The Manchester United Thread

Nani was not even in the squad last season.

RVP, Falcao out and Hernandez in. It's easy choice to make for an impact sub.

Lost Di Maria and needed proper replacement though.

Saying that, For all the mocking of Chelsea and City fans, ManUtd fans are even worse when it comes to transfer season. People moan about the 2 clubs spending and buying everything that moves but expect their club to do the same thing.

We have signed Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Darmian, Romero this window. All quality players bar Romero and over all we are in much much better state than last season.

Isn't it a bit irrelevant to bring up the whole spending thing because it literally means nothing? People only care about success these days and in order to do that you have to spend money. Where that money comes from there is a clear difference between us and some other clubs. That's not a dig at them, it's just the truth but it's irrelevant anyway because it's the way of the modern world.

Yes we've bought 4/5 players, but honestly we haven't even spent that much at all when you consider the amount of players we've got rid of in wages and transfer fees. Pretty sure our net spend currently is something like £15-20m currently I believe. Which is nothing.

If pedro is going to Chelsea is it worth taking a chance on Cuadrado? In the right set-up he could be useful. He's not had a run at Chelsea and doesn't seem to be needed.

If pedro is going to Chelsea is it worth taking a chance on Cuadrado? In the right set-up he could be useful. He's not had a run at Chelsea and doesn't seem to be needed.

No, i'd genuinely have no one than Cuadrado

Wait a minute. Wait a minute. You spend ages not being convinced he solves problems, now he's a huge loss?!

We need that space operator, and we better have one lined up, unless he'd decided to put faith in Januzaj, which is risky though he has looked really sharp. Would still want one more attacking option as its asking a lot for Januzaj to score 10 and assist 10 this season

Well I did say Pedro wouldn't solve all our problems, which he wouldn't, but he would of added goals which is one less problem to worry about.

Even by your own admittance we lack creativity in the final third, in many cases that was evident last night as well, it took two moments of brilliance from Depay to change that. You know when I mentioned about needing these types of players who can make something out of nothing? He's certainly one of them we do have right now and it's so valuable for when we're struggling to score knowing that we have a player like that.

Well I did say Pedro wouldn't solve all our problems, which he wouldn't, but he would of added goals which is one less problem to worry about.

Even by your own admittance we lack creativity in the final third, in many cases that was evident last night as well, it took two moments of brilliance from Depay to change that. You know when I mentioned about needing these types of players who can make something out of nothing? He's certainly one of them we do have right now and it's so valuable for when we're struggling to score knowing that we have a player like that.

He does make something from nothing. He drags people out of space and gets into space. Pedro creates space where there is none, which is brilliant but not the same thing as creating from nothing.

We didnt lack creativity last night at all! What are you on about? we should have scored 6 last night.

What was the issue regarding Pedro anyway? I've heard that apparently LvG felt he was no longer needed and United didn't want to pay the release clause, which IMO is ridiculous considering how low the fee is.

He sucks balls and everyone seems to be ignorant about it. Really cannot fathom the idea of buying him in the first place.

Think jose will switch back to a 433 for Pedro? Hazard - Costa - Pedro? not seen him play in an out and out wing postion much myself.

What was the issue regarding Pedro anyway? I've heard that apparently LvG felt he was no longer needed and United didn't want to pay the release clause, which IMO is ridiculous considering how low the fee is.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the De Gea and/or Valdes situation has something to do with Pedro's decision. We're probably saving face now trying to admit that we wasn't interested all of a sudden. Which is quite frankly a load of tosh because Woody was in Barcelona few days back.

He does make something from nothing. He drags people out of space and gets into space. Pedro creates space where there is none, which is brilliant but not the same thing as creating from nothing.

We didnt lack creativity last night at all! What are you on about? we should have scored 6 last night.

As the game went on we created fair few chances, but up until that first Depay goal we were struggling, once that went in it was a different game.

Cuadrado is like Bendtner with dreadlocks for me. Overpriced, half-season, one World Cup wonder.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the De Gea and/or Valdes situation has something to do with Pedro's decision. We're probably saving face now trying to admit that we wasn't interested all of a sudden. Which is quite frankly a load of tosh because Woody was in Barcelona few days back.

Yeah, I did read somewhere that conversations with both Fabregas and Valdes caused Pedro to reconsider moving to United.

Jason Burt@JBurtTelegraph 19m19 minutes ago
Briefing that LVG saw enough in MU games to convince him he doesn't need Pedro. Was it Januzaj? Priorities now elsewhere. Centre-forward?

--------------------------------------------

Does this actually translate to he's seen enough of Januzaj in two games to suddenly realise we don't need one? This literally makes no sense whatsoever.

Ah, and Ed if you were/are indeed in Barcelona let's pop out to Madrid and go ALL IN for Griezmann. Ty.

United will be fine, they already saw off Spurs, beat Villa in there own backyard, and crushed invading infidels from Brugge.

Depay looks to be finding his feet fast, which is usually a few months in the English game.

Yes, you could have got Otamendi and Pedro for the price of Raheem Sterling, but the team looks fine albeit slow paced (passing wise). Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal havent improved that much yet.

It just the pending transfers from MCFC and Chelsea that will make the United suitation look worse, when really they have bought well and have a decent balanced side, maybe not a fully balanced squad but that will come soon enough.

Jason Burt@JBurtTelegraph 19m19 minutes ago
Briefing that LVG saw enough in MU games to convince him he doesn't need Pedro. Was it Januzaj? Priorities now elsewhere. Centre-forward?

--------------------------------------------

Does this actually translate to he's seen enough of Januzaj in two games to suddenly realise we don't need one? This literally makes no sense whatsoever.

You can translate that how you want, its massively vague.

United will be fine, they already saw off Spurs, beat Villa in there own backyard, and crushed invading infidels from Brugge.

Depay looks to be finding his feet fast, which is usually a few months in the English game.

Yes, you could have got Otamendi and Pedro for the price of Raheem Sterling, but the team looks fine albeit slow paced (passing wise). Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal havent improved that much yet.

It just the pending transfers from MCFC and Chelsea that will make the United suitation look worse, when really they have bought well and have a decent balanced side, maybe not a fully balanced squad but that will come soon enough.

Careful now, some might think you were not a City fan....

Back