUtd fans are even worse when it comes to transfer season. People moan about the 2 clubs spending and buying everything that moves but expect their club to do the same thing.

We have signed Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Darmian, Romero this window. All quality players bar Romero and over all we are in much much better state than last season.

Did you bother to read my first post?

Or the rest of the second?

We may well be in a better place, but that's not saying much considering we finished 4th and whatever it was under Moyes.

The point is, that we've improved, but we're lacking in areas that may well stop us from challenging. If we ended the window now I'd be disappointed in what we've gone into a major season with.

Losing De Gea would just be unthinkable, replacing him with Navas is a small consolation.

Nani was not even in the squad last season.

RVP, Falcao out and Hernandez in. It's easy choice to make for an impact sub.

Lost Di Maria and needed proper replacement though.

Saying that, For all the mocking of Chelsea and City fans, ManUtd fans are even worse when it comes to transfer season. People moan about the 2 clubs spending and buying everything that moves but expect their club to do the same thing.

We have signed Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Darmian, Romero this window. All quality players bar Romero and over all we are in much much better state than last season.

Could do with one more up front, and ideally one more in defence. But essentially correct.

We may well be in a better place, but that's not saying much considering we finished 4th and whatever it was under Moyes.

The point is, that we've improved, but we're lacking in areas that may well stop us from challenging. If we ended the window now I'd be disappointed in what we've gone into a major season with.

Losing De Gea would just be unthinkable, replacing him with Navas is a small consolation.

Actually its saying a lot. But don''t let that stop you. You're always disappointed.

Actually its saying a lot. But don''t let that stop you. You're always disappointed.

Pedro was a huge signing though, everyone took it as happening because it just made perfect sense. Now it hasn't, we're definitely lacking on that area of the pitch. Worst of all to let him go to Chelsea is just....... giving them a new weapon that they really shouldn't of been able to get. I'm flabbergasted we didn't seal this one.

Going back to 'what I am' or how I'm negative is true.... but I didn't say I wasn't.... I'm just trying to say how we've bought some good players but we've also lost some as well. There are still gaps in our team that need strengthening to be a force this season.

Pedro was a huge signing though, everyone took it as happening because it just made perfect sense. Now it hasn't, we're definitely lacking on that area of the pitch. Worst of all to let him go to Chelsea is just....... giving them a new weapon that they really shouldn't of been able to get. I'm flabbergasted we didn't seal this one.

Going back to 'what I am' or how I'm negative is true.... but I didn't say I wasn't.... I'm just trying to say how we've bought some good players but we've also lost some as well. There are still gaps in our team that need strengthening to be a force this season.

Wait a minute. Wait a minute. You spend ages not being convinced he solves problems, now he's a huge loss?!

We need that space operator, and we better have one lined up, unless he'd decided to put faith in Januzaj, which is risky though he has looked really sharp. Would still want one more attacking option as its asking a lot for Januzaj to score 10 and assist 10 this season

Back